Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #256
TerdFerguson18
Earning My Ears

I would have posted this on Tuesday, but I've been in New York until today on a trip to play at Carnegie Hall!

On Tuesday morning I had my phone interview. I think it went very well, although I can't remember for the life of me what my interviewers name was (kind of a busy week) but I remember she had an English or Austrailian accent. She asked me some standard questions about why I want to go, working indoors/outdoors, teamwork, repetetive tasks. She asked me specific questions regarding photopass and Character attendant, and I told her my top three roles were Character Performer (going to Chicago auditions), Attractions, and Character Attendant. It lasted about 25 mins, though she was about 6 minutes late calling. All in all I think it went well and I've been stalking my dashboard ever since!
TerdFerguson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #257
touchthesky
Mouseketeer

Sounds like you might have had Jenny. She asked me a lot of similar questions, including one about Main Entrance Ops which was completely out of left field, since I put low interest for it.

Good luck!
touchthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #258
TerdFerguson18
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchthesky View Post
Sounds like you might have had Jenny. She asked me a lot of similar questions, including one about Main Entrance Ops which was completely out of left field, since I put low interest for it.

Good luck!
I forgot about that one, it was the "what if you were the first person a guest encountered" or something like that. I thought it was either main entrance or photopass, and I honestly don't remember if I put any interest for main gate or not :/
TerdFerguson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #259
cagirl4life
Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!!

I just got done with my interview. I had Bonnie (I believe she had an accent). It was 15 minutes early and lasted 15 minutes. I think it went well, I could have answered the questions better but I didn't blow it. I had questions on Attractions, Photopass, Quick Service Cashier and Park Greeter. The one question that threw me for a loop was "What is your ideal team?" First I didn't understand what she said and then my brain just blanked. Later my phone decided to cut out on me so I only heard the end of the tattoo question and the next question I heard none of so I was running around my apartment trying to find better signal. It must of been a sight! So here goes the waiting game!

DL: to many times to count, last trip August 2013!
WDW: July 1998 (Off Site); February 2006 (CBR); April 2006 (AS Sports); February 2007 (ASM); February 2008 (ASM); April 2008 (CBR); June 2008 (SSR); January 2010 (AS Sports)
cagirl4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #260
WindyCityKid
(It really is windy)

Hey, my name is Mike, im 20, and i live in the Chicagoland area. Currently at a community college finishing up my pre-reqs for the AAS RN program there. Theres a 1 year waiting list to start the program, and ive always wanteed to do the DCP since i first found out about it as a freshman in high school, so this is the perfect timing to do it!

Im shooting for the Fall Advantage, but I'd be ECSTATIC to be accepted to either!

My top 3 Roles:
-Lifeguard
-Recreation
-Concierge

My first boss I had as a freshman at a local waterpark did the DCP when she was in college...ended up staying and working for Disney for 7 years and met her husband in the program before moving back up here. She planted the seed, and now I want a magical disney story of my own!

I applied online on 2/20/13, completed my WBI on 2/21/23, and just had my phone interview with LINDSEY at 1:30 today, 2/22/13.

LINDSEY called me at 1:28 PM, 2 minutes before my start time, and the interview lasted about 20 minutes. She was really engaging and friendly, smile if you get her!

Now comes the waiting game!

PS: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PERFECT RECEPTION. My house is a deadzone and I had to repeat answers because i was cutting out (stupid AT&T), which I would definitely avoid! She was understanding but it is obviously better to avoid this situation!

Last edited by WindyCityKid; 02-22-2013 at 03:16 PM.
WindyCityKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #261
jobro912
Mouseketeer

So, son was accepted today for Fall 13, Custodial...Um, now he is doubting. Has anyone here had that role, or know someone who has who would be willing to contact him and talk with him about it??
jobro912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #262
Disney PI Hopeful
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobro912 View Post
So, son was accepted today for Fall 13, Custodial...Um, now he is doubting. Has anyone here had that role, or know someone who has who would be willing to contact him and talk with him about it??
Congrats to your son!

If either you or your son is on Facebook there is a group that someone just started for those accepted to custodial for Fall 2013.

Search this on Facebook:
Disney College Program Custodial Fall/Fall Advantage 2013

Hopefully there will be people in that group that can help answers his questions
Disney PI Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #263
touchthesky
Mouseketeer

I sadly can't help jobro, but if you don't mind me asking, was that one of his top choices? For what its worth, I've heard its not as bad as people make it out to be.

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind
touchthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #264
jobro912
Mouseketeer

touchthesky...it wasn't one of his top choices, however he did indicate interest on his ap, and during his interview. He does have a CM "Job Scout" and he said it is also a great role for networking...have also heard other good things about the role as well.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #265
AliSW
\

I had custodial. It was actually great because you have TONS of freedom. It's not hard to deal with trash and most of the time you get to walk around and sweep. and restrooms are easy too especially for guys hah. I wasn't excited for it either but then I ended up staying for a second program.

In my interview they brought up BBB which I put high interest on but not as a top 2 (which I regret) I'm a bit upset I forgot to mention that I danced so I have lots of experience with make up but I said I had experience with kids and always did my niece's hair. I sort of want this more than my top choice now haha so I hope I have a chance.
It was weird that they asked me only one question about 6 roles. I also hope 9 minutes wasn't too short if no one saw what I said before haha.
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #266
poohmom715
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobro912 View Post
touchthesky...it wasn't one of his top choices, however he did indicate interest on his ap, and during his interview. He does have a CM "Job Scout" and he said it is also a great role for networking...have also heard other good things about the role as well.
what is a cm "job scout"?
poohmom715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #267
jobro912
Mouseketeer

poohmom...a friend of ours who is a CM and served as a reference.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:48 PM   #268
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how many are accepted for each role mostly for the Disneyland CP? I see on the Facebook page that several have been accepted for roles such as attractions, photo pass, and retail but only one each so far for hospitality roles (Disney Desk, Front Desk or Guest Services). My top 2 roles were Disney Desk and Guest Services and so far I've only seen one person who was accepted for Disney Desk.

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:28 PM   #269
KevC
Earning My Ears

Hey everyone! My name is Kevin. I am graduating this year from the University of Virginia, and this will be my first CP! I had my phone interview on the 19th and found out today (technically yesterday) that I got accepted for main entrance operations!!!

If anyone has previous experience in this role, I would love to hear about it!

Good luck to everyone that is still waiting!!
KevC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:43 AM   #270
Nensense
Earning My Ears

So I had my interview about a little over 5 hours ago and I think it went pretty well. Interviewer was very nice and it lasted a little over 20 minutes. I just feel like because I was nervous I talked a bit too fast, hopefully that doesn't ruin my chances of getting in though : /.

Last edited by Nensense; 02-23-2013 at 02:54 AM.
Nensense is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: