Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #241
ruckelc
Earning My Ears

@leeg Haha news of acceptance would be good news!
ruckelc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #242
Ashbash89
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Congratulations, Ashley! You will be living my dream! (if I had applied for WDW, my top choice would have been vacation planner. I applied for DL and am still in pending status.)
Thanks! It was my top choice as well. Good luck to you!
Ashbash89 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #243
Disney PI Hopeful
Earning My Ears

Disney PI Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #244
Jakey1
Earning My Ears

Just got an e-mail today (2 days after phone interview) stating that my status is pending a final decision. wahhhh

This really makes me nervous! Does this mean my chances are low of getting in or I'll have to wait a really long time to find out? It says I will be contacted with an update by April 19th, but that's so far away! I might die..
Jakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #245
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Congratulations to those accepted! To those of you still waiting to hear back, hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliSW View Post
1. What are the differences between hospitality and concierge?

2. Does character attendant involve speaking in front of large groups of people?

3. Also would they care if I just said my top 4 roles but in no order or anything?
1. the differences between hospitality and concierge is the difference in work that the roles entail. The Concierge role will be interacting with VIP and Concierge level guests during their stay. The Hospitality role can have you working (or switching around) the Front Desk, Luggage Service, Dispatch, and Telephone room while checking and assisting guests.

2. Yes, it will. You're the character's assistant, helping communicate to the guests what they're trying to say. There's always the opportunity at the end of each day to let the guests know that "Pooh needs to go get some hunny because he has a rumbly tummy".

3. I'd try and be decisive about which roles you are interested, and make your points as to why you chose those roles. Try to have things orderly so they can tell where you'd enjoy being!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckelc View Post
Does anyone think that they'll actually accept people that have been waiting the full two weeks? It seems like the process is moving pretty quickly this year and I'm kind of just expecting a NLIC around the two week mark.
There's always the possibility.

You have to keep in mind, those that are pended could be waiting anywhere from tomorrow to the end of the application process. I know several CP's that have been accepted near the deadline, so it's possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscpround2 View Post
my dashboard does say anything, it says that I haven't even applied. but I had a phone interview and email thanking me for my phone interview. but there is nothing on my dashboard, should I be worried?
I'd try checking it in a bit if you're still having the issue with your dashboard. Mine did the same a bit ago, you just need to refresh it. Technology isn't guaranteed sometimes as we've seen.

Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #246
cmhand30
Princess & The Lost Boys

I have been accepted for Fall '13 (Merchandise). I accepted and paid my fees. Then I received an e-mail requesting more information (my birthday). I have not received a welcome e-mail that I keep seeing on tumblr that others have received. So I called recruiting and they confirmed my acceptance and dates, but had no answer about the e-mail. What else is on that e-mail besides the cool picture of Mickey Mouse? Thanks for any responses.
2008 - Jan - YC CL, Oct - ASM, Dec - POP
2009 - Feb-POFQ, April-BWV, May-BC CL, June-DCL Magic, July-GF CL, Aug-BLT, Sep-BLT, Oct-POP, Dec SSR
2010 - Apr/May - POP/SSR, May - HHI/GF CL, July -SSR, Aug- WL CL, Oct-OKW, Dec-Poly CL
2011 - Feb -OKWX2, Mar - CSR, May - SOG, Jul-GFCL, AUG - CBR/ASSR, Oct -DCL Magic/BCR, Dec - WLR
2012 - Jan-POP/ASM, May - BLT/VWL, Aug-OKW
2013 - Mar - YC CL/BCV, July - SSR, Aug - DCL Dream - 2014 - Sep - DCL Magic - Southern Caribbean
cmhand30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #247
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhand30 View Post
I have been accepted for Fall '13 (Merchandise). I accepted and paid my fees. Then I received an e-mail requesting more information (my birthday). I have not received a welcome e-mail that I keep seeing on tumblr that others have received. So I called recruiting and they confirmed my acceptance and dates, but had no answer about the e-mail. What else is on that e-mail besides the cool picture of Mickey Mouse? Thanks for any responses.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You should receive the Additional Information email, and then about an hour later the "Welcome to the Team" email. I'd try checking your spam folder, or see if it is on your Dashboard yet. The system may be backed up.

The message contains your arrival/departure dates, links to the onboarding website, and links to the DCP facebook/twitter/youtube sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey1 View Post
Does this mean my chances are low of getting in or I'll have to wait a really long time to find out?
It doesn't, not one bit. Just Keep Calm and Carry On! April will be here before you know it.

Gerry gave an excellent example on the last page:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeg229 View Post
One of my roommates last program applied the very last day and had the one of the last interviews of the recruiting season and still got in for Spring Advantage. So don't lose hope, they accept people right until the very end!
Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #248
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just got an e-mail today (2 days after phone interview) stating that my status is pending a final decision. wahhhh

This really makes me nervous! Does this mean my chances are low of getting in or I'll have to wait a really long time to find out? It says I will be contacted with an update by April 19th, but that's so far away! I might die..
Pending is neither a bad thing nor a good thing. Your chances of getting in are the same as before you got that email. You may have to wait until April to hear back. There are also people who have been pended who have been accepted the following day or a week later, though it's more common to wait much longer than that. Don't be discouraged! It's a long wait but SO worth it.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #249
Jakey1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRadcliffe View Post
It doesn't, not one bit. Just Keep Calm and Carry On! April will be here before you know it.

Gerry gave an excellent example on the last page:

Have a Magical Day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeg229 View Post
Pending is neither a bad thing nor a good thing. Your chances of getting in are the same as before you got that email. You may have to wait until April to hear back. There are also people who have been pended who have been accepted the following day or a week later, though it's more common to wait much longer than that. Don't be discouraged! It's a long wait but SO worth it.
Ahh thanks guys! I was so worried when I got that e-mail because I associated the pending with a negative, but you guys made me feel better! Guess I'll just play the waiting game now
Jakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #250
Nensense
Earning My Ears

Have my interview tomorrow night at 7:30pm PST and I've incredibly nervous! Incredibly excited though! Definitely hoping I'll get accepted.
Nensense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #251
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nensense View Post
Have my interview tomorrow night at 7:30pm PST and I've incredibly nervous! Incredibly excited though! Definitely hoping I'll get accepted.
You'll be fine as long as you remember to sell yourself when answering the questions. Don't just solve the problem the interviewer gives you, explain why the skills you've learned from a previous job/at school lead you to your answer. Oh and smile. Disney loves smilers. Good Luck!!
Old 02-21-2013, 11:14 PM   #252
pipermae
Mouseketeer

*sigh* Pended.
May&June 2010 - POP w/ new friends!
March 2011 - All Star Sports to celebrate our engagement!
August 2011 thru January 2012 - Disney College Program, Attractions Hostess at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
January 2012 to January 2013 - Seasonal Cast Member at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (visited in June and October in 2012)
March 2013 - Married at Disney World on 03-13-13!
Fall 2013 DCP - Attractions (Location: Sum of All Thrills)
pipermae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #253
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ahh thanks guys! I was so worried when I got that e-mail because I associated the pending with a negative, but you guys made me feel better! Guess I'll just play the waiting game now
I think all of the pended emails have the same date (April 19) but hopefully we'll hear some good news before then! I haven't heard yet of anyone who has been pended that has been accepted yet though - I agree it's hard to wait. Last year I got pended a month after the interview and during the final week got NLIC I'm sure you will get accepted!! Think good thoughts

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #254
TheGreatMazzu
Army Vet / Disney Career Hopeful

Cool Hello! ^_^

I did this on one other thread, but since this one is for the people for the Fall 2013 CM's / hopefuls, I'll go ahead and make myself known here, too. Hi! My name is Matt, and I applied for the Fall 2013 program at WDW as either a Photopass Photographer or a Character Attendant. First things first, though - I am a sophomore at the Savannah College of Art and Design, majoring in Animation, and I am an Army veteran of 6 years, having served a tour in Iraq.

My phone interview was about 2 Mondays ago, and I'm fairly confident that I did alright :> the lady that interviewed me was really nice, but when I told her that I didn't have any tattoos, she sounded legitimately shocked (something about being a service member, apparently she was getting ready to write a laundry list of tattoos :B). All-in-all, though, it went pretty swimmingly. I still have another week and 1/2 before I'm supposed to hear something back, so I'm just waiting for the time to go by, I guess xD

Anyways... if I do get accepted, I hope to be able to make friends with a few of you guys before I go down to Disney, so as to not feel like a complete stranger :3 also, I started a vlog on YouTube under TheGreatMazzu, so I can highlight my experiences with the program :> so please support that, if you can! If anything else, feel free to message me on here! Looking forward to chatting with you guys!
TheGreatMazzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #255
AliSW
\

I had my interview... I don't know what to think. It was only 9 minutes. She seemed pretty happy when I said all I wanted to do after graduating is go back to Disney and I think she was pleased with most of my answers..
but she also asked about my experience outside of my last CP.. which is basically just a paper route. she asked about a challenge and I couldn't think of a thing to say because there weren't any.. I was also taken by surprise when she asked about transportation because I put low interest. Otherwise I was asked about merchandise (I assume, with the repetitive job question), character attendant, photopass, bbb and vacation planner. as well if I put low interest on custodial, which I had last time, because I wanted something new.
I don't know I'm so nervous haha. I know other people had short interviews but is 9 minutes too short??

Last edited by AliSW; 02-22-2013 at 12:16 PM.
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: