Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #196
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobro912 View Post
Son had his interview today at 4:15...said it went well...When asked why DCP he shared some stories about his experiences re CMs and parks...She asked about transportation which he is pretty sure he didn't indicate interest on...if so it would have been low...Also discussed custodial...he was planning on doing character auditions, but decided to not, and asked her to not place him on the list. Now...we...wait.

Good luck!! Sometimes the questions you get asked have little or nothing to do with the roles you express interest in; they just want to see how you handle certain questions and respond to situations. Welcome to the waiting game!!
Old 02-17-2013, 01:45 AM   #197
wdwislife
DIS Veteran

This waiting game is already getting to me and I'm only on day 4!
Normally I wouldn't even think about getting any results for another 10 days, but with the huge influx of NLICs and pendings, not to mention the surprise early acceptances, I'm starting to get antsy!

WDW TRIPS Feb 2000: offsite | Feb 2002: offsite/yacht club | Feb 2004: offsite | Feb 2006: offsite | Feb 2008: offsite/boardwalk | Feb 2010: Contemporary/offsite | Dec 2010: SUPRISE TRIP at the POP! | Feb 2012: offsite/all-star movies | May 2013: POFQ | Aug 2013: AKL | Sept 2013: FW Cabins | Nov 2013: YC | Dec 2013: CBR | March 2014: Offsite | August 2014: POP/Cabana Bay | DL TRIPS Aug 2008: offsite | July 2009: offsite | Aug 2011: offsite | DCL TRIPS Aug 2012: 4 Day Canada/NE, Disney Magic | DLP TRIPS Dec 2012: Sequoia Lodge |
wdwislife is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #198
lego606
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwislife View Post
This waiting game is already getting to me and I'm only on day 4!
Normally I wouldn't even think about getting any results for another 10 days, but with the huge influx of NLICs and pendings, not to mention the surprise early acceptances, I'm starting to get antsy!
Me too! Though I'm still in progress for Disneyland because I assume they haven't started accepting people
lego606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #199
Cicero10
Mouseketeer

Are roommates accommodating with diseases? Because I have a disease called Cystic Fibrosis and the medications I take are very expensive and require refrigeration. I also have another machine that must be used for my disease. It's about the size of a big snack box, it must be used everyday and it takes 30 minutes to use a day. What it does is shakes my chest (I put it on like a life jacket) and it shakes my chest. So it makes a bit of noise, but not enough to hear outside of a room (you could maybe hear it faintly).
Cicero10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #200
wdwislife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero10 View Post
Are roommates accommodating with diseases? Because I have a disease called Cystic Fibrosis and the medications I take are very expensive and require refrigeration. I also have another machine that must be used for my disease. It's about the size of a big snack box, it must be used everyday and it takes 30 minutes to use a day. What it does is shakes my chest (I put it on like a life jacket) and it shakes my chest. So it makes a bit of noise, but not enough to hear outside of a room (you could maybe hear it faintly).
I have a friend with Cystic Fibrosis so I'm fairly familiar with the treatments! I'm sure that if you explain your situation to potential roommates they will be very understanding. Anyone who isn't probably isn't good roommate material!

WDW TRIPS Feb 2000: offsite | Feb 2002: offsite/yacht club | Feb 2004: offsite | Feb 2006: offsite | Feb 2008: offsite/boardwalk | Feb 2010: Contemporary/offsite | Dec 2010: SUPRISE TRIP at the POP! | Feb 2012: offsite/all-star movies | May 2013: POFQ | Aug 2013: AKL | Sept 2013: FW Cabins | Nov 2013: YC | Dec 2013: CBR | March 2014: Offsite | August 2014: POP/Cabana Bay | DL TRIPS Aug 2008: offsite | July 2009: offsite | Aug 2011: offsite | DCL TRIPS Aug 2012: 4 Day Canada/NE, Disney Magic | DLP TRIPS Dec 2012: Sequoia Lodge |
wdwislife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #201
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Most people are human and are understanding of medical issues. I have an autoimmune disease and as a result I really need to sleep 7-8 hours a night. Early on in the program they were really rude and kept me awake late at night because they were so loud. Eventually they calmed down. I also had medication that had to be refrigerated. No one ever touched it. If they did I would have contacted housing. (You can get termed for stealing food, so I would imagine tampering with someone's medication would get you the same fate)

My suggestion is to be open and honest with your roommates about your condition. Explain what you need to do to treat it and how it affects you. Like I said most people will have no problems. You could also always try to meet roommates on here or on facebook ahead of time. That way you know they will be understanding of your condition and won't need to worry about it as much.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #202
Cicero10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
Most people are human and are understanding of medical issues. I have an autoimmune disease and as a result I really need to sleep 7-8 hours a night. Early on in the program they were really rude and kept me awake late at night because they were so loud. Eventually they calmed down. I also had medication that had to be refrigerated. No one ever touched it. If they did I would have contacted housing. (You can get termed for stealing food, so I would imagine tampering with someone's medication would get you the same fate)

My suggestion is to be open and honest with your roommates about your condition. Explain what you need to do to treat it and how it affects you. Like I said most people will have no problems. You could also always try to meet roommates on here or on facebook ahead of time. That way you know they will be understanding of your condition and won't need to worry about it as much.
It's nice to see that someone can relate to me. Thanks for all the help you've been!
Old 02-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #203
Cicero10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwislife View Post
I have a friend with Cystic Fibrosis so I'm fairly familiar with the treatments! I'm sure that if you explain your situation to potential roommates they will be very understanding. Anyone who isn't probably isn't good roommate material!
That's awesome not to many people know what CF is haha
Old 02-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #204
ruckelc
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know of any acceptances past the few attractions people that went out on Thursday? It seemed like we'd be hearing more people get their letters by now.
ruckelc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #205
mpetras1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckelc
Does anyone know of any acceptances past the few attractions people that went out on Thursday? It seemed like we'd be hearing more people get their letters by now.
Haven't heard anything today... But waiting patiently! (Sort of)
Old 02-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #206
AliSW
\

my interview is Friday and I still don't have my top 3! The roles I put high interest were character attendant, photopass, merchandise, hospitality and bbb. Since bbb is so hard I probably won't pick that but otherwise I'm not sure. character attendant would be so fun but I'm also not that outgoing so I don't know how good I'd be.
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #207
Cicero10
Mouseketeer

How long is the whole process and what is the whole process of becoming an intern for the culinary program?
Old 02-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #208
Cicero10
Mouseketeer

Also, what's the fall advantage and spring advantage? What's different from just the fall and spring? From what I understand, there are fall, fall advantage, spring, and spring advantage, correct?
Old 02-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #209
Time Traveler
the best around

Quote:
Also, what's the fall advantage and spring advantage? What's different from just the fall and spring? From what I understand, there are fall, fall advantage, spring, and spring advantage, correct?
The Fall and Spring advantage programs are longer and include part of the summer.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #210
AnnaChristine
Earning My Ears

Just got pended. Does this kill my chances of getting accepted?
AnnaChristine is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: