Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #151
WDWlover89
Earning My Ears

I have a question and it might sound stupid, but I applied for the spring and failed my WBI. I know I have to wait six months before my results disappear and I can apply again for this season. But my question is, I applied on Sept 6 so does that mean my results will go away on march 6 and I'm good to apply on March 6, or does it take a day or two so I need to wait a few days. I just want to make sure I do it right because this will, more than likely, be my last chance. Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone with your interviews and I hope the waiting goes quickly!
WDWlover89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #152
Hollsey
Finding my laughing place!

Good news! I called Disney yesterday morning and after being on hold for 10 minutes and waiting a couple of extra hours (there was some sort of technical glitch that they couldn't figure out), I finally got the WBI interview, and I passed!

I have to wait until February 25 at 9:45 am (the soonest I could get it), but at least I got the phone interview! I'm so excited!

And did I read people are already getting notified? Ah! So soon! Good luck to everybody while you wait, and good luck to everybody who is preparing to do their phone interviews!
Summer, 1996 ~ All Star Music Resort // Summer 1999 ~ All Star Sports Resort // June 2003 ~ All Star Movies Resort // July 2007 ~ Coronado Springs Resort // June 2010 - January 2011 ~ CP at All Star Music Resort's Intermission Food Court // August 2011 ~ Coronado Springs Resort // December 2011 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge

What happens when a Creative Writing nerd starts a Disney College Program Blog
Hollsey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #153
RCEliot
Earning My Ears

So I had my phone interview on Monday at 9:30pm and I guess it didn't go as well as I thought because by Tuesday at 11pm I had an email telling me that I didn't get in.

Oh well, I still have 3 more years of college to try again.

Que sera sera.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #154
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWlover89 View Post
I have a question and it might sound stupid, but I applied for the spring and failed my WBI. I know I have to wait six months before my results disappear and I can apply again for this season. But my question is, I applied on Sept 6 so does that mean my results will go away on march 6 and I'm good to apply on March 6, or does it take a day or two so I need to wait a few days. I just want to make sure I do it right because this will, more than likely, be my last chance. Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone with your interviews and I hope the waiting goes quickly!
I believe you should be good on March 6th. I might wait until the 7th though just to be on the safe side! Good Luck!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #155
ValiantHeart
Mouseketeer

The only two notifications that people have been getting on Tumblr and Facebook are NLIC and Pending, as far as I can tell.

Butttt, I had my phone interview on Monday at 5, and haven't been pended or NLIC'd yet, so I'm already doing better than last time! (I applied for Spring, was Pended less than 24 hours after my phone interview, and was NLIC'd about nine or ten weeks later, pretty close to the December 19th date they'd told us.) So, needless to say, I'm a little more optimistic this time!
ValiantHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #156
WDWlover89
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count

I believe you should be good on March 6th. I might wait until the 7th though just to be on the safe side! Good Luck!
Thank you! That's kind of what I was thinking, I just wanted to make sure. Good luck to you too!
WDWlover89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #157
BookLover23
Earning My Ears

Just got off the phone with the interviewer!!! Gosh I am freaking out so much right now you would not believe!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! She said 2-3 weeks. 2-3 WEEKS?! I'm gonna lose it everybody. I'm gonna go insane! And you guys have seen notifications already? GAH! *runs to youtube for DL fix* I'm never going to get through this.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:34 PM   #158
candlehead
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookLover23
Just got off the phone with the interviewer!!! Gosh I am freaking out so much right now you would not believe!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! She said 2-3 weeks. 2-3 WEEKS?! I'm gonna lose it everybody. I'm gonna go insane! And you guys have seen notifications already? GAH! *runs to youtube for DL fix* I'm never going to get through this.
you can do it! i believe in you! i mean, i have to wait almost two weeks just to do my phone interview, so i'm kinda jealous you already got yours out of the way. I guess that's what i get for waiting a day to finish my app and then another day to take the wbi and then having to wait a day to schedule the phone interview and so on and so on, lol.

my Disney blog!
candlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #159
BookLover23
Earning My Ears

well, I had already passed the wbi last august but couldn't do the phone interview cause family issues came up this past end of the year so I had a bit more help on my side. I still can't believe that people got interviews last week! I do feel for you though. And I should just be glad the phone interview is over with. I hate talking on phones. In person is so much easier for me, no idea why.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:59 PM   #160
candlehead
Earning My Ears

Quote:
well, I had already passed the wbi last august but couldn't do the phone interview cause family issues came up this past end of the year so I had a bit more help on my side. I still can't believe that people got interviews last week! I do feel for you though. And I should just be glad the phone interview is over with. I hate talking on phones. In person is so much easier for me, no idea why.
ahhhhhh i see! last semester i was REALLY busy with just lots of life and school stuff, too, so busy, in fact, i didn't even find the time to apply. I am really bad at talking on the phone, too, though I'd rather do the interview that way so the interviewer can't see anything weird i do during, haha. not that i intend to do anything weird, but stuff happens.

my Disney blog!
Old 02-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #161
BookLover23
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlehead View Post
ahhhhhh i see! last semester i was REALLY busy with just lots of life and school stuff, too, so busy, in fact, i didn't even find the time to apply. I am really bad at talking on the phone, too, though I'd rather do the interview that way so the interviewer can't see anything weird i do during, haha. not that i intend to do anything weird, but stuff happens.
Yeah this is very true! I was able to pace a little bit and make weird faces while trying not to freak out... :D I just hope the e-mail comes sooner so that I can either tell my family and friends that I got in or get on with my life. To quote and princess-kidnapping-Spaniard "I hate waiting."
Old 02-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #162
jenniy122
Mouseketeer

Did my phone interview last night. I feel like it went much better than my last interview last semester. It was still kind of short though, only 14 minutes. Hopefully that's not a sign or anything. I don't know how I'll stand waiting the next two weeks!
2011 - POP
2014 - POP

my blog

jenniy122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #163
candlehead
Earning My Ears

Quote:
To quote and princess-kidnapping-Spaniard "I hate waiting."
Hmmm I think you and i will be good friends should we get to meet in the fall. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniy122
Did my phone interview last night. I feel like it went much better than my last interview last semester. It was still kind of short though, only 14 minutes. Hopefully that's not a sign or anything. I don't know how I'll stand waiting the next two weeks!
As far as I've seen, that's a pretty average length, I think. But it's great that you feel good about it!

my Disney blog!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #164
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Some acceptances have gone out!! Many people have been accepted for FA Attractions! Hopefully some of us will hear soon!

Ps. Don't stress if you wanted attractions and didn't get it yet! There isn't really a pattern to what roles are offered on what days. People will always try to figure it out but Disney has said on their Blog that there is no pattern!!
Old 02-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #165
jtsagaratos
Earning My Ears

I have a question.

I submitted my application the day it was posted and did the WBI the morning after. I got a phone interview for Monday at 5 (which I thought was late compared to alot of the people on FB). I really want to do the Fall Advantage... like really bad. I have found out that a few FA acceptance have already been issued!! Should I be worried that I haven't even had my phone interview yet?? I am interested in Attractions, Character attendant, and front desk. I'm slightly freaking out. Does my late date hurt me?
jtsagaratos is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: