Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #136
Nensense
Earning My Ears

I'm incredibly excited! I applied yesterday, and received the ability to do the web interview almost immediately after, and then I was told I was a strong candidate and scheduled a phone interview on the 22nd.
Nensense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #137
RCEliot
Earning My Ears

Hi, I'm Rebecca, I'm 18, going to be 19 in March, and I'm in my second semester at Daytona State College. I'm majoring in Creative Writing and minoring in English with a Creative focus.

I'm really jittery and nervous right now because my phone interview is in less than fifteen minutes so please excuse any typos or errors.

These kids with their texting and murder.
RCEliot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #138
candlehead
Earning My Ears

Hey all! My name's Anna, I go to Kalamazoo Valley Community College, and I applied for the third time in my life this weekend. The first two times I applied I got denied, but I'm really really confident about getting in this time! I've grown a lot since the last time I applied. I'm so excited that I got through the WBI this time! My phone interview is scheduled for Sunday the 24th at 4:45 so I have quite a while to practice interview questions and be unneccesarilly nervous about the whole thing. :D

I'd really like to do attractions, but I'm worried I'd be excluded from consideration in that area because I don't have a driver's license. :/ I'm really up for almost all of the roles, so long as I get to work at Disney, since I've dreamed about working for Disney since wayyyyy before I was even in college. The only roles I really don't think I' be fit for would be Lifeguard, Recreations, (I'm not the strongest of swimmers, and both those are described as needing that) and Transportation (because of the no-license dealie).

Good look to everyone, I hope to see you all this fall! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollsey

I bet I've read my email 15 times and the only links go to my dash. I tried calling, but they aren't available until 8:30 am and I have a quiz at 9:30. Did the WBI take up the entire 40 minutes? I won't get a break long enough to take it until 12:30, and if they sent the email originally at 11, I'm worried!

I appreciate everybody's help! This is way more stressful than it was 3 years ago!
Ahhh that sounds so distressing! I would get up early and call them ASAP to explain the situation. I wonder why they only gave you 24 hours for it the WBI; I got three days, and that confuses me. Have you possibly taken it in the last 6 months? I think the answers carry over and maybe you don't have to take it? I'm just trying to guess things and be helpful, sorry if that's not at all.

my Disney blog!
candlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #139
Hollsey
Finding my laughing place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlehead View Post
Ahhh that sounds so distressing! I would get up early and call them ASAP to explain the situation. I wonder why they only gave you 24 hours for it the WBI; I got three days, and that confuses me. Have you possibly taken it in the last 6 months? I think the answers carry over and maybe you don't have to take it? I'm just trying to guess things and be helpful, sorry if that's not at all.
Oh! You're fine! I haven't taken the WBI in 3 years since I applied last (And got in, so it did work). I applied for the program right before that, in August 2009 for the Spring 2010 program, and actually failed the WBI which caused for a little bit of an IT headache when I went to apply for the Fall 2010 program. But that was something that was fixed through email and not a timely matter at all. I'm just so confused as to why I would get an email saying I only had 24 hours to take the WBI, and if I didn't take it within that time frame then it would be assumed I wasn't interested anymore, especially since I'm an alumnus. And why would I get an email but no link anywhere to the WBI?

My sisters seem to think I should just email my professor and let him know of the situation. He seems like a really reasonable guy, but I hate trying to pick between school and Disney, especially when it's for the only class I need to graduate.

Have people heard of this happening? Or am I a crazy case?
Summer, 1996 ~ All Star Music Resort // Summer 1999 ~ All Star Sports Resort // June 2003 ~ All Star Movies Resort // July 2007 ~ Coronado Springs Resort // June 2010 - January 2011 ~ CP at All Star Music Resort's Intermission Food Court // August 2011 ~ Coronado Springs Resort // December 2011 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge

What happens when a Creative Writing nerd starts a Disney College Program Blog
Hollsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #140
Cherrieboom
Earning My Ears

Just wondering, how much time do you have on the first day to settle in? I live out in Utah so it would be a too far of a drive for my old car so I was just going to fly. I won't be bringing anyone to help me so I'm just a little worried.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #141
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrieboom View Post
Just wondering, how much time do you have on the first day to settle in? I live out in Utah so it would be a too far of a drive for my old car so I was just going to fly. I won't be bringing anyone to help me so I'm just a little worried.
There is a lot of time to settle in during your first day. Depending on how many people are in line ahead of you at check-in you'll have time to at the very least drop your luggage off in your room before heading to casting. If you're not on the first bus to casting then you'll have maybe an hour or two to unpack your luggage. After casting you'll likely have a housing meeting at some point in the afternoon so again here is more time, at least another hour or two, to set things up. After the housing meeting the rest of the day is yours to do whatever. It should be plenty of time to make your bed hang clothes in the closet or whatever you need to do. If you can, catch a ride to walmart or target with someone who has a car because after a day like check in day, you really don't want to try to fight all of the new arrivals on the J bus on their way to walmart.
leeg229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #142
AnnaChristine
Earning My Ears

So I did my phone interview on Sunday, and I was just wondering if there is a possibility that I will hear from them before two weeks? I'm very anxious to hear! haha! For all of you people that have done it already, how long did you have to wait until you heard if you got in after the phone interview??
AnnaChristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #143
AnnaChristine
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrieboom View Post
Hello everyone! My name is Christine and I am going to a community college in Salt Lake City, Utah. I am a freshman majoring in elementary education and minoring in sociology.

When I filled out my application I put High interest for almost all of the jobs because I'm willing to do anything they need me to do but my top 3 are hopper, attractions and full service food and beverage.

Was that a bad idea to put high interest for most of the jobs?
Hi Christine! I'm Rexburg, Idaho, so we're kind of neighbors! it's not bad to put high interest for most jobs. At least when I had my phone interview, she told me that no matter what rank of interest you put on the roles, you were going to get considered to every one equally (except the ones you put no interest in.). Which I thought was a little weird, considering I freaked myself out as well when I was deciding how high to rank things. Haha!
AnnaChristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #144
AliSW
\

I wish I had known that! Then I would've put more no interest haha if they give me custodial I'll be pissed. It's a great role but I had it for 9 months I don't want it again haha.
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #145
misscpround2
Earning My Ears

just because you are in that role doesn't mean you can't pick up shifts on the hub. for example I worked housekeeping last time and I picked up holiday parties, screaming fan shifts like all the time.
misscpround2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #146
cagirl4life
with just a little bit of pixie dust.... you can FLY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaChristine
So I did my phone interview on Sunday, and I was just wondering if there is a possibility that I will hear from them before two weeks? I'm very anxious to hear! haha! For all of you people that have done it already, how long did you have to wait until you heard if you got in after the phone interview??
Some people on the Facebook page are starting to get notifications. Last night pending went out and today accepted went out as far as I can tell.

DL: to many times to count
WDW: July 1998 (Off Site); February 2006 (CBR); April 2006 (AS Sports); February 2007 (ASM); February 2008 (ASM); April 2008 (CBR); June 2008 (SSR); January 2010 (AS Sports)
cagirl4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #147
cagirl4life
with just a little bit of pixie dust.... you can FLY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollsey

Oh! You're fine! I haven't taken the WBI in 3 years since I applied last (And got in, so it did work). I applied for the program right before that, in August 2009 for the Spring 2010 program, and actually failed the WBI which caused for a little bit of an IT headache when I went to apply for the Fall 2010 program. But that was something that was fixed through email and not a timely matter at all. I'm just so confused as to why I would get an email saying I only had 24 hours to take the WBI, and if I didn't take it within that time frame then it would be assumed I wasn't interested anymore, especially since I'm an alumnus. And why would I get an email but no link anywhere to the WBI?

My sisters seem to think I should just email my professor and let him know of the situation. He seems like a really reasonable guy, but I hate trying to pick between school and Disney, especially when it's for the only class I need to graduate.

Have people heard of this happening? Or am I a crazy case?
That is weird. Especially the 24 hour thing cause I am pretty sure it is 3 days. I would call and see if you can get an extension because of what happened so you can still go to class and then take the WBI later.

DL: to many times to count
WDW: July 1998 (Off Site); February 2006 (CBR); April 2006 (AS Sports); February 2007 (ASM); February 2008 (ASM); April 2008 (CBR); June 2008 (SSR); January 2010 (AS Sports)
cagirl4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #148
ruckelc
Earning My Ears

Mine still says in progress. Does that mean pending or does it mean that I just need to relax and wait until I get a real answer?
ruckelc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #149
lost_n_the_clouds
StitchFanatic

When I made my appointment the other day I was going to make it for the earliest I could..they had Wed but i'm class all day so was going to make it Thursday but had to check a few things to make sure i'd be home..so went back an hr later..and all was left fri,sat,sun...I knew I wouldt be home Saturday and all was left for friday was early or 10pm haha so went to sunday but kept popping an error when I tried to sumbit a sunday one..so settled with early Friday morning...but soooo excited!! I have so much college stuff this week but all I can think is...my interview is friday lol...can only imagine how it will be when i'm waiting for a descison...

Ahh ok..back to writing a paper due Friday..bleh :P
Old 02-12-2013, 07:06 PM   #150
lego606
Mouseketeer

I just did my phone interview today, but no "Thanks for Interviewing, wait 2-3 weeks, bla bla bla" email yet
lego606 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: