Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
cindy17
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 273

CP Eligibility question

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but if you graduate from college in May 2014, are you eligible to apply for the CP for summer 2014 and Fall 2014? I know you have your "last chance" to apply for PIs summer 2014 and fall 2014. Just wondering about CP. thanks! My son was wondering if he could simultaneously apply for both CP and PI.
__________________
1989: offsite
March 1997: offsite - Summerfield Suites
November 1999: Dixies Landings
June 2001: Disneyland
August 2002: CSR
August 2004: Ft. Wilderness Cabins
November 2004: CSR - SSW!
August 2005: offsite/ASMo
November 2007: CBR - SSW!
August 2009: Ft. Wilderness Cabins
August 2012: Ft. Wilderness Cabins
October 2012: Ft. Wilderness Cabins
June/July 2014: Disneyland
cindy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
Wishes Count
I Make the Magic! CP 2010
 
Wishes Count's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 777

Yes. He will apply for all these programs in Jan/Feb of 2014. If he really wants a PI he SHOULD apply for the CP and accept it if he is offered. Then if he gets a PI he can take that instead. If he is not offered a PI he can do the CP and still be eligible to apply for the next round of applications which open in Aug/Sept
__________________
Wishes Count is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
cindy17
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
Yes. He will apply for all these programs in Jan/Feb of 2014. If he really wants a PI he SHOULD apply for the CP and accept it if he is offered. Then if he gets a PI he can take that instead. If he is not offered a PI he can do the CP and still be eligible to apply for the next round of applications which open in Aug/Sept
Thanks for your response, Kate! As a follow-up, he is new to applying for CP. Has only applied for PIs, specifically engineering PIs in the past. He never considered CP because there really isn't anything "engineering focused", except possibly Attractions. He would not be interested really in anything else. He's only thinking about applying to CP at all because it could give him a better shot at a PI, and being that he would already have graduated, it wouldn't interfere with his school schedule. At what point in the CP application process can he request that he wants Attractions only. The interview stage or when he applies? Is this even possible? Thx!
__________________
1989: offsite
March 1997: offsite - Summerfield Suites
November 1999: Dixies Landings
June 2001: Disneyland
August 2002: CSR
August 2004: Ft. Wilderness Cabins
November 2004: CSR - SSW!
August 2005: offsite/ASMo
November 2007: CBR - SSW!
August 2009: Ft. Wilderness Cabins
August 2012: Ft. Wilderness Cabins
October 2012: Ft. Wilderness Cabins
June/July 2014: Disneyland
cindy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #4
Wishes Count
I Make the Magic! CP 2010
 
Wishes Count's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 777

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy17 View Post

Thanks for your response, Kate! As a follow-up, he is new to applying for CP. Has only applied for PIs, specifically engineering PIs in the past. He never considered CP because there really isn't anything "engineering focused", except possibly Attractions. He would not be interested really in anything else. He's only thinking about applying to CP at all because it could give him a better shot at a PI, and being that he would already have graduated, it wouldn't interfere with his school schedule. At what point in the CP application process can he request that he wants Attractions only. The interview stage or when he applies? Is this even possible? Thx!
He can indicate his interest in specific jobs during the application. During the phone interview he would be asked to rank his choices. I will say that it is often said to choose multiple roles. Sure being a lifeguard, selling ice cream or cleaning restrooms isn't related to being an imagineer but every role on the CP gives you a chance to learn about the culture of the company, it's values and history. Also there are opportunities to network and learn how to get to where you want to be. I would suggest he consider some additional roles he would be willing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Wishes Count is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
cindy17
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
He can indicate his interest in specific jobs during the application. During the phone interview he would be asked to rank his choices. I will say that it is often said to choose multiple roles. Sure being a lifeguard, selling ice cream or cleaning restrooms isn't related to being an imagineer but every role on the CP gives you a chance to learn about the culture of the company, it's values and history. Also there are opportunities to network and learn how to get to where you want to be. I would suggest he consider some additional roles he would be willing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Great advice! thanks Kate
__________________
1989: offsite
March 1997: offsite - Summerfield Suites
November 1999: Dixies Landings
June 2001: Disneyland
August 2002: CSR
August 2004: Ft. Wilderness Cabins
November 2004: CSR - SSW!
August 2005: offsite/ASMo
November 2007: CBR - SSW!
August 2009: Ft. Wilderness Cabins
August 2012: Ft. Wilderness Cabins
October 2012: Ft. Wilderness Cabins
June/July 2014: Disneyland
cindy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.