Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #256
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallienicole View Post
Thank you for posting this wonderful trip report. It totally made my PDD (Post Disney Depression) even worse! Arruugghh I've always had this impression that the Ploy was kinda outdated and didn't really want to stay there (we are Beach Club people) but now I actually really, really, really want to stay at the Poly next time! I'm so glad you had a magical trip!

LOL! Sorry about your PDD! I know that feeling for sure! I don't know whether to say "I'm sorry" or "you're welcome" for helping propel you into more trip planning!! LOL !!!

I read all kinds of those negatives that some people say about the Poly being dark, outdated, etc, so while I loved the Poly grounds from our previous visits, I definitely went into our first stay with an open mind on how the room was actually going to be. I obviously ended up thinking our room was GREAT, but I could also understand why some people complain about them as well. While our two rooms at YC and Poly were quite similar, it's hard to compare them because they are SO different.. YC seemed clean/bright. Poly was sort of rustic/tropical. However, I don't personally think the "dark" decor makes the Poly less quality. It all comes down to everybody's own personal taste. I thoroughly enjoy everything about the tropical/tiki decor, so that cancelled out that the bathroom was not exactly the brightest place to put makeup on...

Thanks so much for reading & commenting
Old 02-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #257
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Just loved reading your TR! So sad that it is all over but look forward to reading about your trip in 2015.

Poor Tyler, how awful to get sick on the way home. I am sure that by the time you are ready to go back he will be ready, it's still pretty early and I am sure traumatic but hopefully will be forgotten and seem less horrible over time.

It would be nice to go on an adults only trip though. However my DH dislikes Disney only goes cause I drag him there. When we go in 2014 it will be my last trip for a long time cause he is refusing to go back till we vacation at other places. I am okay with going other places but I just love Disney so much that it will be depressing not to go back for awhile.

Anyway sorry that was I loved all your pictures and hope you have a great time scrapbooking all your memories.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #258
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo0569 View Post
I loved reading your TR, you say the same thing that I do, especially to my kids...."It's not goodbye, It's 'see you later'!

Are you going to post any of your scrapbook pages?

Ok... you talked me into it. I will post some scrapbook photos here tonight !!!!

Last edited by lvjen777; 02-22-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #259
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
Poor baby I hope he felt better the nest day. Thanks flr letting me go with you as you relived this great trip. BTW did they ever raise the shower heads at the Poly? Last time we stayed there my poor five four self just barely fit under it.

Oh that's right, I forgot to mention about the showerheads! After the original showerhead question, I made sure to tell DBF during our trip that we needed to thoroughly assess the shower situation so I can report back here~ ( He doesn't even question my strange Disney missions anymore, LOL!! )

Anyways, I am 5'6 & DBF is 6'1 . They were low, but we thought they were no lower than we always seem to get at most hotels. Personally , we weren't annoyed with them at all because the pressure & settings were really good, which to us is always important. Not sure if any of this is even helpful to anybody at all, but there you have it... LOL.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #260
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracer9977 View Post
Just loved reading your TR! So sad that it is all over but look forward to reading about your trip in 2015.

Poor Tyler, how awful to get sick on the way home. I am sure that by the time you are ready to go back he will be ready, it's still pretty early and I am sure traumatic but hopefully will be forgotten and seem less horrible over time.

It would be nice to go on an adults only trip though. However my DH dislikes Disney only goes cause I drag him there. When we go in 2014 it will be my last trip for a long time cause he is refusing to go back till we vacation at other places. I am okay with going other places but I just love Disney so much that it will be depressing not to go back for awhile.

Anyway sorry that was I loved all your pictures and hope you have a great time scrapbooking all your memories.
Like you, I'm also thinking that hopefully time will erase those bad memories, too !!

That's actually pretty funny what you say about your DH. At home last night we were talking about future vacations , and how DBF really wants to do an Alaska cruise "someday". To which (of course) I replied, "you know Disney goes there". To which HE replied, "does EVERY vacation have to be Disney, you know there are tons of 'OTHER PLACES' out there" . And I said, WHAT exactly are all these 'OTHER PLACES' you keep speaking of ??!

Thanks for following along, it's been lots of fun chatting with you!
Old 02-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #261
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

I just read your entire trip report this morning (the kids had a snow day so what was I to do while they slept in? Dis of course!) We have only stayed in the value resorts but I am loving your choice of resorts! I thought they were both beautiful! I would love to take pictures of the lighted walkway.I always have my camera in hand I loved all of your pictures. I can't believe what you encountered at Chef Mickey's. I think that would have done me in! Leaving the lanyard and PP+ at the hotel would so be us. There is always something like that occuring on our trips although it's mostly backtracking trying to figure out how to get places. We just rode the boat for the first time last summer and we loved it! Definately alot less croweded.

So sorry your son had such a rough ride home. That had to be tough for him. I hope his Ipod and earbuds recovered and he felt better once he was home.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #262
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
You handled your son's sickness very well. I would not have been such a champ.

If you visit the POFQ FAQ thread, you will see that there are quite a few people have posted that they are "converts" from deluxe resorts, particularly Poly. Every time I read someone posting that, I tell myself that I really don't need to experience the deluxe resorts, however, if I ever won a trip, I certainly won't object.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us.

Thank you for reading !! Yes, we sure were spoiled on those Deluxes this time! And we were definitely happy to be able to experience TWO different Deluxes, since we knew we'd probably never go for that kind of trip out-of-pocket ! I've read so many places that once you go Deluxe, it can really ruin you to ever go back down to Mods/Values. Even though I obviously love the Poly dearly, I'm not sure what we will actually do when we really start pricing out our "next trip"... That's why I really wanted to tour POR this time. I'm quite sure we will NEVER see a Poly room with a TP view again.... sooo expensive!! However, then again, the transportation with the Deluxes is such a bonus for us, especially for DBF who can get a little cranky as the days/miles of our trip wear on. So we may end up trying for a good discount and going Deluxe as cheap as we can. OBVIOUSLY I will need more research... MUCH more research... before our next rip. HA HA!!! The addiction continues!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #263
lurkernj
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! It has been great to read along.

I can't believe your son threw up on the plane. The smell often sets off others nearby, so that's awesome that you were able to contain it

Sadly, I can totally sympathize about the disney/real life transition.

When I returned home from my last trip (after a very stressful last day in disney), we had issues at the carpark facility, then had a trip to med-emerge for a sprained finger, trip to dentist for a tooth infection(which resulted in tooth getting pulled), and my dog couldn't walk (severe arthritis from lymes apparently), so off to the vet, all in a matter of 5 days! It truly took me two weeks to decompress from my trip and return week.

Somehow we recover and start planning the next trip

All the makings of a Disaster, Sept 2012

Split stay: Yacht Club/Pop Oct 1-Oct 8 DH/me
Art of Animation - April 2013 BFF trip
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 23-30, 2012 (Group trip)
Port Orleans Resort - Dec 10-15, 2010 (BFF trip)
POP Century - Sept 12-18, 2009 (Me and DS11)
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 2-12, 2008 (Group trip)
Old 02-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #264
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaittoseemickey View Post
I just read your entire trip report this morning (the kids had a snow day so what was I to do while they slept in? Dis of course!) We have only stayed in the value resorts but I am loving your choice of resorts! I thought they were both beautiful! I would love to take pictures of the lighted walkway.I always have my camera in hand I loved all of your pictures. I can't believe what you encountered at Chef Mickey's. I think that would have done me in! Leaving the lanyard and PP+ at the hotel would so be us. There is always something like that occuring on our trips although it's mostly backtracking trying to figure out how to get places. We just rode the boat for the first time last summer and we loved it! Definately alot less croweded.

So sorry your son had such a rough ride home. That had to be tough for him. I hope his Ipod and earbuds recovered and he felt better once he was home.

Thanks for reading & commenting!! Yes, he felt lots better the next day. I ended up throwing out the ear buds, because during "damage control" mode on the plane I just couldn't deal with it all & started tossing everything that was "soiled". Well... everything except the iPOD and kid !!! LOL!!
Old 02-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #265
lledman
DIS Veteran

thanks soo much for sharing your trip report - congrats on your big win and sorry it had a sucky ending for your DS and dog.
May 2011 with the in-laws
January 2012 - no husbands allowed

Best Friends Take on the World - October 2012 PTR

Old 02-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #266
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo0569 View Post

Are you going to post any of your scrapbook pages?

Here's a little of what I've started so far.....

With this trip album, I'm trying for the first time the "Project Life" system, which is a simplified way of scrapbooking using pocket pages and journaling cards.

I'm thinking I should be able to whip this puppy together in no time flat

I will be doing some "traditional" scrapbooking though as well, adding a few 12x12 pages here and there, so I can use bigger prints of my favorite photos, as well as some of my zillions of Disney embellishments.

These envelopes are great for keeping all my prize letters in.

Here's my first page where I talk about how I won:

"The Group" likes to share funny Disney little things back and forth on our Facebook page,
so I've included some of my favorites that I've printed out over the last year.

Some of our travel memorabilia:

Here starts Day One & Two at the Yacht Club.

our Stormalong Bay photos:

These little 6x12 pages are what I'm using for all my journaling. I'm including my day-to-day trip report that I wrote here.

SO, that's as far as I've gotten! I'm really excited to get this scrapbook put together !!
Old 02-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #267
itsmeamanda
Mouseketeer

I love your trip report! Thank you so much for taking the time to share!

I had to comment when I saw your scrapbook pages. I love Becky's Project Life! It really works well with your Disney pictures and memorabilia. I'm on the PL design team, and can't wait to use it to scrap our upcoming (first) Disney trip!

Also, you might want to check these out: The designers are working on more cards, I believe:

http://the-lilypad.com/store/Project...-1-Basics.html
http://the-lilypad.com/store/Project...pto-Magic.html

I can't wait to see your traditional scrapbook pages from your trip! I'm planning on using a Studio Calico handbook with the smaller protectors for our trip. I like the smaller size, but the handbooks are thick, so you can still fit plenty into them.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #268
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Love the scrapbook pages you have completed so far. They look awesome!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #269
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeamanda View Post
I love your trip report! Thank you so much for taking the time to share!

I had to comment when I saw your scrapbook pages. I love Becky's Project Life! It really works well with your Disney pictures and memorabilia. I'm on the PL design team, and can't wait to use it to scrap our upcoming (first) Disney trip!

Also, you might want to check these out: The designers are working on more cards, I believe:

http://the-lilypad.com/store/Project...-1-Basics.html
http://the-lilypad.com/store/Project...pto-Magic.html

I can't wait to see your traditional scrapbook pages from your trip! I'm planning on using a Studio Calico handbook with the smaller protectors for our trip. I like the smaller size, but the handbooks are thick, so you can still fit plenty into them.

Ok... I just DIED when I looked at those links!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing those!!! They are exactly what I've been hoping to find !!! I already have two complete Disney albums, and this will be my third. LOL.

I have followed Becky for YEARS, and have enjoyed watching PL evolve. How amazing that you're on the team... wow! After suggesting PL to so many of my friends who are eternally trying to catch up on their scrapbooking, I'm really excited to try it out myself . The system really does work great with all the little Disney keepsakes I always bring home!

Thank you so much for commenting! You totally just made my day!!!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #270
itsmeamanda
Mouseketeer

Yay! I thought you'd love them! Check here for freebies from the two designers. I love the Silhouette cards! Both designers have two sets of freebies, so be sure to scroll down.

http://sahlinstudio.com/category/blog/
http://*************************.com/

And here's my little 'ol blog in case you're interested. I've not done any Disney layouts yet (can't WAIT!).

**********hundredsixtyfivedaysofus.blogspot.com

Now I've just got to decide if PP or PP+ is worth it for us!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: