Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 10:57 PM   #151
Gantu
Oh,,,,,blitznac!

Hope the rest of your trip was amazing and you made it home safe!

11/09 WL ~ 5/11 SSW POP ~ 8/12 Disneyland / DCA
5/31-6/9/13 AOA- YC - POR

Trip to come!!!! I really won a trip to Disney World!
Old 01-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #152
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

Day One - 1/19 - Our Arrival !!

As many of you know, the transition back to the real world after a Disney trip is usually a little rough! Ours was particularly rough, with a not-so-fun plane ride & not exactly the most magical set of circumstances on our return home. However I guess Im getting ahead of myself ...

Ill start with the beginning: Day One - Our Arrival !

Welcome to my official One More Disney Day trip report!

I didnt sleep much that night (not like it much mattered, since my alarm was set to go off at 3am to get ready to leave for the airport).

My mind was definitely Disney-fried. I had been having so many Disney nightmares the last couple nights before we left..

First I dreamt we tried to fly out on the wrong day.

Then I dreamt we got all the way there, went to check in and they didnt have our reservation anywhere.

I think definitely need a vacation!!

So our plane was scheduled to leave Vegas at 6am, and we would be switching planes in Atlanta. The flights were pretty uneventful, however during the last leg Tyler decides he has a bad tummy ache & is hunched over of course right during the buckle your seatbelts and dont get up portion of our flight. Theres not much to do in a situation like that, but thankfully we were only in the air 1 hour for that one & we manage to pull him through it. phew!

(Note to my Future Self - if you thought that was stressful, puleeze! just wait until the return flight&.)

Our flights made great time & we somehow arrived a little ahead of schedule! We arrive at the Magical Express area & wait no more than 2 minutes (love Magical Express) ! Looks like luck is still on our side...

The weather is pretty nice - it's cloudy, but temps are in the mid-70's. We arrive at the Yacht Club around 2:30. Beautiful. Everyone in the lobby is really helpful & friendly.

We go to check in & Im so happy to see that me and my reservation indeed exist in the computer! They say they I have a package waiting for me & they go to retrieve it.

I open up our package: It contains our two gift cards & Our four 5-day park hoppers. We are so glad everything seems to be going just as planned.

We will be staying here at the YC for two nights, before switching to the Poly. CM says we are getting a first floor water view room.. First floor? I think that sounds great! We get our park tickets added to our KTTW cards & then head over to check out our room....

Our room #1081 was really close to the lobby & because we had a first floor room, it was really nice to not have to deal with any elevators or stairs. This room was in a great location!!

my very first towel Mickey ever

I open up the drapes and ..

This view is just wonderful!

Looking from the outside.. our room is there on the left :

Here's our patio:

We are close by the wedding gazebo, with a nice view of the dock & lighthouse.

This resort is so beautiful. I'm so excited to go explore and take more photos!!!!

We found a handy entry/exit door just at the end of our hallway, which was very convenient coming and going.

We were starving, so we head out in search of some lunch...

Last edited by lvjen777; 01-29-2013 at 11:43 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 11:37 PM   #153
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

Hooray, you've started!

I'm sorry about the travel drama - hopefully it wasn't too bad?

Can't wait to hear more!

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
Old 01-29-2013, 11:41 PM   #154
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

Day One (part two)

We set out for our very first lunch at Beaches and Cream.

On the way we briefly checked out what Tyler’s been looking forward to for so long-- Stormalong Bay !

Upon arriving at B&C, we are seated up front at the counter. Tyler really loved watching them assemble all those crazy Kitchen Sinks. We had a really great waiter, Brian. He was so funny! When he asked where we were from, and we said “Vegas”, he got this far-away twinkly look in his eye… “Ah, Vegas, I was just there last summer..”

He said Vegas is a popular vacation spot for many CM‘s, so they can get a break from all the “magicalness” - and head to the exact opposite kind of place for some “adult” time. Something about Disney life not always being all rainbows and unicorns all the time. He was totally cracking us up!!! As our trip went on, we often got that same exact Vegas reaction from quite a few CM’s.. ha ha

After our meal, we explored the resort a little on the way over to take the bridge across to the Boardwalk.

At the Boardwalk, we watched a couple of the street performers, which were great. Tyler loved the magicians.

Despite only about 3 hours of sleep, I’m still feeling pretty good - I’m still wound up on Disney excitement!! Tyler, on the other hand is exhausted & not feeling my sense of adventure for tonight, so we return to the room. He is out in no time flat.

Sleeping? There’s not sleeping in Disneyworld!!

This is when I really appreciated having that first floor patio... While he was sleeping I wandered around right outside our room, took a few more photos, and then just sat for a bit watching the world go by, before finally going to bed to get rested up for our first day in the parks!!
Old 01-30-2013, 04:06 AM   #155
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Awesome start but I am scared to hear about the trip home !

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club

Old 01-30-2013, 06:06 AM   #156
cherokeemamma
DIS Veteran

Great start! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

The resort pictures are great! Love Beaches and Cream! Did you try the 'No Way Jose'? YUM!

TTFN,
Darlene

Check out my first trip report: The Hill Family's Surprise Vacation(w/ a ton of pics):
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1234215
Old 01-30-2013, 06:37 AM   #157
lurkernj
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited to hear about your report! I keep playing this current contest in hopes of getting a free trip since I can't go on one that I have to pay for this year, so I'll just have to live vicariously through you.

Incidentally, DH and I got back from Vegas last week, and we did NOT win any money for me to put in my Disney fund, but we did have a great relaxing time

The Yacht club looks beautiful, and I love the first floor room, I'll have to remember that if I ever get there (Yacht club and AKL are on top of my list, if I ever get to go deluxe).

Sounds like a nice stress free first day Can't wait to hear the rest!

I Can't BELIEEEEVE I Did This!!!! An Oct 2014 Pre-trip report

All the makings of a Disaster, Sept 2012

Split stay: Yacht Club/Pop Oct 1-Oct 8 DH/me
Art of Animation - April 2013 BFF trip
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 23-30, 2012 (Group trip)
Port Orleans Resort - Dec 10-15, 2010 (BFF trip)
POP Century - Sept 12-18, 2009 (Me and DS11)
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 2-12, 2008 (Group trip)
Old 01-30-2013, 06:50 AM   #158
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Sorry the trip home was a nightmare, but those pictures of the Yacht Club are amazing...making me so excited to be staying there in August. Can't wait to hear more!

Old 01-30-2013, 07:58 AM   #159
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Oh I am so glad that you started the TR. I cant wait to hear more about it. Not so excited to here about your fligt hom though

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 01-30-2013, 08:19 AM   #160
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

You take great pics! I'm enjoying reading this first little taste of your trip. I think I would have liked that room very much. Great location. Was this trip just the two of you?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #161
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkernj View Post
I'm so excited to hear about your report! I keep playing this current contest in hopes of getting a free trip since I can't go on one that I have to pay for this year, so I'll just have to live vicariously through you.

Incidentally, DH and I got back from Vegas last week, and we did NOT win any money for me to put in my Disney fund, but we did have a great relaxing time

The Yacht club looks beautiful, and I love the first floor room, I'll have to remember that if I ever get there (Yacht club and AKL are on top of my list, if I ever get to go deluxe).

Sounds like a nice stress free first day Can't wait to hear the rest!

I'm glad you had a great time in Vegas & bummer you didn't have some Disney winnings...

Relaxing vacation? What's that? I think I should try that sometime!!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #162
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
You take great pics! I'm enjoying reading this first little taste of your trip. I think I would have liked that room very much. Great location. Was this trip just the two of you?
Thanks for reading along!

I love taking photos, and I took FAR too many while on this trip. Now it's taking me forever to sort through them for this TR!

There were three of us actually, with DBF included. I obviously need to be more detailed with my writing , LOL.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #163
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeemamma View Post
Great start! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

The resort pictures are great! Love Beaches and Cream! Did you try the 'No Way Jose'? YUM!

TTFN,
Darlene

Unfortunately we didn't.. It looked so good though! There were so many tempting things on that menu!! We just had plain ol' ice cream there this time.. Our problem is we got too full after eating our meal. If we had stayed there longer, we would've gotten our priorities more straight -- share a meal & focus on the dessert!!!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #164
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

I am so glad I found this report (again)! I thought I lost you! I could not remember what the report was titled and I just spent about half an hour searching for you! Please keep it coming! We are staying at the BC for the first time in November and just seeing your pictures is making me so much more excited. If that's at all possible! How awesome to win that trip!

Old 01-30-2013, 06:30 PM   #165
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
I am so glad I found this report (again)! I thought I lost you! I could not remember what the report was titled and I just spent about half an hour searching for you! Please keep it coming! We are staying at the BC for the first time in November and just seeing your pictures is making me so much more excited. If that's at all possible! How awesome to win that trip!

wow, you win the official award for being my most dedicated reader!!

Thanks for searching me out again !

I'm sure you will enjoy your stay at the BC , it sure is a beautiful place !! I will have more photos of the resort to share on my next post!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: