Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
MrsTiggerFanNTX
Earning My Ears

Flowers, and Ducks, and Food, OH MY! 10 Days kid free at the World!

New here and deciding to try my very first trip report! Hope you all enjoy and will get first post of the trip up here soon! I have enjoyed reading many on here, so bear with me through doing my first.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
JLVermillion
Food & Wine Festival 2009

Can not wait to read and see the pictures. We will be going down May 3
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
MrsTiggerFanNTX
Earning My Ears

Day 1 Magic Kingdom

Hello, I am Dondi and my husband is Alan, We have five kids between the two of us, but this trip was set up for just the two of us. We got engaged at Caribbean Beach and are both HUGE Disney addicts.  So we booked the trip up months ahead of time, got Grandma to come live in our house for the 10 days and started packing. Now every time we go, I get so excited I start packing and re-packing over a month before we leave. Yet, no matter how many time I do this I always forget something.. It NEVER fails! This trip it was the hairbrush.. Go figure!
Old 03-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #4
MrsTiggerFanNTX
Earning My Ears

Trying to get to my 10 posts so I can add my pictures in my posts. Sorry
Old 03-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #5
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

I am in, can't wait to see you photos.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #6
MrsTiggerFanNTX
Earning My Ears

Second try for post.. lol

Well that didn't work. Sorry

Last edited by MrsTiggerFanNTX; 03-20-2013 at 10:50 AM. Reason: pictures didnt work
Old 03-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #7
MrsTiggerFanNTX
Earning My Ears

Magic Kingdom

Hello, I am Dondi and my husband is Alan, We have five kids between the two of us, but this trip was set up for just the two of us. We got engaged at Caribbean Beach and are both HUGE Disney addicts.  So we booked the trip up months ahead of time, got Grandma to come live in our house for the 10 days and started packing. Now every time we go, I get so excited I start packing and re-packing over a month before we leave. Yet, no matter how many time I do this I always forget something.. It NEVER fails!
So March 1 finally makes it here, I have bags all packed with all we will need (Or so I believe). Get kids to school, pack up car and Alan offers that we could go to airport early and see if we can fly stand-by. Its 11:00 am at this point and our original flight departs at 6:55 pm. Airports have all kinds of restaurants so I am gung-ho to go. ( I didnít eat breakfast in all the hustle and b ustle of I WANNA GO NOW! Lol)
We get into the airport by about 12:30 and are told we can get onto the 1:35 flight! We are so excited so we start a running to get to the different gate in time. Bags checked, through security, seated on plane, Florida is just a few hours away! Only one problem, we didnít have time for that lunch in the airport I had planned on. Who needs food when Disney is just a short ride away! So we say goodbye to Texas with wheels up and smiles all around! We land early, get to Magical express bus. Well, our Cruise Line bus.
This day just keeps getting better! We check in and get our Anniversary Buttons and my Birthday Button. We had not thought about really getting to Disney World in time to go see a park but all the Disney magic is just in our favor this day! I choose Magic Kingdom to go to since when we were here in October 2012, none of the New Fantasyland stuff was open yet. Im in the mood for going under the sea!!
Luck has is that when we get to the Magic Kingdom the Main Street Electrical Parade has just started. By now my big butt is starving! I want to make it to Caseyís Corner for some corn dog nuggets! It has been 24 hours since my last meal at this point. We are stuck waiting for the cross path to open up between floats when something happens that neither of us have seen before.. The yellow caterpillar in the parade has broken down, he is just sitting there and holding up the whole thing. I took some pictures since I was so surprised. Lucky for the poor little caterpillar, his savior tow guy comes to the rescue and hooks him up to tow him the rest of the parade route.

While we waited I got a few more pictures of the parade while it sat still.

Finally cross path opens up and we head to Caseyís. We order corn dog nuggets each, share a fry order, and a drink. Oh and donít forget the cheese that makes it all just wonderful!

Bellies full, we head towards Ariel. We figure it will be the best tme to ride since almost everyone in the park is lining up for Wishes. We were right, there was only a 15 minute wait. Only bad part was we didnít get to help the crabs and Scuttle. We will do the wait with the kids next time. This ride was just amazing! I have been a fan of the Little Mermaid since I was a little girl and this ride delivered everything I was expecting of it!

Its been a long day.. this is me being me
This is my hunny

Once we rode it, we decided we could just head back to the Wilderness Lodge for the night. We have an early morning with EMH at Hollywood Studos. No way I was going to miss Midway Mania!

So once we got back to the room, we decided we were a little hungry still. In October we had ordered the Private Dining pizza at Bay Lake Tower, and it was awesome! So tonight we decide to order a pepperoni pizza and tea for two.
Our pizza comes in its awesome Disney box with the tea. Disney has the best tea! Pizza pics

Hollywood Studios EMH tomorrow!
Old 03-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #8
TiggerFanNTX
Earning My Ears

Subscribing She forgot to mention it was COLD
Old 03-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #9
SMWfamily
Stinkerbell

Kid free? We had four days Kid free and I was literally in heaven... missed the kiddos but wow, what a different world Disney is as an adult. Love your pics.

Our JULY 2013 Montage - Turn it up!!
7/9/13-7/14/13 Roasting our *** off at Silver Lake Resort. 7/14-7/17 Bonnet Creek
5/12 Four GLORIOUS days at Contempo. Kid free. (conference)
3/11 Food and Wine Festival (one day)
3/10 CBR - first time staying on property!
Our 2010 Montage - the kids were so little!
New! Convention TR 2012 - Now With More Zombie Flesh!
Old 03-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #10
ness0905
Mouseketeer

Me and my DH are going in September for our 10 year anniv. The last time we went just us was our honeymoon leaving 2 kids home and am sooo excited so looking forward to this report
Old 03-31-2013, 10:11 AM   #11
MrsTiggerFanNTX
Earning My Ears

Day 2 am HS

After an early rise we head to HS. Midway Mania here we come! We got in line about 7:30. We of course have to go to the paper lines, not the RFID lines. At about 7:45 they start letting people in. We get asked to come over to the RFID side are inside the park in no time!! How nice of them! As we walked towards Midway Mania, characters were out with practically no lines. I just cant resist. 
Stitch must have found somethingÖ
As we walked away from Donald and Daisy, I was goosed by Donald. It scared me and I gasped and almost screamed. Was a character greet I wont forget!
Now done with all the characters out, we get back on track. The wait says 35 minutes so we hop right in line. We both just love this ride, and usually end up quite competitive about it. I never bore with the decorations in the queue. We get our glasses and a cast member asks how many, we ssay two and from here he sends up the fastpass side saying Happy Birthday to me. This day is just getting luckier and luckier. 35 minutes down to 17. So we ride and I win! I think hubby was being nice since it was my birthday trip. Either way I was good with the win!
Our next stop was The Legend of Jack Sparrow. I am a HUGE fan of Jack Sparrow! (or just Johnny Depp) The whole experience was pretty cool and the hologram of Jack was AMAZING!! Almost could swear Johnny Depp was right there in the room with us! Since he was a hologram, my pictures didnít come out very good. Next time I will try again.
We run over to The Great Movie Ride, no wait. Then head over to the Animation Building to meet Wreck It Ralph and Vanelope Von Sweet. The queue for this was too cute! my husband is a huge Halo fan so we got a kick out of this one! Ralph noticed we had on anniversary buttons and he started doing an adorable happy dance. We looked though some art I wished I owned then headed to try the Símores at 50ís Prime Time. We just sat at the bar. We ordered a MowieWowie and Símores. These were SO good! Dessert before lunch, its Disney so it works! Off to Sci-Fi for lunch. It was still a bit early so we went to watch Muppetvision 3D. There was actually a line. I had never seen this side of the building before.
Back to Sci-FiÖ We got a pretty good car. I had not eaten here before and was blown away by it. We ordered a buffalo chicken bite appetizer and split the ribs. The fries were the best on property I thought.
After lunch we had to stop by Starring Roles to check out the cupcakes. We got a Red Velvet cupcake to take back to our room for later.
As we were leaving the park, we came across Holden Hollywood. I wanted my portrait done. I sit and he studies me for a bit then he starts drawing.. he is so serious, as good artists are. The finished product of my portrait was just uncanny donít you think?
Now back to room to grab pills, put up cupcake and later head to Animal Kingdom to experience it after dark.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #12
MrsTiggerFanNTX
Earning My Ears

So after the morning and lunch at the Studios we decide to spend our evening at Animal Kingdom. I have read that it is just a beautiful place after dark, and this week we lucked out into hours until 8 pm this night. So after going to hotel to get hubbyís medications and regrouping ourselves, we finally arrive at Animal Kingdom at 3:10 pm. On our way to the Safari (which is always my first stop here, I am a animal LOVER!), we get stuck by the Jammin Jungle Parade. But we are stuck so far back you couldnít see anything but the tops of the floats.

Finally the parade ended so I am back on my mission to see the animals. By the way, I miss saving the animals.. I miss WilsonÖ. But at least the radio still works! Just as we get into Africa, I can see the safari entrance, its so close.. Dang, side tracked again, the street band was out and one guy was playing the tiniest saxophone I had ever seen. Our oldest plays sax so we listen a bit and take pictures.

Track back on.. Wait was 35 minutes, thatís easyÖ We get on and I have my camera ready, as soon as I turn it on the battery flashes red and it turns off.. On the inside I start the ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?! yell. I happened to get a few pictures, would cheat and take picture then camera would shut off. Which is a good thing because the chertahs were up and moving around.

As were the lions, especially the male. I have NEVER seen him on all four feet! So I revert back to a 5 year old sooo excited at seeing this!

Im so lucky hubby is used to me getting child-like over the animals!
Ok I calm down and we head to planet watch to see if any animals are being worked on. Last trip, we got to see a golden tamarind monkey get gas. She was so mad, then so calm. But this trip, no such luck. But on the train ride, we did get to see baby rhino.

We do see Rafiki, so I opt for a pic, dragging hubby with me. Now after the pic Rafiki made a monkey noise in my ear, I scream bloody murder and jump and make a total fool of myself. I was so scared for a split second. Then reality hits, and I realize that everyone here just saw me scream and jump away from a person in a monkey costume for no reason, they couldnít hear the noise. Hubby is red in the face from laughing at me so hard! Im just grateful no pics of this were taken. :D

We start to get hungry so we go to Yak and Yeti. They take us right to a table! Lucky lucky!! So I ordered the Dim Sum basket appetizer as my meal with a side of chicken fried rice. He ordered the wonton soup and a side of chicken fried rice.

And we ordered the wontons we hear such wonderful things about. And they were wonderful.. So wonderful we only got this picture

Ever been to a Asian restaurant and both had the same fortune, we havenít til now!

Very full and ready to get out of the chill, we head towards the exit. Just walking through the park is magical at night, I am glad we did it. The different lighting on all of the plants completely changes the park. Feels like a whole new park. We ran onto a line free Dug and Russell. We take pictures with them and one of the Tree of Life at night. Cant wait to go back with my new camera!

Now back to room, park is closing early enough to watch a movie in the room. I pick Dumbo and we dig into the red velvet cupcake from earlier purchase. Tomorrow morning is Epcot EMH..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: