Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
jaylensmom
Mouseketeer

Hotel Suggestion???

Iím playing to go to Disney the first week in June for 7 daysÖitís my first time so I want to stay on Disney propertyÖI think my son would love it. So hereís my dilemmaÖmy parents and my sister are both coming. Iíve been looking into 2 bedroom villas or deluxe resorts since they have 2 queen beds (we would get 2 rooms). Iíve been looking at Animal Kingdom but Iíve read that itís really out of the way and I donít plan on renting a car. Since my parents are going I was thinking about maybe a monorail resort since my dad always complains about his knees. Iím so new to all this that itís a little overwhelming trying to figure this out. Any suggestions?
jaylensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Just an FYI, of the the Port Orleans (Riverside and French Quarter) resorts have queen beds and so does Coronado Springs. All 3 of them are moderates and would be less $$ than any of the deluxes.

Animal Kingdom Lodge is kind of out of the way, but it is served by the Disney Buses. It truly is a one of kind resort though. No need for a rental car to get anywhere on WDW property. If you stay at a deluxe or a moderate, there are covered benches for your father to sit on if you have to wait for a bus. 99% of the bus rides I've taken, I've been able to have a seat.

With this being your first stay, I would look at 2 rooms at a moderate. No reason to break the bank on your first trip. I would start looking at the different resort threads to get a good idea about each one.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #3
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

We just priced Wilderness Lodge with the current June promotion. It is just shy over what we are spending at POR FQ in October so we are going to switch and gamble that a discount comes out. We stopped there for brekfast in June and was awed by the resort and cannot wait to take the boat to MK and monorail to EPCOT.
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
CDolacki2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: