Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
cincyfab
Earning My Ears

Decided on Bonnet Creek - questions

We are staying 3/1-3/9 with 2 and 4 year old who loooove to swim. What building should we request? (I know this isn't guaranteed)

There's a 1 and 2bd available. The 2 bd is $60 more. Would you go with the 1 or 2 bedroom?

Any other tips to have a great stay?!

Any
cincyfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
SYDCOLEMOM
Mouseketeer

personally if I was traveling with 2 small children I would probably go with the 2 bedroom. We only have one child and she is 9 so the sofa sleeper was fine for her. We have stayed in tower 4. It had a nice size pool and just a few feet from an entrance to one of the lazy rivers. You cant go wrong with any tower you will be just a short walk to any of the pools etc. We visited a different pool every day but ended up liking our pool / lazy river the best. Have fun !!!

Last edited by SYDCOLEMOM; 01-22-2013 at 08:21 AM.
SYDCOLEMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #3
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyfab View Post
We are staying 3/1-3/9 with 2 and 4 year old who loooove to swim. What building should we request? (I know this isn't guaranteed)

There's a 1 and 2bd available. The 2 bd is $60 more. Would you go with the 1 or 2 bedroom?

Any other tips to have a great stay?!

Any
I'd go with the 2 bedroom. The majority of the units at this resort are 2 bedrooms, so you will have a better chance of getting what you want location/view and possibly upgraded if you have a 2 bedroom.

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #4
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

We've always considered a 1BR to be an unnecessary sacrifice for my family of four. Having the living room dedicated to night owls/early birds is worth a lot more than $60 to me.

As for location for swimming---the resort is relatively compact, and there are pools everywhere. I'm not sure it matters all that much.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
lissies98
Earning My Ears

We've stayed their. I think both times were on tower 5. It's a beautiful place to stay!! Parking is a nightmare after you come back from the parks. They do not have enough spaces for all of their guests. We have been in several arguments over this. My advice.... Use their park transportation so you aren't driving in circles waiting to find a spot. The other downfall is that this is a timeshare hotel so they will try to sell one to you if you aren't a timeshare holder already.... Kind of pushy.
The two bedrooms are really nice pretty spacious washer/dryer, granite, 2 bathrooms, blah blah but ask for a lazy river view if not you will be looking at a sea of cars (I was mad about that) hope this helps!!!
lissies98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind

tower 5. the entrence to the zero entry pool is right by the main doors. perfect for new swimmers to play in and move into deeper water on their own terms.

With only 4 people and 2 of them being small kids, the sofa bed will be fine. just get the 1 bedroom.
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #7
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

I would pick a 2 bedroom for the extra space. When they go to sleep, you can close their door, and use the living roo mand kitchen without disturbing them. In a 1 bedroom they would either sleep on the master and you sleep in the pull out or they stay in the pull out which is located in the living room if I remember correctly. We stayed in building 5 and liked it. We had the lazy river right at our building with a zero point entry and the building on either side have a regular pool.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #8
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Just wanted you to know that with you kiddos being so young, the second bedroom is not right next door to the master. I dont know if they will be comfortable being farther away from you and in a strange place. The sofabed would be right outside the master in the den area.
I would prefer more space with a 2BR, but my kids at that age would be freaked out in a strange place and far from the master. Just wanted to give you a heads up in case that is a factor.
I would also agree that tower 5 would be a great tower. Parking can be a challenge, but we always found a spot...just had to circle a time or two. Bus service is not good, IMHO, and I wouldnt take it unless you had to. I took it one day and never again
Here is a link to BC floor plans, so you can see exactly where the bedrooms are located.
http://www.freewebs.com/crpnightowl/bonnetcreek.htm
scroll down and they are towards the bottom
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!

Last edited by blessedby3; 01-22-2013 at 08:10 PM.
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote