Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 01:31 AM   #1471
Gantu
Oh,,,,,blitznac!

I got a phone call first. I'm pretty sure the other did too.

Good luck everyone!

I'm super excited to hear from the Disney planner soon!

11/09 WL ~ 5/11 SSW POP ~ 8/12 Disneyland / DCA
5/31-6/9/13 AOA- YC - POR

Trip to come!!!! I really won a trip to Disney World!
Gantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:44 AM   #1472
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearfish View Post
Just found this thread. So I guess I am number 4. We won a couple of weeks ago. We were planning on going in December already so our vacation just got a lot longer!
Congratulations!!!! I'm late in my wishes because I've been sick and not gotten on the computer except to enter the contest each day. So happy for you, though! We went in December last year and in 2010 and loved both times...2010 the second week and 2012 the first week. You'll love the decorations and the atmosphere is just super charged! Take the time to do the Candlelight processional and hear all the story tellers in World Showcase tell about Christmas in their country. I'm getting excited for you!!!!

Good luck everyone...there is still hope!
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 05:47 AM   #1473
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantu View Post

Good luck everyone!

You have been such a great sport, continuing to come on here and encourage the rest of us hopefuls! Thanks so much. I just noticed you're from Ohio, don't know why that slipped by me before. What part of Ohio, if you don't mind saying? I live near the Akron area.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #1474
Jnic
Earning My Ears

Hey all!

We stumbled across this post while searching google and have been lurking for the past week, reading through all the pages (My gf will share this account). It's been amazing to read all the excitement and stories shared by past winners.

My family has never had the opportunity to go on a vacation, just too busy with day to day life, and honestly the thought has never really crossed my mind until fairly recently. We started to think about going to Disney World this summer and so while looking up information on possibilities, I happened to stumble onto the sweepstakes.

Considering that it's a sweepstakes for Disney, I mean comon, there has to be at-least 10 thousand or more people playing per day. Atleast one can always dream though!

Which is why I was really surprised when I was actually awoken by my girlfriend telling me that I had a call from you know who!

That was about a week ago, and since then, I've already signed and sent back the forms, and have been confirmed a winner!

We hope to go on our trip in July (kids summer) and will likely fly down, stay a few nights in a off location hotel for a few days so we can visit Universal studios, maybe a segway tour (always wanted to ride one) and a few other events before doing our stay at Disney (likely stay a extra night, I heard if we book with the planner that well get a great discount?).

We will be staying around on the forums, digging out all the info we can about Disney World. I can tell already that it's going to be a looong 5 months, but it's been a amazing experience so far!

So I guess that makes us number 5?

We wish everyone best of luck!
Jnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #1475
BabyCrazyKCmommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnic View Post
Hey all!

We stumbled across this post while searching google and have been lurking for the past week, reading through all the pages (My gf will share this account). It's been amazing to read all the excitement and stories shared by past winners.

My family has never had the opportunity to go on a vacation, just too busy with day to day life, and honestly the thought has never really crossed my mind until fairly recently. We started to think about going to Disney World this summer and so while looking up information on possibilities, I happened to stumble onto the sweepstakes.

Considering that it's a sweepstakes for Disney, I mean comon, there has to be at-least 10 thousand or more people playing per day. Atleast one can always dream though!

Which is why I was really surprised when I was actually awoken by my girlfriend telling me that I had a call from you know who!

That was about a week ago, and since then, I've already signed and sent back the forms, and have been confirmed a winner!

We hope to go on our trip in July (kids summer) and will likely fly down, stay a few nights in a off location hotel for a few days so we can visit Universal studios, maybe a segway tour (always wanted to ride one) and a few other events before doing our stay at Disney (likely stay a extra night, I heard if we book with the planner that well get a great discount?).

We will be staying around on the forums, digging out all the info we can about Disney World. I can tell already that it's going to be a looong 5 months, but it's been a amazing experience so far!

Congrats Jnic,
What day did you win it for?
BabyCrazyKCmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #1476
sullins5
alias the 'disneychick'

Quote:
Hey all!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You will SOOOO love your trip to Disney!! There's lot's of info on the Dis' so just 'jump on in', and everyone loves to help!

A couple of thoughts for you...

Did you know you can do a Segway tour in Epcot? GREAT, GREAT fun! And you can still stay at the resorts and still get to Universal (by way of a shuttle you can book). We stayed onsite last year and went to Universal 2 days. And, lol, NO, I'm not a Disney rep.
There's just lots of helps on here, so have a great time planning for your magical trip!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #1477
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

ok, so it looks like 2 of the 5 winners on here are from Ohio... maybe we're a lucky state and there's hope for me yet...

One sure can dream....
Old 01-29-2013, 08:28 AM   #1478
sescobar1521
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hey all!

CONGRATS!!!! I'm soooo very excited for you! I hope you and your family have a magical time!
sescobar1521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #1479
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey all!

Congratulations! What a wonderful vacation you will have!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:54 AM   #1480
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantu View Post

Good luck everyone!

what area code is the # calling you? I was in the shower the other night and the phone rang...area code 407 they didn't leave a message!

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!
loveysbydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #1481
Stitchfans
Tres Charming
I cry at a drop of a hat
55 scares me
Can you dip the shortbread in chocolate?
*~*The T.F*~*
let the stupidity begin!

Still entering every day but kind of giving up hope since it is so close to the end. Like said, there is too many people entering so my chances is very slim. It was fun hoping and dreaming. To those who did win. Have fun!! Congrats!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:20 AM   #1482
keltiesmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnic
Hey all!

Congratulations! It's great to hear of another winner.
keltiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #1483
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltiesmom

Congratulations! It's great to hear of another winner.
Fabulous! Have fun!!!
meajuly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #1484
ARIELvsURSULA
Mouseketeer

Congrats on your win! I'm holding out hope I might be an alternate winner or something and maybe I just wont be notified for a while. You never know
ARIELvsURSULA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:39 AM   #1485
finny1981
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hey all!

Super exciting Congrtats. You are the second Disney First timer. I just think it would be so exciting to win your first Disney trip. You will be hooked!!!

'09 Off Site 6 days-----------------------------'10 Coronado Springs 6 days
'11 Cabins at Fort Wilderness 10 days-----------'12 Off site for JBQ Nationals 2 days with youngest 2
September '15 Caribbean Beach! 8 days
finny1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: