Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #1036
kirbyx5
Mouseketeer

Airfaire

Yea if Airfaire wasnt included we would have went to DL because we could afford 5 round trip tickets!!
kirbyx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #1037
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Congrats to Gantu and Kirby! Hoping for some pixie dust for the rest of us. We need more Dis winners!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #1038
hibricc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracydeech View Post
So then if your hubby was chosen for the 5th- which is a Saturday and they didn't contact you until the 8th. Seems to me they are running a bit behind in announcing the winners?

Anyways- so happy to hear of another winner!!
If by "announcing" you mean "contacting", then they're right on schedule. According to the Official Rules:

Administrator will conduct a Daily Drawing on or about three (3) business days after the applicable Day in order to select the potential winner of each Daily Sweepstakes.

In fact, the rules go on to say that On or about one (1) business day after each Daily Drawing, each potential winner will be notified via email or phone, as appropriate.

So four business days after the 5th would have been the 10th; Kirby was notified on the 8th. It just took her a week to find us here on the DIS.
hibricc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #1039
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyx5 View Post
Ok so here is what happened! I have been entering myself and my husband every day starting on the first. On the 8th I sat up in bed in the am and said "crap I forgot to enter yesterday. So I was bummed but headed out to start my day. I went to the grocery store and while unloading kiddos my phone rang. It was a 212 area code and I didnt recognize the number so I just ignored it! Ok here is the kicker in my head I thought "how awesome would it be if we won the diney trip hahahaha". So I went inside the store and when I got to Starbucks and ordered my coffee my phone beeped that I had a message. It was Ventura looking for my husband. SO in the middle of the grocery store I am shaking and call her back! She then sent an email with all the info and a fedex label to ship it back. We had to fill it out and it had to be notorized. We wonly have 5 days to do this or else we forfitted the trip. We sent it back the same day lol. We then recieved a call where she said all of our paperwork checked out and we did win! We then had to pick which park and the prize package. We picked WDW and the Big thrills outside of the park. They did not ask which hotel or dates yet! We got a email congrats letter today saying a disney trip coordinator would contact us in Feb! Hope that answered all of your questions!
Congrats
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #1040
audrey2580
DIS Veteran

Kirby congrats and welcome! Oh my yes go with the Poly, your boys will LOVE the volcano themed pool :-)
audrey2580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #1041
mhnewcomb
Mouseketeer

I've been checking this post almost constantly, except today...got home to see five new pages of posts, and I just KNEW we had another win!

Congrats, kirby!!

mhnewcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #1042
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay dis-ladies and men!! I joined these boards this week to get helpful hints and tips for our upcoming trip that we won!!!! My husband was chosed for the Jan 5th drawing!! We have never been to WDW before and are super excited to take our 3 boys!! Any hints from past winners would be greatly appreciated!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting that this will be your family's first trip to Walt Disney World!

Don't hesitate to ask any questions while you're trying to figure out your plans =)
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #1043
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Everyone!! We are super excited! We live in Oregon so we are really happy to be going to Florida. I have been looking at the resorts and think the poly. What do you all think?? We have 3 boys and right now they are 12, 9, and 8. I want to push the trip out far enough so we could (maybe??) add a few days. I am nervous about the cost (big surprise) but not worried enough to not take the trip lol!! If they let us pick the dates I will do Jan or Feb 2014. Any thoughts/hints/tips/must dos I would love!!
YES TO THE POLYNESIAN!!!

Sorry for the all caps, but that is so high on my list of WDW resorts where I want to stay. It's gorgeous, close to the Magic Kingdom and has some fantastic restaurants.

January and February each have pros/cons. Pros - very low crowds, lower room rates will help with the eventual cost of taxes. Cons - because it's a slower time of year, it's more likely there will be rides closed for refurbishments (but it's usually not too many), and you'll have to pack additional clothes to dress in layers since it can be very warm during the day and chilly at night.

I'm actually heading to WDW in 10 days, so I can take some pictures of the crowd levels while I'm there to give you an idea of what to expect.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #1044
la_la
Mouseketeer

Congrats to the 2 DIS Winners!! Hoping there are more!

Family trips:
Nov 2009 *POP Century*May 2012 *POP Century* SWWMay 2013 *POP Century* SWWJan 2014 *All Star SPORTS*Nov 2014*Offsite*MVMCP

Sailing on the High Seas, Disney Style of course!
April 2014 Disney Magic
la_la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #1045
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay dis-ladies and men!! I joined these boards this week to get helpful hints and tips for our upcoming trip that we won!!!! My husband was chosed for the Jan 5th drawing!! We have never been to WDW before and are super excited to take our 3 boys!! Any hints from past winners would be greatly appreciated!
Congratulations! Oh my goodness, you are going to have so much fun. What are your sons' ages?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #1046
Disneyfamily77
Earning My Ears

Congratulations to both Gantu and Kirbyx5 Can't wait to hear about your trips!

Happy Planning!!!
Disneyfamily77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #1047
rabbruzzetti
Earning My Ears

Congrats Kirby!!! I bet your boys will love the Poly. I have never stayed there myself but I have visited the hotel a few times. They will love the volcano pool. I have also heard you have an excellent view of Magic Kindoms fireworks from the beach there!!

Disneyworld 1984 Fort Wilderness Campground
Disneyworld 1990 Off Property
Disneyworld 1994 Fort Wilderness Campground
Disneyworld 2000 FortWilderness Campground/Contemp
Disney Land 2005 Day Trip DisneyLand 2007 DayTrip Disney Land 2009 Day Trip
Disneyworld Sept 2012 Fort Wilderness
Disneyworld Nov 2013 Pop Century
Disney Land Aug 2014 Paradise Pier Disney Land Half Marathon!
rabbruzzetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #1048
hibricc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks Everyone!! We are super excited! We live in Oregon so we are really happy to be going to Florida. I have been looking at the resorts and think the poly. What do you all think?? We have 3 boys and right now they are 12, 9, and 8. I want to push the trip out far enough so we could (maybe??) add a few days. I am nervous about the cost (big surprise) but not worried enough to not take the trip lol!! If they let us pick the dates I will do Jan or Feb 2014. Any thoughts/hints/tips/must dos I would love!!
Congrats, Kirby! We've all been daydreaming about where we would stay if we won, but many of us have never actually stayed at a Deluxe, only visited. But check out this article for a subjective (and two-plus-year-old) review of all the WDW Deluxe hotels...
hibricc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #1049
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post

January and February each have pros/cons. Pros - very low crowds, lower room rates will help with the eventual cost of taxes. Cons - because it's a .
note that the week of President's day in feb. is actually one of the most crowded weeks of the year.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
TJDisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #1050
pixiedixie862
Earning My Ears

I've never won anything ever... I just wanna win this.... *crosses fingers and toes*
pixiedixie862 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: