Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #1021
DisneyNutMary
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyNutMary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,624

Congrats Kirbyx5!!!

My faith is renewed that we all have a chance. Good luck DISers, lets see some more winners.
__________________
~Mary
DisneyNutMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #1022
tracydeech
Mouseketeer
 
tracydeech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 194

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyx5
Okay dis-ladies and men!! I joined these boards this week to get helpful hints and tips for our upcoming trip that we won!!!! My husband was chosed for the Jan 5th drawing!! We have never been to WDW before and are super excited to take our 3 boys!! Any hints from past winners would be greatly appreciated!
Wow!!!! Congratulations!!!! That's awesome news for everyone following this thread! Haha
tracydeech is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #1023
Allieran3
Live in my magical Disney bubble with Grumpy and a teenager!!!
 
Allieran3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lehighton Pa
Posts: 515

Congrats Kirbyx5 oh and Welcome to the DisFamily
__________________
Just returned from a wonderful 10 day Disney Dream Vacation
Allieran3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #1024
finny1981
Mouseketeer
 
finny1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyx5 View Post
Okay dis-ladies and men!! I joined these boards this week to get helpful hints and tips for our upcoming trip that we won!!!! My husband was chosed for the Jan 5th drawing!! We have never been to WDW before and are super excited to take our 3 boys!! Any hints from past winners would be greatly appreciated!
Congrats. How exciting and to have it be a first trip that is soooo magical. I hope you have a wonderful time. If you need any planning help let us know
__________________
Me DH DD - 16 DS - 15 DS - 14 DD - 10



'09 Off Site 6 days-----------------------------'10 Coronado Springs 6 days
'11 Cabins at Fort Wilderness 10 days-----------'12 Off site for JBQ Nationals 2 days with youngest 2
September '15 Caribbean Beach! 8 days
finny1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #1025
kjkkbray
Earning My Ears
 
kjkkbray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyx5 View Post
Ok so here is what happened! I have been entering myself and my husband every day starting on the first. On the 8th I sat up in bed in the am and said "crap I forgot to enter yesterday. So I was bummed but headed out to start my day. I went to the grocery store and while unloading kiddos my phone rang. It was a 212 area code and I didnt recognize the number so I just ignored it! Ok here is the kicker in my head I thought "how awesome would it be if we won the diney trip hahahaha". So I went inside the store and when I got to Starbucks and ordered my coffee my phone beeped that I had a message. It was Ventura looking for my husband. SO in the middle of the grocery store I am shaking and call her back! She then sent an email with all the info and a fedex label to ship it back. We had to fill it out and it had to be notorized. We wonly have 5 days to do this or else we forfitted the trip. We sent it back the same day lol. We then recieved a call where she said all of our paperwork checked out and we did win! We then had to pick which park and the prize package. We picked WDW and the Big thrills outside of the park. They did not ask which hotel or dates yet! We got a email congrats letter today saying a disney trip coordinator would contact us in Feb! Hope that answered all of your questions!


Wow! Congrats hope you will enjoy your 1st trip to Disney.
__________________
DISNEY WORLD TRIP PLANNED FOR FEB 2013




kjkkbray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #1026
tracydeech
Mouseketeer
 
tracydeech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 194

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyx5
Okay dis-ladies and men!! I joined these boards this week to get helpful hints and tips for our upcoming trip that we won!!!! My husband was chosed for the Jan 5th drawing!! We have never been to WDW before and are super excited to take our 3 boys!! Any hints from past winners would be greatly appreciated!
So then if your hubby was chosen for the 5th- which is a Saturday and they didn't contact you until the 8th. Seems to me they are running a bit behind in announcing the winners?

Anyways- so happy to hear of another winner!!
tracydeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #1027
kirbyx5
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The Beautiful Columbia Gorge!
Posts: 100

Thanks!!

Thanks Everyone!! We are super excited! We live in Oregon so we are really happy to be going to Florida. I have been looking at the resorts and think the poly. What do you all think?? We have 3 boys and right now they are 12, 9, and 8. I want to push the trip out far enough so we could (maybe??) add a few days. I am nervous about the cost (big surprise) but not worried enough to not take the trip lol!! If they let us pick the dates I will do Jan or Feb 2014. Any thoughts/hints/tips/must dos I would love!!
kirbyx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #1028
204charity
DIS Veteran
 
204charity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 770

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyx5 View Post
Okay dis-ladies and men!! I joined these boards this week to get helpful hints and tips for our upcoming trip that we won!!!! My husband was chosed for the Jan 5th drawing!! We have never been to WDW before and are super excited to take our 3 boys!! Any hints from past winners would be greatly appreciated!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
__________________
May, 1991 - The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
January, 2009 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
December, 2010 - Barcelo Maya Tropical, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
November, 2014 - Paradisus La Esmeralda, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR


204charity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #1029
Utenaleina
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 6

Congratulations kirbyx5!!!!
__________________
MeDHDS (12)DS (9)
First visit - June 2012 WDW Pop Century
Utenaleina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #1030
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,020

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyx5 View Post
Thanks Everyone!! We are super excited! We live in Oregon so we are really happy to be going to Florida. I have been looking at the resorts and think the poly. What do you all think?? We have 3 boys and right now they are 12, 9, and 8. I want to push the trip out far enough so we could (maybe??) add a few days. I am nervous about the cost (big surprise) but not worried enough to not take the trip lol!! If they let us pick the dates I will do Jan or Feb 2014. Any thoughts/hints/tips/must dos I would love!!
If you looking at Jan or Feb 2014 make sure you know the dates of the Disney World Marathon Weekend (Jan) and the Disney World Princess Half Marathon (Feb) You will have extra crowd that week
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #1031
chimilady
DIS Veteran
 
chimilady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: America's Birthplace
Posts: 1,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyx5 View Post
Thanks Everyone!! We are super excited! We live in Oregon so we are really happy to be going to Florida. I have been looking at the resorts and think the poly. What do you all think?? We have 3 boys and right now they are 12, 9, and 8. I want to push the trip out far enough so we could (maybe??) add a few days. I am nervous about the cost (big surprise) but not worried enough to not take the trip lol!! If they let us pick the dates I will do Jan or Feb 2014. Any thoughts/hints/tips/must dos I would love!!
I would do the Poly or Contemporary. You're going to have so much fun! Congrats!
chimilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #1032
taigirl87
Resident Pixie Duster
 
taigirl87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 801

Congrats kirbyx5!!!!! that's so exciting! you will LOVE WDW! it's my favorite place in the world!
__________________
Me: 26 DH: 25
Fall '09 Merchandise
Spring '10 Main Street Ops
taigirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:09 PM   #1033
kasedroz
Mouseketeer
 
kasedroz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgetown, KY
Posts: 194

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyx5
Ok so here is what happened! I have been entering myself and my husband every day starting on the first. On the 8th I sat up in bed in the am and said "crap I forgot to enter yesterday. So I was bummed but headed out to start my day. I went to the grocery store and while unloading kiddos my phone rang. It was a 212 area code and I didnt recognize the number so I just ignored it! Ok here is the kicker in my head I thought "how awesome would it be if we won the diney trip hahahaha". So I went inside the store and when I got to Starbucks and ordered my coffee my phone beeped that I had a message. It was Ventura looking for my husband. SO in the middle of the grocery store I am shaking and call her back! She then sent an email with all the info and a fedex label to ship it back. We had to fill it out and it had to be notorized. We wonly have 5 days to do this or else we forfitted the trip. We sent it back the same day lol. We then recieved a call where she said all of our paperwork checked out and we did win! We then had to pick which park and the prize package. We picked WDW and the Big thrills outside of the park. They did not ask which hotel or dates yet! We got a email congrats letter today saying a disney trip coordinator would contact us in Feb! Hope that answered all of your questions!
Congrats Kirby! WDW is awesome. And good luck keeping it a surprise. We returned home Dec 23 rd from our trip and I kept it a secret the whole time. My girls weren't told til we got to the airport! They were very excited!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________



kasedroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #1034
johnkrusinski
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 59

The trip does include air fare right?
johnkrusinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #1035
Utenaleina
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkrusinski View Post
The trip does include air fare right?
Yes
__________________
MeDHDS (12)DS (9)
First visit - June 2012 WDW Pop Century
Utenaleina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: