Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #1021
DisneyNutMary
DIS Veteran

Congrats Kirbyx5!!!

My faith is renewed that we all have a chance. Good luck DISers, lets see some more winners.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #1022
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyx5
Okay dis-ladies and men!! I joined these boards this week to get helpful hints and tips for our upcoming trip that we won!!!! My husband was chosed for the Jan 5th drawing!! We have never been to WDW before and are super excited to take our 3 boys!! Any hints from past winners would be greatly appreciated!
Wow!!!! Congratulations!!!! That's awesome news for everyone following this thread! Haha
tracydeech is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #1023
Allieran3
Live in my magical Disney bubble with Grumpy and a teenager!!!

Congrats Kirbyx5 oh and Welcome to the DisFamily
Old 01-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #1024
finny1981
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyx5 View Post
Okay dis-ladies and men!! I joined these boards this week to get helpful hints and tips for our upcoming trip that we won!!!! My husband was chosed for the Jan 5th drawing!! We have never been to WDW before and are super excited to take our 3 boys!! Any hints from past winners would be greatly appreciated!
Congrats. How exciting and to have it be a first trip that is soooo magical. I hope you have a wonderful time. If you need any planning help let us know

'09 Off Site 6 days-----------------------------'10 Coronado Springs 6 days
'11 Cabins at Fort Wilderness 10 days-----------'12 Off site for JBQ Nationals 2 days with youngest 2
September '15 Caribbean Beach! 8 days
finny1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #1025
kjkkbray
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Ok so here is what happened! I have been entering myself and my husband every day starting on the first. On the 8th I sat up in bed in the am and said "crap I forgot to enter yesterday. So I was bummed but headed out to start my day. I went to the grocery store and while unloading kiddos my phone rang. It was a 212 area code and I didnt recognize the number so I just ignored it! Ok here is the kicker in my head I thought "how awesome would it be if we won the diney trip hahahaha". So I went inside the store and when I got to Starbucks and ordered my coffee my phone beeped that I had a message. It was Ventura looking for my husband. SO in the middle of the grocery store I am shaking and call her back! She then sent an email with all the info and a fedex label to ship it back. We had to fill it out and it had to be notorized. We wonly have 5 days to do this or else we forfitted the trip. We sent it back the same day lol. We then recieved a call where she said all of our paperwork checked out and we did win! We then had to pick which park and the prize package. We picked WDW and the Big thrills outside of the park. They did not ask which hotel or dates yet! We got a email congrats letter today saying a disney trip coordinator would contact us in Feb! Hope that answered all of your questions!

Wow! Congrats hope you will enjoy your 1st trip to Disney.

kjkkbray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #1026
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So then if your hubby was chosen for the 5th- which is a Saturday and they didn't contact you until the 8th. Seems to me they are running a bit behind in announcing the winners?

Anyways- so happy to hear of another winner!!
tracydeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #1027
kirbyx5
Mouseketeer

Thanks!!

Thanks Everyone!! We are super excited! We live in Oregon so we are really happy to be going to Florida. I have been looking at the resorts and think the poly. What do you all think?? We have 3 boys and right now they are 12, 9, and 8. I want to push the trip out far enough so we could (maybe??) add a few days. I am nervous about the cost (big surprise) but not worried enough to not take the trip lol!! If they let us pick the dates I will do Jan or Feb 2014. Any thoughts/hints/tips/must dos I would love!!
kirbyx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #1028
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
November, 2014 - Paradisus La Esmeralda, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR

204charity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #1029
Utenaleina
Earning My Ears

Congratulations kirbyx5!!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #1030
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Everyone!! We are super excited! We live in Oregon so we are really happy to be going to Florida. I have been looking at the resorts and think the poly. What do you all think?? We have 3 boys and right now they are 12, 9, and 8. I want to push the trip out far enough so we could (maybe??) add a few days. I am nervous about the cost (big surprise) but not worried enough to not take the trip lol!! If they let us pick the dates I will do Jan or Feb 2014. Any thoughts/hints/tips/must dos I would love!!
If you looking at Jan or Feb 2014 make sure you know the dates of the Disney World Marathon Weekend (Jan) and the Disney World Princess Half Marathon (Feb) You will have extra crowd that week
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #1031
chimilady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would do the Poly or Contemporary. You're going to have so much fun! Congrats!
chimilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #1032
taigirl87
Resident Pixie Duster

Congrats kirbyx5!!!!! that's so exciting! you will LOVE WDW! it's my favorite place in the world!
taigirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:09 PM   #1033
kasedroz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ok so here is what happened! I have been entering myself and my husband every day starting on the first. On the 8th I sat up in bed in the am and said "crap I forgot to enter yesterday. So I was bummed but headed out to start my day. I went to the grocery store and while unloading kiddos my phone rang. It was a 212 area code and I didnt recognize the number so I just ignored it! Ok here is the kicker in my head I thought "how awesome would it be if we won the diney trip hahahaha". So I went inside the store and when I got to Starbucks and ordered my coffee my phone beeped that I had a message. It was Ventura looking for my husband. SO in the middle of the grocery store I am shaking and call her back! She then sent an email with all the info and a fedex label to ship it back. We had to fill it out and it had to be notorized. We wonly have 5 days to do this or else we forfitted the trip. We sent it back the same day lol. We then recieved a call where she said all of our paperwork checked out and we did win! We then had to pick which park and the prize package. We picked WDW and the Big thrills outside of the park. They did not ask which hotel or dates yet! We got a email congrats letter today saying a disney trip coordinator would contact us in Feb! Hope that answered all of your questions!
Congrats Kirby! WDW is awesome. And good luck keeping it a surprise. We returned home Dec 23 rd from our trip and I kept it a secret the whole time. My girls weren't told til we got to the airport! They were very excited!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

kasedroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #1034
johnkrusinski
Earning My Ears

The trip does include air fare right?
johnkrusinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #1035
Utenaleina
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkrusinski View Post