Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #961
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

I too am surprised there aren't more Dis winners?! I guess we are oly half way through the month....hopefully there will be an influx at the end!
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #962
SwimBikeRun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristen72 View Post
I haven't seen the contest advertised at all except the New Years Eve original announcement. Now between work, kids, long commute, and my home business I admit I don't get out much! But I don't exactly live under a rock either and I still haven't seen it.

I admit I'm disappointed in only one Dis winner. The contest is basically halfway over as of today. I hope the Dis luck will turn around!!
I've seen it advertised A LOT on some of the "get it for free/freebie" FB pages. You know where people have 30 email addresses to get free samples.
SwimBikeRun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #963
busymomof4kids
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiminator View Post
I was wondering the same thing! Disney's wording is a bit strange and there is definitely grey area on how to interpret it. They should say "one entry, per PERSON, per day" I have multiple email addresses but I viewed the statement "one entry" to mean "one" and have only entered my name once a day.

I am a worry wart and would be afraid if I didn't follow the rules that I would be disqualified. So if there is any ambiguity in rules I opt for the safe route
I decided to contact ventura because I was wondering the same thing. I have been entering only once per day for me and once per day for my husband. I just kept wondering if I should be using my other emails. I sent an email to ventura and they got back to me fairly quickly. They said that it is one entry per person per day regardless of how many email addresses someone may have.
busymomof4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #964
audrey2580
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlwilliams9 View Post
My heart just stopped! A Fed Ex truck pulled down my street, pulled into my driveway and turned around and went down the street the other way
cruel!
audrey2580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #965
monkyby87
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymomof4kids View Post
I decided to contact ventura because I was wondering the same thing. I have been entering only once per day for me and once per day for my husband. I just kept wondering if I should be using my other emails. I sent an email to ventura and they got back to me fairly quickly. They said that it is one entry per person per day regardless of how many email addresses someone may have.
I hope this doesn't void people's entries then simply because they've used several email addresses...

WDW - 2011
WDW - 2012
monkyby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #966
busymomof4kids
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkyby87 View Post
I hope this doesn't void people's entries then simply because they've used several email addresses...
I would hope not. That isn't why I contacted them. I just wanted them to clarify so that if I could use my other email addresses I would. I didn't want to just start doing that and be disqualified if by some miracle my name is chosen. I just figured I would let others know that they clarified the rules.
busymomof4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #967
Lynzer Torte
Disneyland Lyndsey

Quote:
Thank you for doing that- I'm glad to finally know for sure.

DH & I: 3 sons ages 20, 19 & 6. &
Lynzer Torte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #968
tinkerbellmagic
don't hate me because I loved the castle cake

Quote:
I sent an email to ventura and they got back to me fairly quickly. They said that it is one entry per person per day regardless of how many email addresses someone may have.
*snipped by me*
I have a feeling we will have to keep reposting this post, lol.
tinkerbellmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #969
tinkerbellmagic
don't hate me because I loved the castle cake

If anyone remembers from last year, there were quite a few winners that were not DISers before they won, but came here and joined later after googling the contest and finding Disboards. Not sure if anyone is energetic enough to go back to that thread and count how many were actually DISers BEFORE they won, but I think it was a pretty low number. Maybe that will keep everyone's spirits up as to why more DISers aren't winning.

Also, some winners were given a hard time on the board and at the time I remember thinking that I wouldn't blame anyone for not coming out and announcing their news.... then and now. Bless the brave souls that do.

And I have seen this contest advertised quite heavily. Lots and lots of entries. I can't even imagine.

But enough of that.... good luck to all!!!
tinkerbellmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #970
msdaisy
Mouseketeer

I just now entered for today. I usually do it first thing for myself and hubby each morning. Maybe the PM hours will bring me some luck. I am just about convinced there is this whole BIG conspiracy against Disers!

2006 Offsite, 2009 Yacht Club, 2010 Offsite, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Old Key West, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside, 2013 First Trip to Disneyland! Embassy Suites North
Old 01-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #971
disneynan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerrluvv View Post
Yikes, I would never ask someone that I was bringing along on a trip I won, to help pay for the taxes. That is the most bizarre thing I think I've read on here!
I would absolutely ask them to pay their portion of the taxes. Otherwise, I would essentially be treating them to a trip that I paid for; even if it was deeply discounted. Not sure about the rest of you, but I can't afford to treat anyone to something this expensive.

I would of course, discuss this with the potential travel companions before the trip takes place. I would be very surprised that anyone would take offense to it. They would still be getting a trip for significantly less than rack rate.

4/78 camping off-site; 6/89 honeymoon Big Red Boat + Hilton; 5/95 ASMu; 11/99 ASMo + CB; 2/03 ASMo; 11/03 POR + Wilderness Cabins; 9/04 POP(no kids); 8/05 POP (free dining); 10/06 POP (free dining + MNSSHP); 8/08 camping at Ft Wilderness; 11/09 3 night Wonder (no kids); 8/11 POP (free dining); NASN conference 6/13
disneynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #972
monkyby87
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynan View Post
I would absolutely ask them to pay their portion of the taxes. Otherwise, I would essentially be treating them to a trip that I paid for; even if it was deeply discounted. Not sure about the rest of you, but I can't afford to treat anyone to something this expensive.

I would of course, discuss this with the potential travel companions before the trip takes place. I would be very surprised that anyone would take offense to it. They would still be getting a trip for significantly less than rack rate.
I very much agree. In this case, the guests are actually the one getting the free trip since we, as the winners, are paying for the taxes. So, the burden should be split in some fasion amongst all those that are going on the trip I feel. It's kind of an awkward thing to bring up with people, but still important, especially if your taxes end up being rather high.

WDW - 2011
WDW - 2012
monkyby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #973
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkyby87 View Post
I very much agree. In this case, the guests are actually the one getting the free trip since we, as the winners, are paying for the taxes. So, the burden should be split in some fasion amongst all those that are going on the trip I feel. It's kind of an awkward thing to bring up with people, but still important, especially if your taxes end up being rather high.
Thanks for all the responses to my initial question. I was surprised someone thought it was the most bizarre thing they've read - I thought it was a reasonable question myself

I am now more agreeable to asking someone to help cover taxes, and sounds like there are some like-minded folks on here so I'm not way out in left field. And the more I think about it, I would also use the gift cards we got at WDW as a part of the package and pay for their meals as well so I'd really plan on sharing the package all the way.

I agree that it's awkward but I would think most people would understand if you say "hey we won a highly discounted trip and would like to share it with you but the cost would be ... would you like to go?" That really gives them an option right?

Well, now that I've got that solved I just need to win and invite some people
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #974
caralyn817
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22

Thanks for all the responses to my initial question. I was surprised someone thought it was the most bizarre thing they've read - I thought it was a reasonable question myself

I am now more agreeable to asking someone to help cover taxes, and sounds like there are some like-minded folks on here so I'm not way out in left field. And the more I think about it, I would also use the gift cards we got at WDW as a part of the package and pay for their meals as well so I'd really plan on sharing the package all the way.

I agree that it's awkward but I would think most people would understand if you say "hey we won a highly discounted trip and would like to share it with you but the cost would be ... would you like to go?" That really gives them an option right?

I wouldn't take offense at all. Actually, we are planning on taking my parents with us if we win and vis versa. We have talked about it and will be splitting the cost in half.

caralyn817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #975
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: