Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #916
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantu View Post
Good Luck Today!
Thank You!

I am still so happy for you.

I think I know what I would do if I won.
I would go Jan 2014 to WDW and do the Full Marathon.
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #917
iheartphineas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantu View Post
Good Luck Today!
Thanks
iheartphineas is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #918
MnM
Earning My Ears

I've seen some confusion with the whole ..how many times can I enter thing and it seems as though we could only enter once per person per day...but then I re-read what comes up after you enter...

THANK YOU! Come back each day through January 31st and enter because we'll be selecting one winner each day until January 31! One of them could be you! "You are allowed one entry per day per e-mail address." The more times you enter, the better your chances of spending some magical Disney Time with the people you love most on a vacation you'll never forget. Start planning your vacation and exploring the newest Disney Parks fun by clicking on the offers and information below!

So now Im confused again!! because to me that reads as though we can enter 45 different email addresses for one person...
MnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #919
Kassidysdad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnM View Post
I've seen some confusion with the whole ..how many times can I enter thing and it seems as though we could only enter once per person per day...but then I re-read what comes up after you enter...

THANK YOU! Come back each day through January 31st and enter because we'll be selecting one winner each day until January 31! One of them could be you! "You are allowed one entry per day per e-mail address." The more times you enter, the better your chances of spending some magical Disney Time with the people you love most on a vacation you'll never forget. Start planning your vacation and exploring the newest Disney Parks fun by clicking on the offers and information below!

So now Im confused again!! because to me that reads as though we can enter 45 different email addresses for one person...

That's probably why us DIS'ers aren't winning, we are only entering ONCE. The rest of the peeps who aren't on this board who read it that way (as I did too) are enetering a bazillion times and WINNING.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #920
cajunprincess
DIS Veteran

As someone who does taxes and sees it all, I'd happily pay my tax bracket for this trip. Even if people are in the top bracket, this trip would still be more savings than any WDW discount I've seen. I guess it would only not be so cool if it bumped you up a tax bracket, but chances of that, I would say, are pretty slim.

Besides, the only person who would mind in my family is my DH and since he doesn't have a clue about taxes and all that, he wouldn't know to complain.
DCL Magic - February 2014
DCL Dream- February 2015
cajunprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #921
Shea&Van
&Waves

Really? Another day without a Dis winner...

Is anyone else really disappointed that we have only one Dis winner thus far. When I read through last year there were like 18 Dis winners.

So far, I've read that this could be because last year you needed a Disney account to enter and this year you don't?

I don't know about your geographical areas, but we have not seen ANY commercials announcing this contest ANY where. We TiVo a bunch of cartoons and we keep the TV on in our room almost all night...yes, I still have a baby who gets up mutliple times each night .

Who's got another theory on the lack of Dis winners?

I was really hoping to hear some of my Dis Pals' experiences.

For those of you old enough to know the SNL reference..."talks amongst yourselves" -- coffee talk

Sending all of you some extra sparkly pixie dust today!!! Let's go Dis'ers...we need a win!
Disney Trips: June 1987 - WDW Off-site, July 1993 - WDW Off-site, September 2002 - DL Off-site, March 2003 - WDW Off-site, January 2010 - WDW Villas at Wilderness Lodge, September 2011 - WDW All Star Sports and Windsor Hills
Most Recent: Nov/Dec 2013 - WDW Buena Vista Suites (one night) and Private Villa at the Emerald Island Resort (eight nights)

Shea&Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #922
watkinsme
I Won a One More Disney Day Sweepstakes :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliehoey View Post
The room was not the highest of the cost either. When I printed my reservation for the accountant the room rate at WL was only $90 a night. That's $360 for room on my stay. Now 5 day Park Hoppers, hmmm yea that probably soaked up a good $,1200 or more considering all 4 tickets were issued as ADULT. Plus our $1,500 gift cards and you have to consider airfare. Our airfare was $1,400-- I was able to print the reservation from USAir. I think the hotel choice is the least of all the costs to be concerned about
Our tickets were even more expensive - they were 531 each (I know because I had to buy the 5th one and they were all booked at the same time)
watkinsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #923
juliehoey
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINNER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by watkinsme View Post
Our tickets were even more expensive - they were 531 each (I know because I had to buy the 5th one and they were all booked at the same time)
You mean airfare, not Park, correct? I hope so, holy cow!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #924
juliehoey
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINNER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea&Van View Post
Is anyone else really disappointed that we have only one Dis winner thus far. When I read through last year there were like 18 Dis winners.

So far, I've read that this could be because last year you needed a Disney account to enter and this year you don't?

I don't know about your geographical areas, but we have not seen ANY commercials announcing this contest ANY where. We TiVo a bunch of cartoons and we keep the TV on in our room almost all night...yes, I still have a baby who gets up mutliple times each night .

For those of you old enough to know the SNL reference..."talks amongst yourselves" -- coffee talk

Sending all of you some extra sparkly pixie dust today!!! Let's go Dis'ers...we need a win!
There were 20 or 21 of us out of the 60. 19 of us have stayed in contact. That's a decent number of Disser's so this is quite interesting about no more winners... Some of our 19 joined the Dis after winning and found our group so can't say what is going on...
Oh and have to say every time I turn around this contest is definitely promoted more than OMDD! Maybe I belong to too many groups, but there are constant reminders everyday to enter from multiple sites, FB pages, Twitter etc. Maybe just more people entering than us normal Disney freaks!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #925
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post
Oh, and here's a question I was wondering...if you were to take someone outside of your spouse and kids, would you ask them to pay part of the taxes? Since my DH and I don't have kids it would be either the two of us and another couple who have been wanting to do an adult trip to WDW with us or my parents. Since it's not really a free vacation with taxes and it's just highly discounted would you think it's right to ask the people you invite with you to pay a few hundred to help pay taxes, or is that rude?

Just a wwyd type question for the day! I know why worry about it if I haven't won but I was just thinking about it when reading all the tax posts and dreaming about where we'd go and who we'd bring if we won.
Personally I'd find that extremely rude. They didn't enter the contest, you did...and you offered to bring them out of kindness I'd hope.

Now if you make a deal with another couple let's all enter the contest in hopes by having 4 entries we may win and then if we're lucky and win we'll share costs.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration & perhaps some 33 lovin' /15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean & BLT/GFV

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #926
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate60120 View Post
I probably could answer this if I went thru all of the details and rules but instead I came here.

It is just me and my daughter in my family. My mother went with us to Disney last time, but my father is now in poor health and I can't see her leaving him for anything over a few days. For various medical reasons he can not fly so it is not an option for both of them to come along. Since there are only two and it would be difficult to find others to come along on our schedule, if we were to win could we take two trips?

One trip we would have to pay for the hotel part of the stay since that would have been used on the first trip, but in theory if only two of us go, there would be two more aifares and two more sets of tickets that could be used on another trip.

No the rules are clear if less than 2 people go then you don't get compensation.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration & perhaps some 33 lovin' /15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean & BLT/GFV

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #927
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

i've not seen it advertised anywhere but here!
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
TJDisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #928
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea&Van View Post

I was thinking this exact thought the other night when I couldn't fall asleep - how come only 1 DISer has won so far?

Maybe others just aren't sharing their joyous news? Maybe they are delaying notifying winners and telling them once a week now? Maybe the person in charge of notifying winners in on vacation (at WDW???)?

Who knows... I just hope more winners come forward, and that maybe DH or I can be one of those winners!!!

Jan 2010 - Wilderness Lodge. OUR PERFECT TRIP!
Feb 2012 - Wilderness Lodge. Terrific escape from the SuperBowl!

hops&dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #929
DT83097
DIS Veteran

Enjoying this thread - reading all the "what ifs" and dreaming!! Congrats to Gantu for being picked - that's awesome. Good Luck to everyone here - hope to hear some more Disers get the call! Off to enter again

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
DT83097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #930
jennameowse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22
Oh, and here's a question I was wondering...if you were to take someone outside of your spouse and kids, would you ask them to pay part of the taxes? Since my DH and I don't have kids it would be either the two of us and another couple who have been wanting to do an adult trip to WDW with us or my parents. Since it's not really a free vacation with taxes and it's just highly discounted would you think it's right to ask the people you invite with you to pay a few hundred to help pay taxes, or is that rude?

Just a wwyd type question for the day! I know why worry about it if I haven't won but I was just thinking about it when reading all the tax posts and dreaming about where we'd go and who we'd bring if we won.
If I was going to bring someone outside of my family I would probably try to bring it up. But definitely bring it up now and not after you were to win. That way they're not all stoked on a free trip and then you surprise them with having to help pay taxes.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting them to help you on on the tax side just as long as you bring it up early and figure out your options.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: