Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 01:05 AM   #646
MistressMerryweather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine1987 View Post
So forgive me if this question was already answered but does anyone know how the timing works for our daily entries? I got home late tonight and just entered at 11:50 CST so obviously it is past 12 AM EST. Does my entry count as today (1/9) or tomorrow (1/10)???
It's eastern standard time, so that would be you entry for the 10th.

Me ~ DH ~ Ds(11) ~ Dd(9) ~ Ds(5) ~ Dd(3) ...our Sept. 2010 DW souvenir ~ Dd(1)

MistressMerryweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:07 AM   #647
JessiePride
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine1987 View Post
So forgive me if this question was already answered but does anyone know how the timing works for our daily entries? I got home late tonight and just entered at 11:50 CST so obviously it is past 12 AM EST. Does my entry count as today (1/9) or tomorrow (1/10)???
I actually wondered that too.....I have been entering at midnight or later every night around the same time to make sure I got through and last night at that time it said I had already entered for the day. I went ahead and entered at noon today instead, but it's never done that to me before. Now I'm all confused on the days I've entered!
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #648
disneynan
Mouseketeer

DH was working from home yesterday and went for a run. While he was approaching the house he saw a UPS truck stop and an envelope left at the front door. He said he was so excited until he opened it - it was insurance papers for our son's recent car accident.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that it would be FedEx.

I hope the lack of another winner means they are only notifying once per week, but am afraid that is wishful thinking as Gantu was notified so quickly.

4/78 camping off-site; 6/89 honeymoon Big Red Boat + Hilton; 5/95 ASMu; 11/99 ASMo + CB; 2/03 ASMo; 11/03 POR + Wilderness Cabins; 9/04 POP(no kids); 8/05 POP (free dining); 10/06 POP (free dining + MNSSHP); 8/08 camping at Ft Wilderness; 11/09 3 night Wonder (no kids); 8/11 POP (free dining); NASN conference 6/13
disneynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #649
disneynan
Mouseketeer

OMDD winners

Did you folks notice any trends regarding what time of day you all entered the contest? We have been entering at various times of the day due to our schedules, but I wondered if it made any difference.

4/78 camping off-site; 6/89 honeymoon Big Red Boat + Hilton; 5/95 ASMu; 11/99 ASMo + CB; 2/03 ASMo; 11/03 POR + Wilderness Cabins; 9/04 POP(no kids); 8/05 POP (free dining); 10/06 POP (free dining + MNSSHP); 8/08 camping at Ft Wilderness; 11/09 3 night Wonder (no kids); 8/11 POP (free dining); NASN conference 6/13
disneynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #650
smj2610
Ready for my theme park fix

Right now they should ban any other companies from having the name ventura...I got a call last night and my heart stopped as my caller id said ventura but it was just about the government option for refinancing...it was a big letdown lol
smj2610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:13 AM   #651
nooneshome
but us dis shutins-send help or APs

I am at work and just entered while listening to Soarin' on D-Cot. Kind of helps me escape the fact that the weather is miserable outside and I am at work.

Good luck everybody!!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #652
BrerJared
Just a Dream Away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneshome View Post
I am at work and just entered while listening to Soarin' on D-Cot. Kind of helps me escape the fact that the weather is miserable outside and I am at work.

Good luck everybody!!

Thank you so much for posting this! I've never even heard of D-Cot and I've always said they need to make a website to listen to music from the parks!!! How have I not known about this until now?!? I know what I'm listening to at work today!!1
Old 01-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #653
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerJared

Thank you so much for posting this! I've never even heard of D-Cot and I've always said they need to make a website to listen to music from the parks!!! How have I not known about this until now?!? I know what I'm listening to at work today!!1
Me too!! Just bookmarked it on my iPad in my office.... Listening now. Thank you sosososooo much. Im in heaven!!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #654
BrerJared
Just a Dream Away...

Hey VACamm, not to sound like a creep or anything, but I just noticed we joined DISboards on the exact same day! haha!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #655
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerJared
Hey VACamm, not to sound like a creep or anything, but I just noticed we joined DISboards on the exact same day! haha!
Really!? Thats pretty cool lol Great minds ....
Old 01-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #656
busymomof4kids
Earning My Ears

Have you tried Sorcerer Radio? I have this app downloaded on my phone. Love it!!
busymomof4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #657
Shea&Van
&Waves

Let's get our game on...

Okay folks,

While we are patiently waiting for our phones to ring (yeah right) or when we need a break from chasing the FedEx drivers or manically checking our junk mail boxes...let's have a little fun.

WHEN (not IF, but WHEN) we do get those magical calls, emails or deliveries...wishful thinking goes a long way right...where would we go?

So, let's do this...
1) the World or the Land?
2) Resort?
3) Package (romance, character, etc.)?
4) Dates of travel?

Wasn't it one of the Oprah gurus who said if you send your request up into the universe it will happen (or something like that)...I'm sending, I'm sending...

Nice day dream to get us through another LONG day of waiting...

Good luck everyone!
Disney Trips: June 1987 - WDW Off-site, July 1993 - WDW Off-site, September 2002 - DL Off-site, March 2003 - WDW Off-site, January 2010 - WDW Villas at Wilderness Lodge, September 2011 - WDW All Star Sports and Windsor Hills
Most Recent: Nov/Dec 2013 - WDW Buena Vista Suites (one night) and Private Villa at the Emerald Island Resort (eight nights)

Shea&Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #658
Allieran3
Live in my magical Disney bubble with Grumpy and a teenager!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea&Van
Okay folks,

While we are patiently waiting for our phones to ring (yeah right) or when we need a break from chasing the FedEx drivers or manically checking our junk mail boxes...let's have a little fun.

WHEN (not IF, but WHEN) we do get those magical calls, emails or deliveries...wishful thinking goes a long way right...where would we go?

So, let's do this...
2) Resort?
4) Dates of travel?

Wasn't it one of the Oprah gurus who said if you send your request up into the universe it will happen (or something like that)...I'm sending, I'm sending...
P

Good luck everyone!
1.) WDW
2.) WL or AKL
3.) Probably the amazing adventure one.
4.) Mid-End October, for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #659
sirabe76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea&Van View Post
Okay folks,

So, let's do this...
2) Resort?
4) Dates of travel?

Good luck everyone!
Definitely the WDW, between polynesian, floridian, and animak kingdom(my husband's choice), makeover package ( my girls would love it), around halloween or just try to save it or marathon weekend next year( since I am going for that anyway)

myfitnesspal: sirabe
(note leave message if friending)
runkeeper: http://runkeeper.com/user/Sirabe
sirabe76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #660
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea&Van View Post
Okay folks,

So, let's do this...
2) Resort?
4) Dates of travel?

Good luck everyone!
1) Disneyland! DH has never been and I haven't been in over 10 years, DCA didn't even exist.
2) Grand Californian
3) Character or the Wild Fun package (DH and I aren't into romantic stuff)
4) Would love to go in October to see how DL does Halloween

I hope the universe is listening!!!!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*

*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy*
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: