Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #556
cristen72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantu View Post
Hey all... I'm working but I just had to share that I got this in my email:

I just opened your FedEx, and confirmed you as the 1/2/2013 winner.

Dont forget to enter today!!!
Congrats!

I love following this thread and realizing I'm not the only one obsessing about this contest!

September 2011 AS Movies 1st trip ever!!

September 2012 AoA 40th bday trip for me!

October 2016 Fingers crossed!
cristen72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #557
pegrad1
Earning My Ears

First day jitters?

I had the same problem as many on Jan 1st but I tried that night & got through just fine. I think the volume of entries may have been overwhelming because of the Disney New Years Parade when Maria announced the contest. I've had no problems entering daily since. (I did forget one day!) How does that happen? Darn life gets in the way!
I hope I'm a winner one of these days & if not, one of YOU!

pegrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #558
Mikes:)Mom
Mouseketeer

I enter a lot of sweepstakes too. I usually spend half hour a night entering. I have won some cool things. So far I won:

Chevron Love the Road Event – CBS: Sony Digital Camera, $300 Marriot CG, $500 Chevron GC.
Travelocity-Ipod Touch
NASCAR: T-shirt, backpack, toy car
JetBlue: One ticket out of the country.

THEN one day right after Spring term started (I went back to school plus I work fulltime) I come home very exhausted but still entered all my sweepstakes. My son (17 at the time) gave so much crap for doing that. He was like why do you this relax, not like you are going to win. The very next day I got the email that I won the Car land trip! I so enjoyed calling my son! Haha

Keep entering! People DO win!
Disneyland - many times as a kid 2007 POR 2008 POP 2009 Royal Pacific Resort 2009 POP : 2011 NYE at Disneyland 2011 SOLO at CSR 2012 POP 2012 Disneyland hotel 2013 Hard Rock Hotel & POFQ 2014 Disneyland Paris
Mikes:)Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #559
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantu View Post
Hey all... I'm working but I just had to share that I got this in my email:

I just opened your FedEx, and confirmed you as the 1/2/2013 winner.

Dont forget to enter today!!!
Congrats! And yes, I entered in today.

The force will be with you, always.
CentralFloridian99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #560
lisapezz
Mouseketeer

Add me to the list of people who never win anything (except for that He-Man doll from a Hubba Bubba wrapper as a little girl)

I love reading the stories about all the lucky winners. Continued luck to all!
July 2011 - Poly
March 2011 - CSR
October 2010 - Contemporary
May 2010 - BW
So many more it's hard to keep track
lisapezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #561
taigirl87
Resident Pixie Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes:)Mom View Post
I enter a lot of sweepstakes too. I usually spend half hour a night entering. I have won some cool things. So far I won:

Chevron Love the Road Event – CBS: Sony Digital Camera, $300 Marriot CG, $500 Chevron GC.
Travelocity-Ipod Touch
NASCAR: T-shirt, backpack, toy car
JetBlue: One ticket out of the country.

THEN one day right after Spring term started (I went back to school plus I work fulltime) I come home very exhausted but still entered all my sweepstakes. My son (17 at the time) gave so much crap for doing that. He was like why do you this relax, not like you are going to win. The very next day I got the email that I won the Car land trip! I so enjoyed calling my son! Haha

Keep entering! People DO win!
Ive won a few small things too in my life. Ive won raffle sort of things and some sweepstakes, normally 2nd prize:wicked tickets, (though i had to pay 50 for them but it was worth it!) a velvet jewelry box from a movie contest for marie antoinette(i was supposed to get some beauty products too but those were never sent to me), a year pass for my family for our rec center, harry's wand from warner brothers, and most recently I won 2 one day one park passes for universal studios orlando(which were just fedexed to me and gave me a heart attack because I thought it was from disney!)

My dh gives me a hard time cuz he thinks its ridiculous that I put in for things and says its the reason I get so much spam and telemarketer calls. but hey, i figure if i dont try ill never win
taigirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #562
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

I've been entering every day but I think I've already used up my luck in winning a Disney cruise back when I was 14! We were on the Magic and got picked to play the now long lost Who Wants to be a Mousekateer show. My seat was randomly chosen from the whole theater to come up and play, and being under 18, I was allowed to bring up my mom, the Disney guru. It took all our lifelines but we won the grand prize, a return 7-night cruise for two!

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:38 PM   #563
Shea&Van
&Waves

tarzansmom...you asked for it...aerosmith story

First things first...
CONGRATS GANTU! Such a great feeling, I'm sure, to get the official confirmation and such. Bet you can't wait to get going on all the fun planning. What a great way to start off 2013!

Okay, ask and you shall receive...here goes the Aerosmith story...sorry to be off topic but humor me just a second.

So, I was lucky enough to have an AMAZING job before I had my kids where I worked for a special charity that did fantastic work for our military both here and abroad. My awesome job was in public relations, publicity, promotion and special event planning. I was blessed enough to meet some fabulous (and some -- not so fabulous) celebrities.

Well, shortly after 9/11, some of us worker bees were invited backstage after an Aerosmith show. They had done some "meet and greets" with the troops and their families so we already knew they were very military friendly and we had spent some time with them previously so it was just like a little thank you so to speak for all of our hard work.

Backstage was un-freaking-believable. Everyone from the band, to the extra musicans to the roadies, caterers, etc. was so wonderful and friendly and welcoming. They kept saying thank you to us -- the little people -- for all the hard work we did for the military and their families. We were like no we do it for them, they are the ones who really make all the sacrifices.

Each member of Aerosmith personally shook our hands and said the most sincere "thank you." I got hugs from everyone, but a big kiss right on the cheek from Steven. He was very sweet and so kind just like a father figure so to speak, making sure we were comfortable and didn't need anything. They even said some special words about our charity during the show.

The night was incredible and one I will never forget...I have the pictures framed to prove it

But, the best part -- by far -- was that Aerosmith continued to do stuff for our charity for many many years. And -- here's why I'll be a fan for life -- they did it all without any publicity. They worked very hard to keep all of their shows, meet and greets, etc. very hush-hush. I thought this was so incredibly admirable. They wanted the attention to be on the true heros - the men and women of our armed forces - and not on them and/or their celebrity status. Made my job really hard, but gave me soooooo much respect for them as individuals.

They volunteered countless hours at Walter Reed and Bethesda to spend time and bring gifts to injured troops you just cannot imagine. Anytime they were near the DC area, they stopped by -- and without fanfare. If you didn't know they were there (which obviously I knew b/c I was coordinating it), you would have never suspected it.

Totally down to earth amazing people with really lovely families.

To tarzansmom, I'm so happy your son had such a memorable interaction with him. He's got to be my favorite celebrity that I ever got to meet and I met alot of them. What a cool story for him to tell as he grows up.

As for me, when we decided to start a family, I had to leave that awesome job so that my husband and I could spend time together on the same continent But, the memories I hold in my heart from that time are priceless.

Luckily, I have my greatest blessings (my three little ones) to make new memories now and have a pretty cool job to boot!

Soooo, if you are still reading....that's my LONG Aerosmith story. Hope it gave you a little smile.

And, pixie dust to all the DisPals...now where are those darn winners hiding??? Let's go Dis'sers
Disney Trips: June 1987 - WDW Off-site, July 1993 - WDW Off-site, September 2002 - DL Off-site, March 2003 - WDW Off-site, January 2010 - WDW Villas at Wilderness Lodge, September 2011 - WDW All Star Sports and Windsor Hills
Most Recent: Nov/Dec 2013 - WDW Buena Vista Suites (one night) and Private Villa at the Emerald Island Resort (eight nights)

Shea&Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #564
tarzansmom
I would rather be at Walt Disney World!

That's awesome Shea. I agree he was so nice. I have met a few celebs myself when I worked for CASA which I also left to start a family. We had numerous celebs send donations and attend our fundraisers. Other than my meeting with mister Rogers who I expected to be very friendly, Stephen Tyler was the most down to earth celeb I ever met. We didn't ask for a pic tho. I wasn't sure it would be proper etiquette as he was on vacation. That being said at 9 my son has told all his friends, not that many know who he is but most of their parents are jealous, lol.

2003- POR * 2005- POP * 2006- POP * 2008- POP/CSR * 2010- WL * 2011- CBR * 2013-?
tarzansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #565
PrincessMomofTwo
Earning My Ears

Fun thread! Looking forward to hearing more about other winners and past winners' experiences!
PrincessMomofTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #566
trtl6941
Mouseketeer

So, kind of OT, but how do you know where to enter things daily? (not this contest, but in general)

trtl6941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #567
chimilady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtl6941 View Post
So, kind of OT, but how do you know where to enter things daily? (not this contest, but in general)
There are many places that are devoted to Disney contests. Just google.
chimilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #568
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtl6941 View Post
For Disney sweeps look here http://www.mousesavers.com/disney-or...-and-contests/

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #569
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Your link is a little broken.

http://www.mousesavers.com/disney-or...-and-contests/
Old 01-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #570
BrerJared
Just a Dream Away...

Hey everyone, I've been lurking since this blog began but not posting until now. first of all, congrats on the win Gantu! I hope you luck spreads to the rest of us!

I hope I win, i want to take my DS to Disney for the first time, and it's kind of impossible now because of money, but he is only 4 and he knows so much about DW and he asks me every day if we can go to Disney world, and he has a piggy bank for DW. I just want him to experience the magic that we all love so much. I really hope I win, and I hope everyone else here wins too!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: