Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #511
sirabe76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
lol, I'm the same way. Purses don't interest me. I carry around the same bag from Kohls or Target for about 2 years until it rips and I need a new one. But I do covet something cute like these to bring to the parks.

http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-mo...07052/1000291/

http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-mo...07110/1000291/
I'm not a purse girl, but me likey.

myfitnesspal: sirabe
(note leave message if friending)
runkeeper: http://runkeeper.com/user/Sirabe
sirabe76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #512
Gantu
Oh,,,,,blitznac!

My paperwork arrived in Ny this moring so,, now I'm waiting too.

I love this!
Mickey Mouse Tote Bag by Dooney & Bourke

But at $245... dang that's a lot for one purse! I dont know if I would ever want to use it!

4 kids, 3 dogs, 2 cats... one of them would get my purse!!!!

11/09 WL ~ 5/11 SSW POP ~ 8/12 Disneyland / DCA
5/31-6/9/13 AOA- YC - POR

Trip to come!!!! I really won a trip to Disney World!
Gantu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #513
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantu View Post
I love this!
Mickey Mouse Tote Bag by Dooney & Bourke

But at $245... dang that's a lot for one purse! I dont know if I would ever want to use it!

!
yeah, the only way I'm paying $245 for a purse is if it comes with at least $200 stuffed in it, lol.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
TJDisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #514
Gantu
Oh,,,,,blitznac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigirl87 View Post
I just got home from work and I saw a notice on my apartment door that I had a package from Fedex! My heart was pounding, especially when I saw that it was a large envelope that they had left on my porch.

I knew before I opened it from the return address that it wasn't from Ventura

But it was my 2 1 day passes that I won through mycokerewards for Universal Orlando! So while it wasn't what I was really hoping for, it was still a nice surprise as I wasnt expecting them for at least another month.

Congrats! What a great win! We had a blast at Universal! We did both parks in one day with the express pass. Any plans to go soon?

11/09 WL ~ 5/11 SSW POP ~ 8/12 Disneyland / DCA
5/31-6/9/13 AOA- YC - POR

Trip to come!!!! I really won a trip to Disney World!
Gantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #515
disneynan
Mouseketeer

I am the same way, I only replace my purse when it is either broken or dirty. I have one for summer and one for winter.

The bags on the links are very cute, but the prices Not gonna happen in this lifetime. DD and I have matching Tinkerbell purse-type backpacks we use in the parks. Paid $5 each on sale at Walmart. I love them cuz when they get dirty, they go in the washer and it wouldn't be the end of the world if the got stained, ripped or ripped off.

4/78 camping off-site; 6/89 honeymoon Big Red Boat + Hilton; 5/95 ASMu; 11/99 ASMo + CB; 2/03 ASMo; 11/03 POR + Wilderness Cabins; 9/04 POP(no kids); 8/05 POP (free dining); 10/06 POP (free dining + MNSSHP); 8/08 camping at Ft Wilderness; 11/09 3 night Wonder (no kids); 8/11 POP (free dining); NASN conference 6/13
disneynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #516
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirabe76 View Post
I'm not a purse girl, but me likey.
I am a Vera Bradley girl, but me likey too. And I know my MIL would really likey...might be a great birthday gift for her.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #517
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

I have a Dooney story.

I am so not a name brand person at all. Walmart, Kohls, Target kind of gal..

With that siad, this past year (2012) I ran the Disney Princess Half Marathon. They have a Dooney just for the race, the bag had a charm on it to look that the finishe medal you get at the end. You could only get it at the race expo and it sold out fast. Yes I did break down and buy that for myself as my I Did It Gift!!! It was way to much to spend on a bag but I LOVE IT!!!! Its not very big and not for everyday.. But I LOVE IT!!!!
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #518
HadesTX
Whoa. Is my hair out?

I've only stayed at one deluxe (the Grand Floridian), but if I chose WDW I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. It was wonderful. We'll probably choose DL though, since we've never been.

And a Disney Dooney would definitely be going home with me.

I love the planning. DD & I did that last year, too. Maybe this year we'll have some luck!

WL 12/13
POR 9/11
POR 10/10
CBR 06/07
GF 02/98
Off site 7/87
HadesTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #519
sirabe76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
I have a Dooney story.

I am so not a name brand person at all. Walmart, Kohls, Target kind of gal..

With that siad, this past year (2012) I ran the Disney Princess Half Marathon. They have a Dooney just for the race, the bag had a charm on it to look that the finishe medal you get at the end. You could only get it at the race expo and it sold out fast. Yes I did break down and buy that for myself as my I Did It Gift!!! It was way to much to spend on a bag but I LOVE IT!!!! Its not very big and not for everyday.. But I LOVE IT!!!!
oh, do you have a picture of this bag? I would love to see it. Sounds so cool!!

myfitnesspal: sirabe
(note leave message if friending)
runkeeper: http://runkeeper.com/user/Sirabe
sirabe76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #520
taigirl87
Resident Pixie Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantu View Post
Congrats! What a great win! We had a blast at Universal! We did both parks in one day with the express pass. Any plans to go soon?
I was very happy to win! but the odds were pretty good. they had 500 pairs of tickets to give away and i put in about 50 entries!

We have plans to go in May with another married couple that I knew from my college program, but if that doesnt work out, we will go in the fall(my preferred time in the parks but i knew dh would love star wars weekends)

Congrats to you too as well! I know you and your family will have fun! do you have an idea of when you will be traveling yet?
taigirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #521
suevr
One More Disney Day Sweepstakes Winner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbydk View Post
Do you have airline miles you can give me, and PIN codes for lower hotel rates?
Well, I have air miles from our OMDD trip but not enough to do anything with. And I've never gotten a PIN code from Disney before. Maybe we should all share one suite at AOA together so it would be cheaper. LOL!
~ July~ Disneyland Hotel~ One More Disney Day Sweepstakes trip
2011~ January, May, October~ Fort Wilderness Campground
2010~ May, October~ Fort Wilderness Campground
2009~ October~ Fort Wilderness Cabins
suevr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #522
swebb0310
Mouseketeer

Ok, so now I am paranoid... I misunderstood about the multiple email thing... If I only enter the one email starting tomorrow, would I still be disqualified if I win because of doing it on accident the first few days?
I don't know what I will do if I win, but I know one thing.. I am a teacher, but I would totally answer my phone if it rang and there was a chance it could be about this!
My kids would probably think I: 1- have lost my mind, and 2- am the coolest teacher ever for winning!
swebb0310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #523
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama
I'm thinking they didn't notify any winners today. Come on, if they were picking several days worth, one would HAVE to be a DISer!!

did they ever post winners names anywhere last year or was it like, not until months after it was over?
For OMDD they had a scrolling thing on the contest website featuring winners' names & cities.. but they didnt update it fast enough so many of us didnt ever see our names sad!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #524
jennameowse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb0310
Ok, so now I am paranoid... I misunderstood about the multiple email thing... If I only enter the one email starting tomorrow, would I still be disqualified if I win because of doing it on accident the first few days?
I don't know what I will do if I win, but I know one thing.. I am a teacher, but I would totally answer my phone if it rang and there was a chance it could be about this!
My kids would probably think I: 1- have lost my mind, and 2- am the coolest teacher ever for winning!
I would think if you were to win as long as the particular day your name was drawn only one of your emails was entered you'd be fine. Only way I'd see a problem is if your name was pulled for a day you entered multiple emails.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:16 AM   #525
JessiePride
Earning My Ears

Haha.....I'm glad there are a lot of people with S.O.'s that roll their eyes too. After I told DH, he said.."people don't really win those things." I told him another day that if he gets a number from 212 to answer it immediately or let me know if he missed it and to check the voicemail. Luckily he just said okay and didn't ask why!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: