Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #391
doitforlove
x0x0 Disney Squirrel

Really enjoying this sweepstakes so far! Even if I'm not lucky enough to win I can't wait to hear all of the winners stories!

Spring 2014 Group Sales Professional Intern
Recent Trips:
Sept'11 @ CBR; Sept'12 @ POP; Sept'13 @ CSR
doitforlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #392
loganjared
Mouseketeer

What resorts do the winners get to chose from?

6/1994 Honeymoon CBR; 6/2004 DS's first trip/10 yr anniversary CBR; 6/2005 ASMo; 2/2007 ASSp; 6/2009 15 yr anniversary ASMo; 6/2010 POFQ; 6/2011 POFQ

loganjared is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #393
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know what the actual chances of winning are?
tracydeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #394
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracydeech
That all depends on how many people enter. There is a definite winner each day. It is much better odds than powerball but still quite a long shot!

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #395
Okh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracydeech View Post
I have to think that it's slim to none and Slim just left town. That said, you have zero chance of winning if you don't enter. Good luck!
ďWhen you acknowledge, as you must, that there is no such thing as perfect food, only the idea of it, then the real purpose of striving toward perfection becomes clear: to make people happy, that is what cooking is all about.Ē
― Thomas Keller

Okh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #396
Me!Thatswho
Mouseketeer

August, 2005 - WDW All-Stars Movies & All-Stars Music -- May, 2006 - WDW Port Orleans French Quarter for SWW -- June, 2007 - WDW Contemporary for SWW -- Dec, 2007 - WDW Pop Century & Contemporary for MVMCP -- July, 2008 - DL Disneyland Hotel -- Dec, 2008 - Jan, 2009 - WDW Polynesian; NYE @ DHS -- Dec, 2009 - Jan, 2010 - WDW Polynesian; NYE: breakfast at AK; mid-day @ Blizzard Beach; evening @ Epcot for Illuminations; fireworks on Poly beach -- Oct, 2010 - WDW Polynesian for MNSSHP -- Nov, 2011 - DL Grand Californian Hotel -- Aug 2012 - WDW Beach Club CL -- Jan 2013 - WDW Yacht Club CL -- Dec 2013 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside: DD danced in XMas parade taping -- July 2014 - DLP Hotel New York -- Nov 2014 - WDW Yacht Club

My first ever Trip Report - DLP or bust! w/ Lots of Pics!
Me!Thatswho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #397
sirabe76
Earning My Ears

Do y'all think you could add a dining plan to the winning package at the cost of the just the dining plan?

I am having such fun just thinking about winning.

myfitnesspal: sirabe
(note leave message if friending)
runkeeper: http://runkeeper.com/user/Sirabe
sirabe76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #398
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirabe76 View Post

Me too. I'm now planning my whole DLR trip in my head.

I saw in the official rules answers to some questions posted here:

Administrator will conduct a Daily Drawing on or about three (3) business days after the applicable Day in order to select the potential winner of each Daily Sweepstakes........
On or about one (1) business day after each Daily Drawing, each potential winner will be notified via email or phone, as appropriate, to obtain a mailing address as well as any additional required information or responses. Once mailing addresses are available, each potential winner will be sent paperwork by overnight delivery service. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: [1] potential winnerís failure to respond to notification within two (2) business days after transmission; [2] the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; [3] the return of any other notification as undeliverable: [4] potential winnerís failure to provide Administrator with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; [5] potential winnerís failure to provide Administrator with satisfactory proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Address associated with the winning Entry; [6] potential winnerís failure to provide required additional information upon Administratorís request; [7] potential winnerís failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) business days after its mailing

so it looks like the winners receive a call or email approximately 3-4 days after the entry day for which they won.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
TJDisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #399
camsmama
"One More Disney Day" Sweepstakes winner 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirabe76
Do y'all think you could add a dining plan to the winning package at the cost of the just the dining plan?

OMDD winners were told that they could not add dining packages to their trips because it was a promotional trip and not a paid trip. I would think that the same would be true with this new contest. Winner also can't upgrade rooms due to promotional and not paid.

WDW - Too many times to count since we live so close
DL - OMDD Trip Grand Californian - August 2012 (first time to DL & California)
camsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #400
sirabe76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by camsmama View Post
OMDD winners were told that they could not add dining packages to their trips because it was a promotional trip and not a paid trip. I would think that the same would be true with this new contest. Winner also can't upgrade rooms due to promotional and not paid.
That is good to know for this and future contests

myfitnesspal: sirabe
(note leave message if friending)
runkeeper: http://runkeeper.com/user/Sirabe
sirabe76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #401
caralyn817
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by camsmama

Could you add on dining but pay for it yourself?

caralyn817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #402
camsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralyn817

Could you add on dining but pay for it yourself?
No. We were told that the dining package could not be added on even if we paid for it ourselves. The dining plan has to be linked to a paid room reservation and since the winners were not paying for the room, the dining plan could not be added. That's why we were given $1,000 gift cards- to cover our meals.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #403
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
When I won OMDD, meals were not included but we got $1500 in gift cards and we used those for meals, shopping and incidentals. We charged everything to our room and then used our gift card to cover the charges when we checked out.
I can't remember...was the OMDD prize promoted to include a $500 gc, but you all ended up receiving $1500?
Old 01-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #404
camsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuaann

I can't remember...was the OMDD prize promoted to include a $500 gc, but you all ended up receiving $1500?
It was advertised as $1,000 gift card and choice of a few different things. One of the options was a $500 shopping spree at DTD but for those of us that chose that, it was just another $500 gift card. So when we checked in, we got one gift card for $1,000 and one gift card for $500.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #405
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
It was advertised as $1,000 gift card and choice of a few different things. One of the options was a $500 shopping spree at DTD but for those of us that chose that, it was just another $500 gift card. So when we checked in, we got one gift card for $1,000 and one gift card for $500.
Thanks! I remember there being a gc, just couldn't remember how much. $1500 is a sweet amount of spending money...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: