Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #316
disneynan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristen72 View Post
Thanks for the info. I guess you'd have to see if they'd let you select a resort where the room could hold 5 people. Either that or select a value resort if money is tight (like it would be for my coworker as well as myself if I had a family of five ). No staying in a deluxe because some wouldn't be able to pay for an additional room.
I think all of the Deluxe resorts can accommodate 5 in a room. That will be our plan if we win. I have really spotty service at work and must have checked my phone 100 times today just in case!

4/78 camping off-site; 6/89 honeymoon Big Red Boat + Hilton; 5/95 ASMu; 11/99 ASMo + CB; 2/03 ASMo; 11/03 POR + Wilderness Cabins; 9/04 POP(no kids); 8/05 POP (free dining); 10/06 POP (free dining + MNSSHP); 8/08 camping at Ft Wilderness; 11/09 3 night Wonder (no kids); 8/11 POP (free dining); NASN conference 6/13
disneynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #317
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
Is there a Canadian website to enter this contest?
It won't let me enter because I don't have a State or zip code.
I have been entering no problem from Canada... they want you to put a space in the Postal Code between the first 3 and last 3 number/letter combinations.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration & perhaps some 33 lovin' /15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean & BLT/GFV

TagsMissy is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #318
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantu View Post
Perfect! Thank you so much for the information!

Did any of the winners from last year need to send in pictures with your paperwork?

Droped my paperwork off into the fedex box today.

I'm pretty sure were going to pick:
GROWNUP FUN AND ROMANCE for Disney World

We just went to Disneyland. It was fun and we had a good time, it just not the same as Disney World.

I'd really love to stay at the Beach Club! I've read the Beach Club thread a million times! But we will be happy with whatever! I would just love to wake up and walk right into the International gateway!

We've stayed at: CBR, AKL CL, WL, All Star Movies and Pop- We try and stay at a new Hotel every visit.

I do think we are going to try and stay a few days more. Were any of the past winners able to just add days to your tickets? Or did you just buy new tickets?

My phone call was fun. I thought she was calling to sell me DVC. We made all kinds of small talk. She's SUPER nice and funny! A few minutes in, she's like.. do you remember entering the contest? I was like yes... and then I really don't remember much.... I was trying to write it all down!

I'm going to start planning... I LOVE the planning, almost more then the trip!

Thanks again everyone and I hope we get some more winners here!

I did send in photos. However, I believe it was optional & I still don't know why they asked for them?

I also was one who didn't get a phonecall.. Too bad, because everybodys calls sound fun/funny. Not sure why they didn't call, but I later found out they tried to email me but had my email mis-spelled. All I got was the fedex.

We added on two nights, but not adding on any park time. We decided to spend our two travel days with some shopping/swimming/out-of park dining etc.

Enjoy the planning -- that is DEFINITELY the best part!!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #319
handustmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantu View Post
Perfect! Thank you so much for the information!

Did any of the winners from last year need to send in pictures with your paperwork?

Droped my paperwork off into the fedex box today.

I'm pretty sure were going to pick:
GROWNUP FUN AND ROMANCE for Disney World

We just went to Disneyland. It was fun and we had a good time, it just not the same as Disney World.

I'd really love to stay at the Beach Club! I've read the Beach Club thread a million times! But we will be happy with whatever! I would just love to wake up and walk right into the International gateway!

We've stayed at: CBR, AKL CL, WL, All Star Movies and Pop- We try and stay at a new Hotel every visit.

I do think we are going to try and stay a few days more. Were any of the past winners able to just add days to your tickets? Or did you just buy new tickets?

My phone call was fun. I thought she was calling to sell me DVC. We made all kinds of small talk. She's SUPER nice and funny! A few minutes in, she's like.. do you remember entering the contest? I was like yes... and then I really don't remember much.... I was trying to write it all down!

I'm going to start planning... I LOVE the planning, almost more then the trip!

Thanks again everyone and I hope we get some more winners here!

We didn't send in a picture. We got that affidavit out the same day it arrived, lol!

My DH is actually the one that won the trip. After he called and told me he had to call them back to make sure he had given them our correct address, lol!

We added one night at Pop Century to maximize our park days. We had them add it at the beginning of our trip so we would start at a value and end at the deluxe (we stayed at the Poly). It was a great trip and I'm sure yours will be too!

Congratulations on the win, and enjoy the planning!!
Polynesian Resort October 2012

DH Me! DD17 DS13
handustmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #320
lthiesfeld07
Mouseketeer

I really hope I win! I entered every day last year, and so far every day this year!
My family really needs a vacation together. I'm sure many others feel the same way.
I've been entering my younger sister, my mom and myself using separate emails.

I can't wait to hear from everyone who wins though!
Please post your detailed plans if you do!
1997- Dixie Landings * 2002- ASMo * Aug 2011- Off-site Jan 2012- CBR * April 2012- OKW *June 2012- ASMu *September 2012- Pop/Kidani *March 2013- ASMu/Kidani *July 2013 AEP- CSR/Contemporary *October 2013- ASMu/Contemporary *December 2013- POR June 2014 Engagement Trip- AKL-Jambo

lthiesfeld07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #321
ginadv
Mouseketeer

drawings?

Congratulations to you on your win!

I slacked off last year on entering but have entered each day so far this time and have been entering my mom, dad and brother, too with their assurance that if they win they'll bring us (at least some of us, DH can stay behind and build me new kitchen cabinets!).

Anyhow, anyone know what the deal is with the drawings? Was yesterday the first one or have they been drawing one winner daily?

Fingers crossed that the next 27 winners will be Dis-ers! We've got 2 out of 4 so far, right?

Good luck all!

July 4th week 2011 Fort Wilderness Cabins, President's week 2012 trip at the Cabins, August 24-30, 2012 Free Dining for our first Pop visit!
August 22-30, 2013 Thank Goodness for Free Dining!

ginadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #322
yolie912
DIS Veteran

subbing..this sounds like fun.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:29 AM   #323
TagsMissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertechie View Post
Also, I find this quite interesting.

"Each Canadian resident who is a potential winner will be required to answer correctly a mathematical skill testing question without assistance of any kind whether mechanical or otherwise to be declared a winner and be eligible to collect a prize."

Google teaches you something new every day
Yup we don't pay tax on winnings but need to answer a math question.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration & perhaps some 33 lovin' /15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean & BLT/GFV

Old 01-05-2013, 05:33 AM   #324
TagsMissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by suevr View Post
This is a Canadian law that you have to answer a skill testing question if you win something. They're always simple math questions though. If a Canadian does with the contest then they won't have to pay taxes on it.
It's not an if thing. We need to answer the question to win.... we answer correctly we get the prize untaxed.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:56 AM   #325
TagsMissy

Silly question I'm certain but do you need to get a cash room for an extended vacation when you win a price or could we, should we win, be able to extend our trip with a villa stay using our DVC points.

Additionally -- we can add extra days to our tickets, right and does anybody know if the tickets could be used toward getting an annual pass?

Old 01-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #326
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagsMissy
Silly question I'm certain but do you need to get a cash room for an extended vacation when you win a price or could we, should we win, be able to extend our trip with a villa stay using our DVC points.

Additionally -- we can add extra days to our tickets, right and does anybody know if the tickets could be used toward getting an annual pass?
When I won a trip in 2011, I was able to add days to my tickets with no problem. I also rented DVC points to extend my trip so we were at the Poly for the Sweep portion of the trip and AKV for the rest. I simply gave Ventura the date we were leaving so they could book the flights.

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #327
Jen12573
DIS Veteran

Curious, if I use AutoFill on my phone to fill out the sweepstakes entry form, is that a problem? Should I, instead, retype my info each day that I enter?
Old 01-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #328
cristen72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynan View Post
I think all of the Deluxe resorts can accommodate 5 in a room. That will be our plan if we win. I have really spotty service at work and must have checked my phone 100 times today just in case!
Thanks for the info. I know absolutely nothing about the deluxe hotels. They are impossible for us to afford so I never researched them beyond just looking at the prices.

September 2011 AS Movies 1st trip ever!!

September 2012 AoA 40th bday trip for me!

October 2016 Fingers crossed!
cristen72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:04 AM   #329
chimilady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
When I won a trip in 2011, I was able to add days to my tickets with no problem. I also rented DVC points to extend my trip so we were at the Poly for the Sweep portion of the trip and AKV for the rest. I simply gave Ventura the date we were leaving so they could book the flights.
Do you just tell them you'd like to extend? You don't need to extend through them?
chimilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #330
suzyqsam
Mouseketeer

Last year, was anyone notified over the weekend? Or do they only notify during regular business hours?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: