Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2014, 08:42 AM   #1
JPKnapp
Earning My Ears

How much would you pay for extra FP+s or even unlimited?

Somewhere along the line, Disney is sure to sell additional FP+ slots. Either through "VIP" programs, more FP+ for Deluxe vs Value, or even directly as 'buy one more', etc.

So... how much would you pay for an additional 10 FP+s? And how much would you pay for unlimited FP+s?
JPKnapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:44 AM   #2
ucfknight
Go Knights!

$0
ucfknight is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2014, 08:44 AM   #3
Suellen
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't pay for either.
Suellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:45 AM   #4
JPKnapp
Earning My Ears

$15 per FP+ sounds fair

I'd pay $15 per FP+ sounds about right for me. Unlimited would depend on park hopping. I'd say $200 per person per day.
JPKnapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:45 AM   #5
wdwjeffc37
DisneyWorldFan

$0 for me too.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:47 AM   #6
Turn the Page
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't pay for either option. The most I would do is book a moderate room rather than a value or something like that and I wouldn't even like to do that.

It reeks of a shameless money grab, on top of the shameless money grab that Disney already is, and it just rubs me the wrong way.
Turn the Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:56 AM   #7
Texas Barbie
Mouseketeer

For a length of stay, unlimited fastpass, I think about $100 per day per ticket would be about right.
Texas Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:01 AM   #8
Mickey & Minnie Mom
DIS Veteran

$0

Mickey & Minnie Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:02 AM   #9
erionm
DIS Veteran

$0
Old 01-30-2014, 09:02 AM   #10
wisblue
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't pay anything either, but I am not as convinced as some others that this is ever going to be offered this directly.

There are a lot of other ways for Disney to use FPs as an enticement to spend money on something else. The most often cited one is giving more FPs to onsite guests than offsite, and/or to give more based on the level of onsite resort.

Another that I have thought about is to allow an extra FP or two in a second park for guests who have AP or park hoppers. Some people have concluded that Disney is trying to discourage hopping by limiting FPs to one park per day. But, there is no reason to assume that things will stay that way forever. And I don't think Disney added buses directly between the parks if they didn't expect them to be used.

If Disney offers another FP or two in a second park (including a tier 1 FP in the second park) that might encourage people to buy the hopper option, and that just helps Disney achieve their goal of spending a lot of time on Disney property.

This would be similar to what Universal is doing by putting the new Harry Potter Diagon Alley in the Universal Studios park. Anyone who wants to see both Harry Potter areas, and ride the Hogwarts Express between them, has to have a two park ticket. Disney does not have the market cornered on "shameless money grabs", even in the theme park business.
wisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:06 AM   #11
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Barbie View Post
For a length of stay, unlimited fastpass, I think about $100 per day per ticket would be about right.
I think we can safely say that this will never happen. In addition to the capacity issues, unlimited front of line for several days would be worth MUCH more than $100 per ticket. If I could get unlimited front of line for 7 days for $100, even I would pay that.
wisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:07 AM   #12
Shock13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Barbie View Post
I agree with this. As someone who visits WDW every couple of years, my time is valuable when I'm there and I'd gladly pay for the convenience. Although I wouldn't be paying $100 for each park I go to. DHS is my least favorite park so I wouldn't pay any extra to go on those 3 rides I like.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:09 AM   #13
MomRN
DIS Veteran

Individual FP+? Nothing, unless a dire circumstance occurred and there was a favorite ride, a time constraint, and a cheap option to get one on demand. Basically, I would probably spend $5/person to skip the line at EE if the line was 60 minutes long and we had somewhere to be in an hour.

Unlimited? The best Disney could do would be to offer it with an on-site stay- like Universal. Even then, I wouldn't fork out the money for a Deluxe to get this benefit. Again, maybe...might... possibly spend $25/person extra a day for unlimited FP+, depending on the circumstances.
MomRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:12 AM   #14
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue View Post
I wouldn't pay anything either, but I am not as convinced as some others that this is ever going to be offered this directly. There are a lot of other ways for Disney to use FPs as an enticement to spend money on something else. The most often cited one is giving more FPs to onsite guests than offsite, and/or to give more based on the level of onsite resort. Another that I have thought about is to allow an extra FP or two in a second park for guests who have AP or park hoppers. Some people have concluded that Disney is trying to discourage hopping by limiting FPs to one park per day. But, there is no reason to assume that things will stay that way forever. And I don't think Disney added buses directly between the parks if they didn't expect them to be used. If Disney offers another FP or two in a second park (including a tier 1 FP in the second park) that might encourage people to buy the hopper option, and that just helps Disney achieve their goal of spending a lot of time on Disney property. This would be similar to what Universal is doing by putting the new Harry Potter Diagon Alley in the Universal Studios park. Anyone who wants to see both Harry Potter areas, and ride the Hogwarts Express between them, has to have a two park ticket. Disney does not have the market cornered on "shameless money grabs", even in the theme park business.
This exactly!!

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:13 AM   #15
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

$100 per day, $200 per day, $15 per FP+? Are you guys crazy? For a family of four, with just five days, at $100, that's an EXTRA $2000 over what I've already paid for rooms and tickets!! And even though it is unlimited, what if all FP+ for the headliners are already taken? There would be no way to ensure you could get what you wanted or what would work on any given day.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fastpass+, fastpassplus, fp+, unlimited

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: