Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
mommyz
Mouseketeer
 
mommyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 259

Can you transfer onboard discount?

We were on Fantasy this summer and rebooked this time for 2 cabins. One under my name and one under dh.

A family friend is planning to book this week and I wanted to offer them one of our reservations? Can I do that and if so how? The rates are so high I know it would be a nice perk to get the 10% discount and obc!

Thanks for all replies
__________________
MommyZ
with DaddyZ, DS(10), DD (4) and DD(1)

Disney cruise 3nt 9/03
Disney cruise 7nt 9/04 cancelled b/c hurricanes
RCL cruise 1/05
Disney cruise 7nt 3/05
Disneyland 5/05
Disney cruise 7nt 9/07
Disneyworld 11/09
Carnival cruise 7nt 4/2011
Disney cruise (Fantasy) 7nt 6/2012




mommyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
lanejudy
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,760
DISboards Moderator

You would need to leave one of your names on the reservation to retain the OBB discount and credit. The OBB will be invalid if transferred to another person, however you can add people to your staterooms and then re-arrange once onboard. But I believe adding people will be at today's fare, not the fare when you booked.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 33,275

The only way you can do this is to put one of them in the cabin with you and one with DH...and they still won't get the 10% off (only those people named at the time of the booking will get the discount). DCL ultimately won't care who SLEEPS where, but they do care who BOOKS where.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #4
mommyz
Mouseketeer
 
mommyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 259

That's what I thought. I would have to be in one room. Unfortunately we are NOT even going...I wish we were. We were planning on going 2014 but so far the rates are absurd. I think that may have been our last cruise
__________________
MommyZ
with DaddyZ, DS(10), DD (4) and DD(1)

Disney cruise 3nt 9/03
Disney cruise 7nt 9/04 cancelled b/c hurricanes
RCL cruise 1/05
Disney cruise 7nt 3/05
Disneyland 5/05
Disney cruise 7nt 9/07
Disneyworld 11/09
Carnival cruise 7nt 4/2011
Disney cruise (Fantasy) 7nt 6/2012




mommyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 33,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyz View Post
That's what I thought. I would have to be in one room. Unfortunately we are NOT even going...I wish we were. We were planning on going 2014 but so far the rates are absurd. I think that may have been our last cruise
Many of us didn't book any 2014 based on the rates. You can still move your onboard booking as a placeholder....keep it there in the event that you do decide to cruise again.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #6
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 9,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyz View Post

. . . Unfortunately we are NOT even going
Then your friends cannot use your OBB discount and credit.

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #7
mommyz
Mouseketeer
 
mommyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 259

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Many of us didn't book any 2014 based on the rates. You can still move your onboard booking as a placeholder....keep it there in the event that you do decide to cruise again.
That's our plan. It's only a $75 deposit so no biggie. I am waiting to see the rest of 2014 dates. I really hope we can afford it but so far the cheapest is almost $9k for our family. We can go to Europe for that much!

Crossing my fingers
__________________
MommyZ
with DaddyZ, DS(10), DD (4) and DD(1)

Disney cruise 3nt 9/03
Disney cruise 7nt 9/04 cancelled b/c hurricanes
RCL cruise 1/05
Disney cruise 7nt 3/05
Disneyland 5/05
Disney cruise 7nt 9/07
Disneyworld 11/09
Carnival cruise 7nt 4/2011
Disney cruise (Fantasy) 7nt 6/2012




mommyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #8
NancyIL
DIS Veteran
 
NancyIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 23,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
The only way you can do this is to put one of them in the cabin with you and one with DH...and they still won't get the 10% off (only those people named at the time of the booking will get the discount). DCL ultimately won't care who SLEEPS where, but they do care who BOOKS where.
When I changed a dummy booking for myself to another cruise for 2 people - both of us got the 10% discount.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #9
kcashner
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 33,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
When I changed a dummy booking for myself to another cruise for 2 people - both of us got the 10% discount.
A couple weeks ago, we tried to add ...know what, you are right. What happened was that we had to add our person at the "now" rate less 10%...which was higher than what we had paid for the first 2 people in the room.

Sorry...I knew we were trying to add a person and were getting not what I wanted. We had 2 additional placeholders that the onboard booking agent had convinced me to put in one name only--after seeing what it was costing to add number 3, to our 2 person cruise, we canceled these 1 person cruises because we had lost the ability to add at the "booking day" cost. We didn't lose the 10%. My mistake.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #10
NancyIL
DIS Veteran
 
NancyIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 23,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
A couple weeks ago, we tried to add ...know what, you are right. What happened was that we had to add our person at the "now" rate less 10%...which was higher than what we had paid for the first 2 people in the room.

Sorry...I knew we were trying to add a person and were getting not what I wanted. We had 2 additional placeholders that the onboard booking agent had convinced me to put in one name only--after seeing what it was costing to add number 3, to our 2 person cruise, we canceled these 1 person cruises because we had lost the ability to add at the "booking day" cost. We didn't lose the 10%. My mistake.
I understand what you're saying: when you add people after prices have gone up, the 10% discount will still be available, but it may not make up for the higher cruise cost.

I just booked onboard for myself - with the intention of moving it to late 2014 cruise once those dates are released. However, now that single occupancy is 200% of the double occupancy rate, I could've booked 2 people (second person TBA) for a deposit of only $7.20 more than what I paid for 1 person!
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.