Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
Wismgari
Earning My Ears

Cost of the photos at DC

Hi all,

I have recently discovered Discovery Cove - wow!! I have just about talked my DBF into a day there in April when we take our first Disney vacation! I was just wondering if anyone knew how much the photo packages were or where we could find this information? I am probably interested in the cheapest package they have available - I assume just a photo CD? Thanks all
Wismgari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
SYDCOLEMOM
Mouseketeer

We bought the cheapest package last May and it was $169.34. This included the disc, frame, 2 key chains and I believe 6 prints. I thought it was expensive. I wish they would just sell the disc. The pics are wonderful and such a fantastic memory. We are going again this May and Im not sure we will buy them again. Last year I took a waterproof camera and took tons of great pics underwater etc. They do not allow cameras when doing the dolphin swim but I sat on the beach and zoomed in to take pics of my daughter and husband. That is probably what I will stick to this year. Discovery Cove was our best vacation day EVER ! I cant wait to return!!
SYDCOLEMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 05:19 AM   #3
Wismgari
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYDCOLEMOM View Post
We bought the cheapest package last May and it was $169.34. This included the disc, frame, 2 key chains and I believe 6 prints. I thought it was expensive. I wish they would just sell the disc. The pics are wonderful and such a fantastic memory. We are going again this May and Im not sure we will buy them again. Last year I took a waterproof camera and took tons of great pics underwater etc. They do not allow cameras when doing the dolphin swim but I sat on the beach and zoomed in to take pics of my daughter and husband. That is probably what I will stick to this year. Discovery Cove was our best vacation day EVER ! I cant wait to return!!
Wow, that is so expensive!! Thank you for the information. Like you I only really want the CD! Oh well, I guess I will decide on the day, but will probably end up purchasing it as it is the only way I will have photos of me with the dolphin! Thanks so much for your help
Old 03-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

This thread might give you a better idea of the photo options available to you. Prices are from November 2012, so its pretty recent information:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....=photo+package

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #5
Wismgari
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
This thread might give you a better idea of the photo options available to you. Prices are from November 2012, so its pretty recent information:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....=photo+package
Thank you for your help!
Old 03-13-2013, 05:37 PM   #6
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

We bought the adventure package for $159 and my DH almost had a stroke when I told him how much the pictures were going to cost. Especially after we had already spent $1,500 for the 5 of us to have the Dolphin swim day there. But I told him there is no way we can have a once in a lifetime experience like that and NOT get the pics. We just had to.

For me the $159 package worked best because it gave you prints and the cd but I didn't care for the poster and dvd so the next higher package was more stuff than I needed.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: