Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #31
hbg4
Ask me where I'm going on my next vacation ? Disney World of course

I've forgotten to pack Nightwear and swim suits one cruise. Fortunately we had a night's stay in WDW. So having a car drove over to the Disney store in Orlando premium outlet and bought discounted swim pants, T-shirts, night clothes. We also had to run over to the Nike store to get the swim tops since the Disney store didn't have everything. It was a very nice cheap shopping spree.
Another time I had forgotten a whole bag of clothes in the trunk of the car. Fortunately I had distributed clothes for my DD and I among the other suitcase I did remember to take.
6 cruises on Disney Magic
9 cruises on Disney Dream
2 cruises on Disney Wonder
1 cruise on the Disney Fantasy
hbg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #32
Munkamamacallie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDisneyDuo View Post
I have, on various cruises, forgotten: OTC medications, underwear, socks, hairspray (wife), toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, shaving cream, deodorant, and Stitch.
I read this quickly the 1st time & thought you forgot your wife!
Munkamamacallie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #33
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

On my first cruise I left my sun screen in the hotel I stayed in before the cruise.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #34
Baliezer
DIS Veteran

I once bought disposable sippy cups to use instead of bottles on our cruise. As we pulled away from shore, I unpacked them to find they we actually snack cups!! I went into panic mode and we quickly had to teach our then baby how to drink from a straw.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #35
Cats12
Mouseketeer

My DD (2 at the time) slept with her crib aquarium, to the extent that we went to the trouble of taking the whole bulky thing with us. Wouldn't you know as we pulled out of the last port, with CC and day at sea ahead of us, the batteries went dead. None in the shops, none at guest services. None at CC the next day. Finally thought to check the kids clubs and they cheerfully sent us an 8 pack. We always checked batteries after that!!

Cats12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:43 PM   #36
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkamamacallie View Post
I read this quickly the 1st time & thought you forgot your wife!
Me too
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:14 AM   #37
redsonja76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeandMaddysMomma View Post
I thought it could be funny/useful to hear about what people have forgotten to pack on previous cruises!

So, what did you forget to pack?
Um, we forgot our 5 year old's bathing suit!!! She was in tears thinking she wouldn't be able to swim the whole trip. Luckily the gift shop had her size!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:16 AM   #38
redsonja76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAmyLu View Post
Once for a spur of the moment trip I forgot to pack my husband underwear.....a quick trip to target the next morning fixed that. He was not a happy camper
On our last cruise out of Venice I forgot underwear for myself. There are no targets in Venice! I ended up buying some VERY fancy frilly underwear because that's the only kind I could find in Venice!
Old 01-26-2013, 02:19 AM   #39
jlima
Beep Beep!

On our last Disney vacation DH left behind his iPod. He had put 4 audio books and several music CD that he got from the local library plus Christmas music for the holidays on it; and he left it in our bedroom the morning we left. At the airport, I downloaded 2 Christmas CDs so we did have some holiday music to listen to in our cabin.

He also forgot to pack his "favorite" cup - a reuseable plastic cup with a screw-on lid that he was planning on using for soda. We ended up buying a tall insulated cup in the parks.

Port Orleans Nov 91 (Honeymoon!) • Dolphin Nov 99 • Dolphin & 7 day Magic cruise July 01 • HRH & Poly June 04 • HRH May 05 • West Coast Magic Cruise June 05 • HRH Sept 06 • Wilderness Lodge July 07 • West Coast Magic Cruise June 08 • HRH & Coronado Springs Dec 08 • HRH, Wilderness Lodge & 6 day Christmas Magic Cruise '11 • DL AP holder since 1989!!
jlima is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: