Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

2012 "What's on National's Emerald Aisle?"

Happy New Year!

Starting over for the new year, once again.

Let's have a great thread!

Link to 2011 year thread! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post43593540

mky

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
Humphrey1227
Mouseketeer

what time of day do you think they have more options for cars? I have been there late late night and I know there was just a few cars. Thanks, Humphrey
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #3
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

I have to agree. We always do much better early in the morning. next trip will be at night. I am hoping for good luck and something unique.

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
Old 01-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #4
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran

I was expecting miminal selection when we got in a 8:30p after reading the boards but was pleasantly surprised to find the Em and Exec aisles full.

Granted, there was no mini van, but you are never guarenteed one, and there were 3 SUVs including a Yukon. Frankly, we've always found the offered options to be more than adequate [after all, we only need one car ] what ever time we arrive. Good luck!
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Karlzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #5
tinkerbell423
Mouseketeer

Can you explain the Emerald Aisle to me DH and I read about it on Nationals website last night but we still don't get it
tinkerbell423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #6
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Looking forward to another year of posting on this thread! We leave in about 2 weeks, so will post back my finds on Jan. 18th -- noon pickup.

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
jerlove
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell423 View Post
Can you explain the Emerald Aisle to me DH and I read about it on Nationals website last night but we still don't get it
With Nationals emerald aisle you get to bypass the counter and choose your own car from what is available in the Emerald Aisle. You only need to book and pay for a mid size car and then you choose from what ever is in the aisle and still only pay for the mid size car.

To use the Emerald Aisle you must be a emerald club member which you can sign up for on line at nationalcar.com

To use the executive aisle which tends to have nicer larger vehicles you need to have earned that status either thru invite or by the number of times you have rented from National or Enterprise.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions on the program.
Jan 12-CBR
Nov 12-POR
Jan 15- AKL and BC

jerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerlove View Post
With Nationals emerald aisle you get to bypass the counter and choose your own car from what is available in the Emerald Aisle. You only need to book and pay for a mid size car and then you choose from what ever is in the aisle and still only pay for the mid size car.

To use the Emerald Aisle you must be a emerald club member which you can sign up for on line at nationalcar.com

To use the executive aisle which tends to have nicer larger vehicles you need to have earned that status either thru invite or by the number of times you have rented from National or Enterprise.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions on the program.
Executive and Executive Elite status:
Rent your way to even more rewards and recognition.

Emerald Club Executive® status is yours with 12 paid rentals or 40 paid rental days in a calendar year. You'll enjoy all the benefits of Emerald Club® membership plus a higher level of privileges, including:

•Choice of Fullsize or better cars from our exclusive Executive area.
•Guaranteed upgrades: You always pay for one car class less than the car you reserved.
•One Free Rental Day with six rental credits.
Emerald Club Executive Elite® status is attainable with 25 paid rentals or 85 paid rental days in a calendar year. You'll enjoy all the benefits of Executive status plus:

•A guaranteed car (up to a Fullsize) with 24-hour notice.
•Vehicle delivery to most private airport terminals at many U.S. National locations.
•One Free Rental Day (any car class with no blackout dates) with just five rental credits.

VIP is by invitation, Exec. and Elite are by paid rentals only. I do not think that Enterprise rentals count towards your status. I may be wrong but that was never mentioned in training.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #9
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell423 View Post
This explains it quite well. https://www.nationalcar.com/?action=emcIndex
Old 01-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #10
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey1227 View Post
what time of day do you think they have more options for cars? I have been there late late night and I know there was just a few cars. Thanks, Humphrey
It depends entirely on the time of year and the day of the week. At busy times, night time will find a low selection, at a calm time of year, the aisle will have a larger selection. The week between Christmas and New Year's this year was VERY VERY busy and the selection was unique to say the least.
This week, the returns are higher than the rentals, so, the selection will be more normal at all times of the day.

While this thread is very interesting and enjoyable to read, it really has no concrete bearing on what you will find on any given day. What you will find is at least midsize (what you reserved) and possibly something much higher.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #11
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

We arrive in 9 days so I am anxious to hear what people find in the Aisle this week. We arrive at 10:30pm this time so we are a little bit concerned. An Impala would be fine though especially since it's what we drive at home but a mini-van or SUV would be even better since we will have 5 people and luggage to fit in it.
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Last edited by Disneylvr; 01-02-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Disneylvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #12
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I typically arrive around noon and there has almost always been a large selection. I've probably used it at least 20 times and can only remember once that I did not get a full size (I didn't want anything larger than that).
Old 01-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #13
jerlove
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
Executive and Executive Elite status:
Rent your way to even more rewards and recognition.

Emerald Club Executive® status is yours with 12 paid rentals or 40 paid rental days in a calendar year. You'll enjoy all the benefits of Emerald Club® membership plus a higher level of privileges, including:

•Choice of Fullsize or better cars from our exclusive Executive area.
•Guaranteed upgrades: You always pay for one car class less than the car you reserved.
•One Free Rental Day with six rental credits.
Emerald Club Executive Elite® status is attainable with 25 paid rentals or 85 paid rental days in a calendar year. You'll enjoy all the benefits of Executive status plus:

•A guaranteed car (up to a Fullsize) with 24-hour notice.
•Vehicle delivery to most private airport terminals at many U.S. National locations.
•One Free Rental Day (any car class with no blackout dates) with just five rental credits.

VIP is by invitation, Exec. and Elite are by paid rentals only. I do not think that Enterprise rentals count towards your status. I may be wrong but that was never mentioned in training.
It sounds like we may have the same employer.

You can earn credits with Enterprise you just cant burn the credits with Enterprise.

But as always for official information the website is the best place to get it. I am not on this site in an official capacity. Purely for my own information to help plan my personal trips. If I can help here and there I do my best.
Jan 12-CBR
Nov 12-POR
Jan 15- AKL and BC

jerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #14
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerlove View Post
It sounds like we may have the same employer.

You can earn credits with Enterprise you just cant burn the credits with Enterprise.

But as always for official information the website is the best place to get it. I am not on this site in an official capacity. Purely for my own information to help plan my personal trips. If I can help here and there I do my best.
Nice to know that you can earn the credits with Enterprise, wonder why that was never mentioned in training. Thanks for the info. I am thinking we may have the same employer too. I am not here in an official capacity either, just to help out the folks here.
Have a great day.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #15
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

bumping up

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: