Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 05:46 AM   #106
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Great view from that room. Congrats on the upgrade.

VEGAS!!! Yeah, baby!

Your pictures of the hotels are great. Looking forward to reading more.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #107
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

I looked up the song from the fountain. Apparently that is the song that Will Ferrel sings at the end of Step Brothers...so it is now in my head.
OhioStateBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #108
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Great shots of Vegas and yay for getting a room upgrade
Thanks! We were so thrilled. Talk about a great way to spend our one night there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Gumdrop View Post
Congrats on the upgrade! The Bellagio fountain just looks amazing. I am glad that calzone won't be your last. As someone who can choke on nothing at all, I commiserate.
The fountain really was amazing. I was glad that it lived up to my memories after more than ten years since my last visit. And I'm glad I didn't die choking on that calzone either. It would have been a sad way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Great view from that room. Congrats on the upgrade.

VEGAS!!! Yeah, baby!

Your pictures of the hotels are great. Looking forward to reading more.
The view was so awesome! As you can see, we didn't exactly take Vegas by storm, but it was still fun. At least we got to see all the best hotels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
I looked up the song from the fountain. Apparently that is the song that Will Ferrel sings at the end of Step Brothers...so it is now in my head.
It totally is that song. You're welcome.
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report
We Moved to Disneyland!! Now What…? Stories from New DLR Locals
tayalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:44 PM   #109
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Chapter 18
Vegas, Baby!

Click here to read more.
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report

Last edited by tayalltheway; 08-08-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #110
PrincessInOz
in

I still think you had fun in Vegas. You covered a bit of ground in your time there and still managed to spend time at the slots.

It is so easy to 'break the bank' in Vegas.....and I mean 'our' bank account; not theirs.

Glad you're on your final leg to SoCal.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 03-30-2013, 10:29 AM   #111
Cheshirecatty
DIS Veteran

I am waiting with bated breath for you to get to Orange County. What a great adventure you two are sharing with us--I love it!
Cheshirecatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #112
burly
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you still managed to make it a little fun in LasVegas....

looking forward to more.
Here's hoping you found something magical to deal with your health issue...
I also have a chronic illness and know how ANNOYING it is......

KIM
burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #113
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Love the pics. I really wanted to go swimming when I looked at the pics of the gondolias lol
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #114
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Lovely photos of the Venetian
We stayed there a few years ago and it really is a lovely hotel
Looking forward to the next installment
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:29 AM   #115
yupikgal
DIS Veteran

I'mSo excited to read the "final" chapter!! Please please hurry! Happy Easter to you both, by the way! (And to Duffy & Dumbo too)
DL, CA, DD Feb 23-26, 2012 Paradise Pier!!
Going back to DL & Southern California! 5/26-6/10, 2011
Anaheim/Disneyland/Las Vegas! May 21-June 3, 2010
Disneyland, California Adventure (Anaheim) San Diego August 8-12, 13-16, 2009
Disneyworld, D Wonder & Universal Studios: Oct. 2003
Polynesian Resort, Royal Pacific Resort
Disneyland: November 1999
Disneyworld: October 1994

yupikgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:33 PM   #116
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

Really crazy question, but was the first photo of your wife (in your very first post in this thread) taken along the river in Estes Park, CO? If so, that's one of my very favorite places in this world to sit and get lost in my thoughts.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:38 PM   #117
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

Oops, I just read more of your TR and I figure it probably is, and that you stayed at Elkhorn Lodge. Was that place not the biggest dump ever?!?! DH and I stayed there right before Halloween in supposedly the "haunted" room - nothing happened - but the whole place was in such a state of disrepair and the bathroom was so disgusting. Normally we stay at the Stanley when we go for the weekend, but had a Groupon for this. Lesson learned.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:53 AM   #118
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I still think you had fun in Vegas. You covered a bit of ground in your time there and still managed to spend time at the slots.

It is so easy to 'break the bank' in Vegas.....and I mean 'our' bank account; not theirs.

Glad you're on your final leg to SoCal.
We definitely had fun in Vegas, though I'd like to make a longer trip out of it next time. We definitely only scratched the surface and I'm dying to see some of the shows out there. Even if we do go again, I think we'll continue to set pretty low spending limits for ourselves on gambling. I wish we could break "their bank!" Hope you enjoy the last portion of the road trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshirecatty View Post
I am waiting with bated breath for you to get to Orange County. What a great adventure you two are sharing with us--I love it!
Hopefully it will live up to the anticipation once we arrive! We've definitely had some fun adventures since getting here. Thank you for reading along! I'm glad you're enjoying it

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
Sounds like you still managed to make it a little fun in LasVegas....

looking forward to more.
Here's hoping you found something magical to deal with your health issue...
I also have a chronic illness and know how ANNOYING it is......

KIM
Vegas was definitely fun if a little overwhelming. Hope you enjoy hearing about the next leg of the adventure!

No magical cure unfortunately so far for my health issues, but here's hoping you and I both feel better sometime soon! "Annoying" is right!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Love the pics. I really wanted to go swimming when I looked at the pics of the gondolias lol
I wouldn't suggest swimming in those canals. Since it is Vegas, I imagine they're not the most sanitary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Lovely photos of the Venetian
We stayed there a few years ago and it really is a lovely hotel
Looking forward to the next installment
The Venetian was just beautiful! Of all the themed hotels, I think it's my favorite because it's just so well done. I'd love to stay there someday. I'm sure it's grand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupikgal View Post
I'mSo excited to read the "final" chapter!! Please please hurry! Happy Easter to you both, by the way! (And to Duffy & Dumbo too)
Hope you enjoy the "final" chapter, though it's definitely FAR from the last part of the story. I've got lots more coming your way, including (eventually) actual Disney-related updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmaLou View Post
Really crazy question, but was the first photo of your wife (in your very first post in this thread) taken along the river in Estes Park, CO? If so, that's one of my very favorite places in this world to sit and get lost in my thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmaLou View Post
Oops, I just read more of your TR and I figure it probably is, and that you stayed at Elkhorn Lodge. Was that place not the biggest dump ever?!?! DH and I stayed there right before Halloween in supposedly the "haunted" room - nothing happened - but the whole place was in such a state of disrepair and the bathroom was so disgusting. Normally we stay at the Stanley when we go for the weekend, but had a Groupon for this. Lesson learned.
Yup, Estes it is. The whole town is one of Tracy and my favorite places in the world. We love that area along the creek.

We didn't actually stay at Elkhorn Lodge, but you can read about our experience with their "haunted hay ride." It's definitely a bit of a dump. I honestly can't imagine staying there; sounds like quite a mess. I'd love to stay at the Stanley though. It's so pretty there!

Old 04-03-2013, 02:00 AM   #119
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Chapter 19
Going Home?

Click here to read more.

Last edited by tayalltheway; 08-08-2014 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:01 AM   #120
PrincessInOz
in

That stretch of road is rather uninteresting and it seems like it hasn't changed at all. YAY for reaching your final destination.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: