Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 07:02 AM   #286
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Your pictures of Crookshanks and Twilight are adorable. We have two cats at home; even if we are mostly dog people. They have a way of worming their way to your heart.

Dogs have owners, cats have staff!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:14 AM   #287
Luisa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
They have a way of worming their way to your heart.

Agreed, I also have two with very big personalities, and one of them looks exactly like Twilight. I've always looked for the Disneyland cats but no luck so far.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Dec '99 & Dec '05 - Disneyland, Oct '08 - Disneyland Hong Kong, Dec '09 - WDW, 2011 - turned 40 at Disneyland in January!, Dec '11 - Tokyo Disneyland, Dec '12 WDW & Disneyland, Nov 2013 Return to Disneyland!, Nov/Dec 2015 -my mums first Disney experience - and another Disneyland visit for me!
Luisa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #288
RI Disney Star
Mouseketeer

Disneyland cats! I love it. I'll be sure to look when I go.

I currently have 4 cats. 3 black and 1 calico. We just seem to pick them up along the way. My whole life I've always had a cat, most of the time more than 1. I also have a dog (collie), a bunny and a fish tank. Big animals lovers in this house.

I quickly learned you don't own a cat....they own you!

Happy New Year TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212814

WDW - 1978 Fort Wilderness, 1991 Caribbean Beach Resort, 1998 Port Orleans, 2008 All Star Sports, 2009 Off Site, 2011 Off Site, 2012 Coronado Springs Resort

Disneyland - 1967, 2014 Paradise Pier
RI Disney Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:33 AM   #289
Orbitron
Mouseketeer

Location: 350 miles away from Disneyland Paris and 6000 miles away from Disneyland California

We once saw a cat at California Adventure, when there still was the California Zephyr Train near the entrance. She was hiding in front of the engine, there were even some cute kittens.

Orbitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:47 AM   #290
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayalltheway View Post

We kept wishing he would come over to our table, but he was pretty focused on the kids. Stupid children, ruining everything in Disneyland. Just kidding… sort of.

As two adults with no kids, I completely relate to this sentiment!

I love that you made her the 'Ohana Bread Pudding even if it didn't have the bananas Foster sauce, how sweet!

You two really work it! I remember being your age and trying to find as many things we could do for free. I never got meals though, I always had to make those myself!

I love your post about the kitties, I won't say how many that we have but, I think we have all your posters combined beat in kitties. I wasn't counting though so not sure. We are suckers for kitties. We GET them and just love them, thank goodness we have no allergies. We have them in all shapes, sizes, colors and personalities!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:13 AM   #291
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

I love that you made her the 'Ohana Bread Pudding even if it didn't have the bananas Foster sauce, how sweet!

You two really work it! I remember being your age and trying to find as many things we could do for free. I never got meals though, I always had to make those myself!

I love your post about the kitties, I won't say how many that we have but, I think we have all your posters combined beat in kitties. I wasn't counting though so not sure. We are suckers for kitties. We GET them and just love them, thank goodness we have no allergies. We have them in all shapes, sizes, colors and personalities!
DS is going to be 13 when we next hit Disney. It's going to be interesting to see if the characters come to our table with him half-grown up.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 06-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #292
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
DS is going to be 13 when we next hit Disney. It's going to be interesting to see if the characters come to our table with him half-grown up.
We do at least one character meal every WDW trip and have been to Goofy's Kitchen before. We have never had a problem with the characters passing us by (well the first time around), but once I have the pictures I'm OK if they pass us the second time....and the third.....we tend to linger at the buffets to get our full money's worth.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:08 AM   #293
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieDisneyNut View Post
Thanks for the updates. I love bread pudding and have a fantastically easily yet sublimely delicious recipe if you want one! In fact I made it just the other night with some beautiful brioche which I bought from our local "Good Food & Wine Show". Yum!

I have a theory on your new freelance job ... you are the cats of Disneyland and are actually twittering and blogging on their behalf! Am I right??

Hope you are enjoying your new quasi-pets.
Please do give me your recipe. Tracy is OBSESSED with bread puddings, and I'm sure she'd appreciate it if I tried to make a new one for her!

If only blogging/tweeting were a paying job... If I WERE to be in any way affiliated with the Disneyland Cats, it would be purely for the fun of it and a love of cats

We do still enjoy our new friends. Even if they don't always enjoy us...

Quote:
Your pictures of Crookshanks and Twilight are adorable. We have two cats at home; even if we are mostly dog people. They have a way of worming their way to your heart.

Glad you enjoy "our" cats. They are definitely good at worming their way in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisa View Post
Agreed, I also have two with very big personalities, and one of them looks exactly like Twilight. I've always looked for the Disneyland cats but no luck so far.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
We think Twilight is so cute. I've definitely fallen in love with the short-haired black cat after knowing her. Sounds like you've got some good kitties on your hands! The Disneyland Cat sighting game becomes easier once you figure out where to look. They are always alongside the trams, for instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RI Disney Star View Post
Disneyland cats! I love it. I'll be sure to look when I go.

I currently have 4 cats. 3 black and 1 calico. We just seem to pick them up along the way. My whole life I've always had a cat, most of the time more than 1. I also have a dog (collie), a bunny and a fish tank. Big animals lovers in this house.

I quickly learned you don't own a cat....they own you!
You definitely have to look for the Disneyland Cats. I'm sure you'll be able to spot at least a couple.

That sounds like quite the horde of animals in your home. I'm jealous!!

And yes, we definitely learned that we have to cater to the kitties (even if their not ours) as opposed to the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbitron View Post
We once saw a cat at California Adventure, when there still was the California Zephyr Train near the entrance. She was hiding in front of the engine, there were even some cute kittens.
That sounds like a very good Disneyland Cat sighting! Especially the kittens. I know they try to capture and adopt out any kittens that are accidentally born, so they're pretty rare.

Quote:

Our first bread pudding attempt was definitely a success. We really enjoyed it even without the bananas.

We are, indeed, QUITE good at finding things to do for free/cheap. We've been on the hunt for that kind of thing for so long that we have developed a sort of radar that points us toward good deals.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed hearing about our cats. It must be quite interesting to actually have a horde of kitties at home. I'm sure they keep life exciting!

Quote:
Quote:
We do at least one character meal every WDW trip and have been to Goofy's Kitchen before. We have never had a problem with the characters passing us by (well the first time around), but once I have the pictures I'm OK if they pass us the second time....and the third.....we tend to linger at the buffets to get our full money's worth.
We've never had any problems with characters ignoring us at meals even though we're both all the way grown up. They do always treat us slightly different than the families with kids though. We probably get slightly less time with each character, but we're usually just looking for a picture and a minute or so of interaction...
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report
We Moved to Disneyland!! Now What…? Stories from New DLR Locals
tayalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:20 AM   #294
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Chapter 39
Odds and Ends

Click here to read more.
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report

Last edited by tayalltheway; 11-21-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:10 AM   #295
PrincessInOz
in

I'm enjoying vicariously living in SoCal in Jan. A day at Newport Beach is great right about now.

Your bread and butter pudding looks great! I might have to make some soon.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #296
Fluff724
Mouseketeer

I love Greek too. I just discovered Switched at Birth from ABC Family on Netflix and that is great too.

I am loving your report.
Fluff724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:46 AM   #297
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Hello Taylor and Tracy! I've been following your report and just love your positive spirits, creativity and resourcefulness! My husband and I have three boys - two of them are teens very involved in drama and interested in learning all they can about various college theater programs, the Disney college program and job opportunities with Disney. The detailed and honest information you've shared regarding your experiences (and the great example of your positive outlook) has been really helpful to them - thank you!

I hope you and Tracy will consider giving Newport another try! Just in case you haven't been back yet and would consider a return, here's a thread I created last year: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2895078.

Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #298
laur roo
Mouseketeer

First off, that bread pudding looks YUM! I haven't had the WDW version either, but I love me some berries, and that looks fantastic! I sometimes merge two recipes too, if I don't like either of them 100%. But let me go wipe the drool from my keyboard...

Okay, back. Second, P&R filmed right by where you live??? That's really cool, even if you didn't get to see it. I love Amy Poehler like, a lot (second only in my love of Tina Fey (RIP 30 Rock )) and her portrayal of Leslie is one of my favorite performances of late. Just lots of funny, all the time. I like most all the characters on P&R, so it makes for good tv watchings!

And lastly, I also love both Greek and Gilmore Girls. I too watched Greek on Netflix, I think last year and I really like the characters on that as well. Not the typical college show, but that's what's nice about it. And I have been considering re-watching GG lately (I have them all on DVD) and I think I'm going too since I haven't seen them in forever. That's one of my all time favorite shows!

Looking forward to more adventures!

Oh, and ps, Tracy Tree is CREEPY! I have always thought so. Whenever she talks and I'm near her, I move away quickly. Good concept (teaching us things), bad execution (CREEPY!!!!).

July 1990: Off Site July 1992: Caribbean Beach July 1994: Dixie Landings July 1996: Dixie Landings July/Aug 2000: Treehouse Villas
June 2007: All Star Music Dec 2008: French Quarter Dec 2009: Yacht Club Dec 2010: French Quarter Jan/Feb 2012: Riverside & Beach Club

My PTR: 9 trips out of 10 - A quick 3.5 day PTR - Jan 2012
My Dining Review: One Veggie and One Not Eat the Whole World...Showcase That Is!
My TR: We Walked How Many Steps Between The Festival And The Fiesta? A Jan '12 TR!
laur roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:35 AM   #299
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm enjoying vicariously living in SoCal in Jan. A day at Newport Beach is great right about now.

Your bread and butter pudding looks great! I might have to make some soon.
There are definitely worse ways to spend a day in January. We were Instagramming pictures from our sunny 80-degree day while it was snowing in both New York and Colorado

Glad you like the look of our bread pudding! Hope you get to enjoy some soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff724 View Post
I love Greek too. I just discovered Switched at Birth from ABC Family on Netflix and that is great too.

I am loving your report.
I should watch an episode of Switched at Birth and I'm sure I'd get hooked. I'm a sucker for ABC Family shows!

I'm glad you're enjoying the report! Thanks for reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Hello Taylor and Tracy! I've been following your report and just love your positive spirits, creativity and resourcefulness! My husband and I have three boys - two of them are teens very involved in drama and interested in learning all they can about various college theater programs, the Disney college program and job opportunities with Disney. The detailed and honest information you've shared regarding your experiences (and the great example of your positive outlook) has been really helpful to them - thank you!

I hope you and Tracy will consider giving Newport another try! Just in case you haven't been back yet and would consider a return, here's a thread I created last year: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2895078.

Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures!
I'm so glad that you're enjoying and learning from the report! Thanks so much for reading along! I don't know how much help I'd be, but if you or your kids ever have any questions about getting a theatre degree, I went to NYU for musical theatre, so I'd be happy to try to answer. I can't recommend doing the Disney College Program highly enough based on what I've read about it. It's one thing we really wish we could have done in school.

We are absolutely planning on giving Newport another try. Hopefully next week, in fact, because Tracy's parents are visiting. The thread you sent me is fantastic!! I just read through it once, but now I need to comb through and make some notes so that we can make the most out of heading to Newport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laur roo View Post
First off, that bread pudding looks YUM! I haven't had the WDW version either, but I love me some berries, and that looks fantastic! I sometimes merge two recipes too, if I don't like either of them 100%. But let me go wipe the drool from my keyboard...

Okay, back. Second, P&R filmed right by where you live??? That's really cool, even if you didn't get to see it. I love Amy Poehler like, a lot (second only in my love of Tina Fey (RIP 30 Rock )) and her portrayal of Leslie is one of my favorite performances of late. Just lots of funny, all the time. I like most all the characters on P&R, so it makes for good tv watchings!

And lastly, I also love both Greek and Gilmore Girls. I too watched Greek on Netflix, I think last year and I really like the characters on that as well. Not the typical college show, but that's what's nice about it. And I have been considering re-watching GG lately (I have them all on DVD) and I think I'm going too since I haven't seen them in forever. That's one of my all time favorite shows!

Looking forward to more adventures!

Oh, and ps, Tracy Tree is CREEPY! I have always thought so. Whenever she talks and I'm near her, I move away quickly. Good concept (teaching us things), bad execution (CREEPY!!!!).
Glad you like the look of our bread pudding. Posting the pictures/recipe made me crave it again, so we might end up making it again soon!

We definitely love P&R. It's probably my favorite comedy on TV right now. So you can imagine that it was pretty cool to at least see the remnants of their filming and then to see Orange in the episode a few months later.

I definitely loved that Greek wasn't a typical college show either. Plus, since I really didn't have the regular "college experience" going to school in NYC, the whole life they portrayed just fascinated me. We also have the whole series of GG on DVD and need to whip it out again sometime. Great show. Especially the first few seasons.

Tracy is just mad that she has to share a name with Tracy Tree. Stupid alliteration ruining everything...

Hope you keep enjoying our hijinks!

Old 06-29-2013, 02:44 AM   #300
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Chapter 40
Branching Out

Click here to read more.

Last edited by tayalltheway; 12-16-2014 at 04:01 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: