Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 01:31 AM   #1
pens4821
Mouseketeer

Blue Heron/Staybridge Suites/Villa

Planning a trip in early 2014. Just curious if anyone as any thoughts on the the Blue Heron condo's, Staybridge Suites, or renting a villa through villadirect.

Blue Heron looks to be the nicest. Great balcony views, and close to the parks. They offer a King/King 2 bedroom unit, which would work great for us.

Staybridge suites also looks nice. Also two bedrooms with a kitchen. Like the privacy of a balcony at the BH, but like the added bonus of a free breakfast at Staybridge.

Also considering a villa. The other two rank higher for us, but having the room/privacy of a house (plus it can be a bit cheaper depending on house) makes it a consideration.

The other option is getting two rooms at a value resort in Disney. While I don't like the idea or two hotel rooms (coupled with the exta price of around $800), I would like the convenience of staying on site.

I'm very early in my planning, but the more thoughts I get the easier it'll be for me to make a decision.
pens4821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:57 AM   #2
sue and co
Mouseketeer

We are about to go on a last minute trip to WDW and had originally thought that we would try the Blue Heron but when we looked at it further it was not only cheaper (abouit $500) to rent a villa for two weeks but we get our own heated pool, games room and full laundry facilities as well as a kitchen (the kitchen bit we would have got from Blue Heron) so we decided on that option. The downside is that we are slightly further away from the parks but as we are renting a car and drive everywhere anyway because of my disability this is not an issue for us personally.

It is really down to you as to what is most important - space, amenities, distance from parks.
sue and co is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
richmo
DIS Veteran

Staybridge Suites is nice. We stayed there a few nights pre-cruise a couple of years ago.

If a Saturday to Saturday rental would work for you, also consider a Windsor Hills condo...see vacationcentralflorida (.com)...you can save a pile over Disney and the location, pool, etc. is excellent.
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:22 PM   #4
pens4821
Mouseketeer

Thank you for your thoughts. I really like the villa idea (as that was my first thought) but figuring we won't spend that much time there so the space may not be needed.

I've only seen villadirect, so I'll check into the site you gave me rich. Any other sites that rent villas? Are all these rental sites reputations good? Villadirect doesn't seem to get the best reviews from what I've read. As much as I want to do the villa thing, I feel much more comfortable staying at a hotel/condo with a front desk incase there is an issue.

Can't believe how hard it is to just decide on where to stay. If I had unlimited budget, I'd stay at a deluxe disney resort, but unfortunetly that's not an option. Really, my only disney option is two rooms at a value resort, which I'm not big on.
pens4821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #5
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

We've stayed at both Staybridge Suites and we prefer the on on I-Drive over the one in Buena Vista. But both offered very roomy 2 bedroom suites with a fully-stocked kitchen and free breakfast every day. We got ours for $99 a night! What a deal!

I will say that the breakfast gets very tedious, but what do you want for nothing?

We prefer to stay on-site but on our last trip we had my DD and MIL and really needed two rooms/ two bathrooms. The Staybridge Suites fit the bill perfectly.
MHSweb79 is offline   Reply With Quote