Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2014, 02:20 PM   #1
Mrs Grumpy
DIS Veteran

Our First Trip to Disneyland PTR/TR - May 2014

Well the title about says it all. I need help! DH and I are making our first and probably only trip to Disneyland in May (hopefully - will explain later).

First I will get the introductions out of the way.

Me: 42 years old and love everything Disney like most people on here. My favorite part about a trip is actually the planning. I actually get depressed when the trip approaches because I know it is almost all over. I have been to WDW 6 times now (not nearly enough).

DH - 42 years old and I made him a Disney fan! I talked him into making our first trip to WDW in 2006. He wasn't all that excited but now he can't get enough! Talk about a grown up that turns back into a kid once he crosses under that Walt Disney World sign! Here are some pictures from our past trip in September.

So there we are! I will be back later with what we have planned so far and probably many questions that I will need help with as a first time DL visitor.

Links to Updates
Part 2 - Explaining the "hopefully" going part of my introduction and picking our dates

Last edited by Mrs Grumpy; 01-14-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Mrs Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #2
Woodview
Mouseketeer

42 Old for Disney ...... Never ...Think Positive

Your a Spring Chicken for heaven's sake

I am 65 + and do all the rides And my Motto

Is " You only Die Once " & it might as well be on a Roller Coaster
Woodview is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2014, 02:35 PM   #3
Mrs Grumpy
DIS Veteran

Oh, no way do I think I am too old! Just took way to long to make my first trip to DL! Missed out on a lot of years.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:18 PM   #4
Mrs Grumpy
DIS Veteran

Explaining the "hopefully" going part of my introduction and picking our dates

In my introduction I indicated that we "hope" to go in May. Well the whole job situation for me right now is not so great. There is a good chance I could get laid off from my company that I have been with for 15 years between now and the trip. This however has been the case for the past year and a half. I worried all of last year because we had a trip booked for WDW in September 2013. Well we got to go! So we are back in the same boat about worrying about it again with this trip. All I can do is wait and see and continue to plan away in hopes we will be going.

Now on to picking our dates. We are season ticket holders of our local minor league hockey team so that pretty much eliminates October - early May trips because we don't want to miss any games. We also are not big fans of vacationing during the busy summer months so we try to avoid June, July and August as much as possible for our vacations. So middle to late May is what we decided on. Originally we thought about May 11 - 16th. Had our motel booked and everything. Then I went back and looked at the historic park hours and noticed that the parks didn't open until 10:00 We are early people. That would be wasted time for us. We would be up and sitting around just waiting. So I looked at the following week and noticed that they started opening that week at 9:00. OK, that is a little better and so the decision was made to bump the trip back a week. Now, I know park hours have not been released yet (which is really hard for this WDW vet who is used to planning 180 days out) and we still might run into later openings but if that is the case so be it. We will deal with it.

The downside of moving the trip back a week is Grad nights. I have heard people say they are terrible and other say they really are not that bad. We will have two grad nights during our trip. Hopefully the people who say they were not that bad are right!

So our trip dates are May 18th - May 23rd.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: