Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
Evelyne
Mouseketeer

Got my PIN for Free dining

It was there this afernoon I only heared about it this morning, reading the DIS.
I was about to book so I called, that was the easy part...

The first CM I spoke with told me nothing was comming out for that PIN with my name or address after 20 minutes she said there was nothing she could do. She kept giving me prices but not with the dining for free.

So I tried the web site, wich is what I always do. No free dining there, I chated with a CM who gave a link where I could enter my PIN, choose all my options resort, tickets, and I could see the free dining aplied to the amount everything was great, until I tried to enter my credit card infos, it kept freezing, expirering name it

So I decided to call back , Same thing nothing was comming out for that PIN I expained her that I was able to quote a price on the web sitewith that PIN, it took 50 minutes to find out that in nthe Disney computers that PIN and addres belonged to my husband and because this is non transferable promotion nothing would go with my name. The thing is that in the 20 trips or so that we made to Disney, never and when I say never, my husband took care or the reservations, how in the world could they send him a promotion with my name on it, he doesn't even speak english!!!

The good thing is that we are all set up for our Disneymoon for spingbreak, isn't this Disney magic or what!!!
So may the New Year bring you a PIN, a lot of patience and new Disney memories...
Québec's #1 fan
Evelyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #2
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! What were the dates for your pin?
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #3
Evelyne
Mouseketeer

The dates are for most nights Feb. 1st to March 7th. The dates for Spring break are OK at least for our area in Quebec, we are checking in on March 2th. Hope you get yours in the mail, but call, don't try on the web site I don't know why the second CM gave me a link to enter my PIN because you have to do it over the phone...Good luck.

1990 to 1992 Off site
1994 and 1995 Off site
1998 and 1999 Off site
2000 to 2003 All star Sports
2004 to 2011 Pop Century
2012 The World was great again (Pop Century) without the kids for the 1st time
March 2013 Disneymoon with the kids

Québec's #1 fan
Evelyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #4
gem21
Mouseketeer

Awesome!! Congrats!

We got the same pin last week, but the FD is not good for our times, but the % off is, so I am just waiting tomorrow to see the new discount is before I decide!
gem21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #5
magickingdommommy
Mouseketeer

Just got my pin in the mail and the funny thing was that it came addressed to my husband. He too has never before made any of the reservations but I am just happy to have it

Now if I can find a cheap flight down there. I might have to fly out of the states...

2005 - AKL, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge, 2007 - Grand Floridian, 2008 - Fort Wilderness, 2009 - CR, 2010 - Off Site, 2011 - BLT & Vero Beach, 2012 Grand Californian & Aulani, 2013 - AKL, 2014 - WL/WLV

magickingdommommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #6
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

My DH books NOTHING and regularly gets PIN offers. I think that it has to do with his email address.....it's a Yahoo Philippines. So far we have not used any of the PINS and as soon as one expires he gets a new one.

dancin Disney style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Nothing in the mail for us today. And no pin code on our account either

Not really upset by that - as it would only be a bonus for us at this point BUT was heartbroken to find out that after all of the mailman stalking/excitement over Mickey Mail......we aren't getting any. When I called to ask about the FD pin code this morning, I also asked why our MM hasn't arrived yet. CM said we wouldn't get MM since we booked a room only ressie Totally opposite of what our booking CM told us.

The kids are going to be so disappointed. They have been checking the mail EVERY DAY - even on weekends even though I told them that we don't get mail delivery on Sat/Sun.

Very disappointed
Old 01-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #8
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magickingdommommy View Post
Just got my pin in the mail and the funny thing was that it came addressed to my husband. He too has never before made any of the reservations but I am just happy to have it

Now if I can find a cheap flight down there. I might have to fly out of the states...
SW has some pretty inexpensive flights right now
Old 01-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #9
dancin Disney style

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post
Nothing in the mail for us today. And no pin code on our account either

Not really upset by that - as it would only be a bonus for us at this point BUT was heartbroken to find out that after all of the mailman stalking/excitement over Mickey Mail......we aren't getting any. When I called to ask about the FD pin code this morning, I also asked why our MM hasn't arrived yet. CM said we wouldn't get MM since we booked a room only ressie Totally opposite of what our booking CM told us.

The kids are going to be so disappointed. They have been checking the mail EVERY DAY - even on weekends even though I told them that we don't get mail delivery on Sat/Sun.

Very disappointed
Why not put together your own Mickey Mail and drop it in the mail for the kids to receive???

Old 01-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #10
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style

Why not put together your own Mickey Mail and drop it in the mail for the kids to receive???
Yes, someone else made that suggestion so that is my plan!! Still a little disappointing though.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #11
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelyne View Post
, it took 50 minutes to find out that in nthe Disney computers that PIN and addres belonged to my husband and because this is non transferable promotion nothing would go with my name. The thing is that in the 20 trips or so that we made to Disney, never and when I say never, my husband took care or the reservations, how in the world could they send him a promotion with my name on it, he doesn't even speak english!!!
Ah, but was his name on the room reservation as a guest? Yes, yes it was. Disney is trying to attract guests who DON'T spend a lot of time already at WDW. According to their computers, since he isn't listed as the primary, he's not the one responsible for those frequent trips. So they send him a PIN to entice him. Yes, I know that isn't really how your situation works, but that's how the computer interprets it.

Just use your DHs name and credit card to book the PIN.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #12
soleilmagie
I know that disease, I've got the ''Jack, come back!'' version of it
Part of Year of a Million Tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by gem21
Awesome!! Congrats!

We got the same pin last week, but the FD is not good for our times, but the % off is, so I am just waiting tomorrow to see the new discount is before I decide!
What is the best discount? We are in the same situation (we are sailing on the Dream on the FD, but are going to WDW for two nights afterwards and could use the %).

02/1985 - WDW
06/1997 - WDW/All-Star Sports
01/2005 - Disney Magic 4 nights + All-Star Movies
01/2007 - WDW/All-Star Music + Disney Magic 7 nights Eastern
02/2008 - Disney Wonder 4 nights + MK/All-Star Music
02/2010 - Disney Wonder 4 nights + WDW/All-Star Sports
06/2011 - WDW/All-Star Music

soleilmagie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #13
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Ah, but was his name on the room reservation as a guest? Yes, yes it was. Disney is trying to attract guests who DON'T spend a lot of time already at WDW. According to their computers, since he isn't listed as the primary, he's not the one responsible for those frequent trips. So they send him a PIN to entice him. Yes, I know that isn't really how your situation works, but that's how the computer interprets it.

Just use your DHs name and credit card to book the PIN.
Well that makes sence, I wondered why my DH keeps getting the pins when everything is booked through my name.
2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Glennie5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #14
dancin Disney style

DH just got another PIN this time by snail mail....it's almost the same as the other one that he got via email.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #15
networktek
it all started with a mouse

congrats on the pin offers

networktek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: