Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
Evelyne
Mouseketeer
 
Evelyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa area in Quebec Canada
Posts: 376

Got my PIN for Free dining

It was there this afernoon I only heared about it this morning, reading the DIS.
I was about to book so I called, that was the easy part...

The first CM I spoke with told me nothing was comming out for that PIN with my name or address after 20 minutes she said there was nothing she could do. She kept giving me prices but not with the dining for free.

So I tried the web site, wich is what I always do. No free dining there, I chated with a CM who gave a link where I could enter my PIN, choose all my options resort, tickets, and I could see the free dining aplied to the amount everything was great, until I tried to enter my credit card infos, it kept freezing, expirering name it

So I decided to call back , Same thing nothing was comming out for that PIN I expained her that I was able to quote a price on the web sitewith that PIN, it took 50 minutes to find out that in nthe Disney computers that PIN and addres belonged to my husband and because this is non transferable promotion nothing would go with my name. The thing is that in the 20 trips or so that we made to Disney, never and when I say never, my husband took care or the reservations, how in the world could they send him a promotion with my name on it, he doesn't even speak english!!!

The good thing is that we are all set up for our Disneymoon for spingbreak, isn't this Disney magic or what!!!
So may the New Year bring you a PIN, a lot of patience and new Disney memories...
__________________
Québec's #1 fan
Evelyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #2
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFreak06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Prince Edward Island, Canada
Posts: 3,394

Congratulations! What were the dates for your pin?
__________________
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #3
Evelyne
Mouseketeer
 
Evelyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa area in Quebec Canada
Posts: 376

The dates are for most nights Feb. 1st to March 7th. The dates for Spring break are OK at least for our area in Quebec, we are checking in on March 2th. Hope you get yours in the mail, but call, don't try on the web site I don't know why the second CM gave me a link to enter my PIN because you have to do it over the phone...Good luck.

1990 to 1992 Off site
1994 and 1995 Off site
1998 and 1999 Off site
2000 to 2003 All star Sports
2004 to 2011 Pop Century
2012 The World was great again (Pop Century) without the kids for the 1st time
March 2013 Disneymoon with the kids

__________________
Québec's #1 fan
Evelyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #4
gem21
Mouseketeer
 
gem21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 326

Awesome!! Congrats!

We got the same pin last week, but the FD is not good for our times, but the % off is, so I am just waiting tomorrow to see the new discount is before I decide!
gem21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #5
magickingdommommy
Mouseketeer
 
magickingdommommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 2,000 km north of the Magic Kingdom
Posts: 154

Just got my pin in the mail and the funny thing was that it came addressed to my husband. He too has never before made any of the reservations but I am just happy to have it

Now if I can find a cheap flight down there. I might have to fly out of the states...
__________________


2005 - AKL, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge, 2007 - Grand Floridian, 2008 - Fort Wilderness, 2009 - CR, 2010 - Off Site, 2011 - BLT & Vero Beach, 2012 Grand Californian & Aulani, 2013 - AKL, 2014 - WL/WLV

magickingdommommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #6
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?
 
dancin Disney style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,129

My DH books NOTHING and regularly gets PIN offers. I think that it has to do with his email address.....it's a Yahoo Philippines. So far we have not used any of the PINS and as soon as one expires he gets a new one.
__________________

dancin Disney style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Near Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 267

Nothing in the mail for us today. And no pin code on our account either

Not really upset by that - as it would only be a bonus for us at this point BUT was heartbroken to find out that after all of the mailman stalking/excitement over Mickey Mail......we aren't getting any. When I called to ask about the FD pin code this morning, I also asked why our MM hasn't arrived yet. CM said we wouldn't get MM since we booked a room only ressie Totally opposite of what our booking CM told us.

The kids are going to be so disappointed. They have been checking the mail EVERY DAY - even on weekends even though I told them that we don't get mail delivery on Sat/Sun.

Very disappointed
__________________
DS 11 * DD 9 * DS6 * DS2 * DD Born October 2012
5mouseketeersforus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #8
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Near Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 267

Quote:
Originally Posted by magickingdommommy View Post
Just got my pin in the mail and the funny thing was that it came addressed to my husband. He too has never before made any of the reservations but I am just happy to have it

Now if I can find a cheap flight down there. I might have to fly out of the states...
SW has some pretty inexpensive flights right now
__________________
DS 11 * DD 9 * DS6 * DS2 * DD Born October 2012
5mouseketeersforus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #9
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?
 
dancin Disney style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,129

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post
Nothing in the mail for us today. And no pin code on our account either

Not really upset by that - as it would only be a bonus for us at this point BUT was heartbroken to find out that after all of the mailman stalking/excitement over Mickey Mail......we aren't getting any. When I called to ask about the FD pin code this morning, I also asked why our MM hasn't arrived yet. CM said we wouldn't get MM since we booked a room only ressie Totally opposite of what our booking CM told us.

The kids are going to be so disappointed. They have been checking the mail EVERY DAY - even on weekends even though I told them that we don't get mail delivery on Sat/Sun.

Very disappointed
Why not put together your own Mickey Mail and drop it in the mail for the kids to receive???
__________________

dancin Disney style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #10
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Near Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 267

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style

Why not put together your own Mickey Mail and drop it in the mail for the kids to receive???
Yes, someone else made that suggestion so that is my plan!! Still a little disappointing though.
__________________
DS 11 * DD 9 * DS6 * DS2 * DD Born October 2012
5mouseketeersforus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #11
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)
 
minnie mum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WAY too far north
Posts: 11,320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelyne View Post
, it took 50 minutes to find out that in nthe Disney computers that PIN and addres belonged to my husband and because this is non transferable promotion nothing would go with my name. The thing is that in the 20 trips or so that we made to Disney, never and when I say never, my husband took care or the reservations, how in the world could they send him a promotion with my name on it, he doesn't even speak english!!!
...
Ah, but was his name on the room reservation as a guest? Yes, yes it was. Disney is trying to attract guests who DON'T spend a lot of time already at WDW. According to their computers, since he isn't listed as the primary, he's not the one responsible for those frequent trips. So they send him a PIN to entice him. Yes, I know that isn't really how your situation works, but that's how the computer interprets it.

Just use your DHs name and credit card to book the PIN.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #12
soleilmagie
I know that disease, I've got the ''Jack, come back!'' version of it
Part of Year of a Million Tags
 
soleilmagie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cap-Rouge, Quebec
Posts: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by gem21
Awesome!! Congrats!

We got the same pin last week, but the FD is not good for our times, but the % off is, so I am just waiting tomorrow to see the new discount is before I decide!
What is the best discount? We are in the same situation (we are sailing on the Dream on the FD, but are going to WDW for two nights afterwards and could use the %).
__________________
Soleilmagie

02/1985 - WDW
06/1997 - WDW/All-Star Sports
01/2005 - Disney Magic 4 nights + All-Star Movies
01/2007 - WDW/All-Star Music + Disney Magic 7 nights Eastern
02/2008 - Disney Wonder 4 nights + MK/All-Star Music
02/2010 - Disney Wonder 4 nights + WDW/All-Star Sports
06/2011 - WDW/All-Star Music



soleilmagie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #13
Glennie5
DIS Veteran
 
Glennie5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 613

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Ah, but was his name on the room reservation as a guest? Yes, yes it was. Disney is trying to attract guests who DON'T spend a lot of time already at WDW. According to their computers, since he isn't listed as the primary, he's not the one responsible for those frequent trips. So they send him a PIN to entice him. Yes, I know that isn't really how your situation works, but that's how the computer interprets it.

Just use your DHs name and credit card to book the PIN.
Well that makes sence, I wondered why my DH keeps getting the pins when everything is booked through my name.
__________________
(ME) (DH) (DS) (DD) (DD)(Charlie)
2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Glennie5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #14
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?
 
dancin Disney style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,129

DH just got another PIN this time by snail mail....it's almost the same as the other one that he got via email.
__________________

dancin Disney style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #15
networktek
it all started with a mouse
 
networktek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 852

congrats on the pin offers
__________________



networktek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.