Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #376
blondie_k21
Earning My Ears

Hey there! We are planning our first Christmas trip 12/2-12/8. Planning to stay at POP unless I get a pin or the (hopeful) discount is better. Fingers crossed!

'98 - Offsite, '00 - DL/ASMu, '03 - ASMo, '08 - POP, '09 - CSR, '10 - CSR, '11 - OKW
December 2013 - POP

blondie_k21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #377
Marlynmik
Mouseketeer

Hi there! We're going Dec 21 - 28!!! From what I understand, as long as your first day falls in the discount timeframe, the whole stay will be discounted?

We've booked AoA (little mermaid room)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #378
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlynmik View Post
Hi there! We're going Dec 21 - 28!!! From what I understand, as long as your first day falls in the discount timeframe, the whole stay will be discounted?

We've booked AoA (little mermaid room)
That used to be true but that was changed a few years ago.
Stinky_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:23 AM   #379
penni520
Mouseketeer

Changing my dates. Because of Pop Warner week. So my new dates are Tuesday, December 3 until Tuesday, December 10th. Staying at Pop century.

For all the ones that are waiting for discount or pins --- Remember Aug the new prices come out and also 2014 dates are out. In the past price increase is any where from 2 to 5% higher in prices.

If you can you need to book so when the new prices come out you will LOCKED in on the 2013 prices.

You will still get pins and offers even if you have booked. AND always remember when you book ask the CM do you have a pin on your account.

Off property - 1972,1988 & 2010. Pop Century 2008, 2009 &2015
penni520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #380
jawk12
Earning My Ears

So I am new on here and a little clueless. What is a pin code? Is it the same as a discount? I usually get e-mails for different discounts such as save 30%, if you book travel dates x to y. They haven't released any discounts yet for December so that is what we are waiting for correct? Sorry if this is stupid but it is my first trip to WDW that I have had to plan!

Also, anyone on here flying out of Cleveland, Youngstown, Akron or Pittsburgh? We would like a nonstop flight but it seems that Cleveland and Youngstown are the only ones that have nonstop. Cleveland is about $420/person roundtrip and Youngstown is cheaper but they are only showing flights through October and they only fly to Orlando a couple days a week. Anyone have any advice on when I should purchase flights for the best possible deal?

Thanks in advance!
--Amy
jawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:26 AM   #381
bcinohio
DIS Veteran

We are flying out of Akron/Canton. Look at Southwest or Airtran. They each have a few non stop flights a day. It isn't open through Dec yet. Only until Nov 1. I believe they are supposed to open the first few weeks of Dec on May 6th.

bcinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #382
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawk12
So I am new on here and a little clueless. What is a pin code? Is it the same as a discount? I usually get e-mails for different discounts such as save 30%, if you book travel dates x to y. They haven't released any discounts yet for December so that is what we are waiting for correct? Sorry if this is stupid but it is my first trip to WDW that I have had to plan!

Also, anyone on here flying out of Cleveland, Youngstown, Akron or Pittsburgh? We would like a nonstop flight but it seems that Cleveland and Youngstown are the only ones that have nonstop. Cleveland is about $420/person roundtrip and Youngstown is cheaper but they are only showing flights through October and they only fly to Orlando a couple days a week. Anyone have any advice on when I should purchase flights for the best possible deal?

Thanks in advance!
--Amy
First off welcome to the Dis. A pin is a discount code given to someone to use for a trip to WDW. It is a discount only available to the recipient.

As for airports; I am from the Canton/Massillon area and fly out of Hopkins in Cleveland or Akron/Canton airport. Ak/C airport does have nonstop to Orlando thru Airtran but they wont release dates after October until May. Im also keeping an eye on flights and I'm also finding prices to be the same as you.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #383
Fiveisaparty
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawk12 View Post

Thanks in advance!
--Amy
I flew out of Pgh oct 2012 direct on AirTran. Tix were about 220 each. I have since moved to OKC and so sad AirTran doesn't fly to mco out of okc or dfw

Fiveisaparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #384
momplus3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawk12 View Post

Thanks in advance!
--Amy
Southwest has non-stop flights from Pittsburgh. However, there are no flights for your dates yet. They should be out May 6.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #385
cindym
Mouseketeer

We are waiting for AirTran out of Akron too!
Old 04-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #386
serene56
DIS Veteran

for those whomwill'wait until'august to book their trip---- what will you do for adrs? since the date we can do that will be june some times.

can you make reservations withoutnhaving a room?
Old 04-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #387
dzneelvr
A Disney Dolly
Doesn't mind if her gnomes kick the bucket after a year!

Discounts can be added later

don't hold off booking your resort. you can always add the discounts as they occur. we've never had a pin code in over 20 years, but we often take advantage of % discounts that come, no matter how late. I book our resort a full 11 months in advance because it's important you have a resort confirmation number when you book your ADR.Then proceed with the ADRs at 180 days.The resort cancellation policy is very liberal, so no worries there. I book our airline a couple months in advance and always get insurance because the weather can be brutal in December in Illinois. Just go for it!
dzneelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #388
switch15foot
Mouseketeer

planning for dec 3 to dec 15, will be playing tour guide to my parents (mom's first trip; dad's 2nd time) ... hoping for free dining as it would help greatly

Dec 2013 - TourGuide CH Shows Her Parents the Magic w Free Dinning
Dec 2010 - 1st Taste of Magic - All Star Movies w Free Dinning
switch15foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #389
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by penni520 View Post
For all the ones that are waiting for discount or pins --- Remember Aug the new prices come out and also 2014 dates are out. In the past price increase is any where from 2 to 5% higher in prices.

If you can you need to book so when the new prices come out you will LOCKED in on the 2013 prices.

You will still get pins and offers even if you have booked. AND always remember when you book ask the CM do you have a pin on your account.
Great advice! I might just do that. Do new prices always come out in August or will they do it before then? I wasn't really waiting on a pin but I was waiting until they announced their December special before booking which is usually in August according to mousesavers.

So are you saying that if they have 20% off a resort they will take 20% off your existing room rate (2012/2013) instead of 20% off the new room rate?

Thanks!

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
NightAngelX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:59 PM   #390
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post
Great advice! I might just do that. Do new prices always come out in August or will they do it before then? I wasn't really waiting on a pin but I was waiting until they announced their December special before booking which is usually in August according to mousesavers.

So are you saying that if they have 20% off a resort they will take 20% off your existing room rate (2012/2013) instead of 20% off the new room rate?

Thanks!
The new room rates will be for 2014 only. The current 2013 rates were set last year. Ticket prices do go up usually in August and it goes into effect shortly after the announcement. The effective date is always on a Sunday. Last year they did it June, though. If you book a 2013 package now, you will be locked in at the current ticket price, but if you make any changes to your reservation after the ticket increase goes into effect, you will have to pay the increase amount. This also holds true for adding a promotion code if one becomes available after the increase goes into effect.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: