Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #181
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylynn329 View Post
Dec 2 thru the 12th.....havnt decided yet on a resort....between Pop and All Star Music.....single mama on a budget with my DD5.....any thoughts on those 2 resorts?
We love Pop! And I think that Pop Warner runs into all the All Stars. That alone would be reason to avoid it for me!
Tinker_Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #182
mlamanna1701
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juljas
So if I'm staying at BC from 1st to 11th Dec, there will be no possibility of any room discounts after the 7th due to Pop Warner?

There is no chance of changing our dates and the Pop Warner comments have me worried given no one wants to be there at the same time!!!
I was at WDW in Dec 2011 when Pop Warner was there. They didn't cause too many problems in the park during the day. You did feel their presence in the late afternoon and evening hours though...but it was still manageable. As for the discount...it is still possible for some moderates and deluxe resorts. We stayed at the Polynesian with a room-only discount. So as long as there are rooms available that would make WDW offer a discount, you should be ok staying at the BC. I am also hoping for a discount and have CR reserved. Good luck and have a great time!
mlamanna1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 06:47 AM   #183
tinkbyday
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juljas View Post
So if I'm staying at BC from 1st to 11th Dec, there will be no possibility of any room discounts after the 7th due to Pop Warner?

There is no chance of changing our dates and the Pop Warner comments have me worried given no one wants to be there at the same time!!!
Quote:
should add.......our first time EVER at Disney!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcinohio View Post
DH and I are thinking of taking a trip, just the two of us, the first week of Dec. Have never been that time of year and want to see the lights and decorations. I hope we get a pin code. When do they usually come out for that time of year?
If you have firm dates and want to be added to the first page list, you can post them and I will add you :-)

Discounts for December have historically come out Jul-Aug timeframe. What I could find on Mousesavers.com was it looks like a free dining offer was offered for the first couple of weeks of December, then it looks like a 5 - 30% room discount follows up until a couple of days before Christmas. AP holders and FL residents have been able to get this discount right up to Christmas Eve.

Everyone!

Dec 09 YC CL Jan 09 YC Apr '08 WL and POR Jan '07 BWI Nov '05 Swan Oct '03 CBR
tinkbyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #184
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Just opened an email from Disney and it had a discount code for park tickets, but how do I figure out if it is really a discount?

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
magicalmoments4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #185
mlamanna1701
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4
Just opened an email from Disney and it had a discount code for park tickets, but how do I figure out if it is really a discount?
I haven't seen a discount on park tickets from WDW. Is this a special offer just for you or can anyone use it? To check if that is really a discount, you could price your tickets on the WDW website without using the discount code. Then check with the code...if you can't do it online, just call and ask for the discounted pricing. Good luck and hope it is a great discount.
mlamanna1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #186
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Called Disney and it isn't a discount, but when I said my name and such, it asked me for my 15 digit pin code!!??? What does that mean?? Do I have one sitting out there for me that I don't know about or is that standard for them to ask?

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
magicalmoments4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #187
tinkbyday
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
Called Disney and it isn't a discount, but when I said my name and such, it asked me for my 15 digit pin code!!??? What does that mean?? Do I have one sitting out there for me that I don't know about or is that standard for them to ask?
Anything is possible, you can attempt to ask the CM, sometimes they will tell you and others they won't - just depends on who you get.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #188
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4
I've never had that happen. If you call and ask the CM if you have a pin code attached to your name, they will look for you.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
jdcthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #189
tinkbyday
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcthree View Post
I've never had that happen. If you call and ask the CM if you have a pin code attached to your name, they will look for you.
Unfortunately, not all will. They implemented a change a couple of years ago where they wouldn't look them up at all - it seems to be touch and go now. If you haven't experienced, that you have been fortunate. I have had several who would look and several who said they were not permitted.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #190
aznikki22
Earning My Ears

Can someone explain

Can someone explain to me what these PINs are and how they work. We will be at WDW Dec 7th thru Dec 13th and a Disney Cruise prior to that. I would love a discount!
aznikki22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:24 AM   #191
eeyore29
DIS Veteran Wanna-Be

Location: Mount Wannahockaloogie (a small mountain town near Allentown, PA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznikki22 View Post
Can someone explain to me what these PINs are and how they work. We will be at WDW Dec 7th thru Dec 13th and a Disney Cruise prior to that. I would love a discount!
See the sticky thread at the top of the Discounts forum:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1686236
Old 02-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #192
GATORinaZ28
DIS Dad#764

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkbyday View Post
The December list is growing pretty fast! Glad to see I am not the only Disney nut who plans so far in advance
Sometimes I think the 500 days of planning is as exciting as the trip itself!

71-84 - Contemporary Resort with Grandparents || 01/94 - Off Site @ Disneyland || 06/07 - Contemporary Resort || 02/08 - Caribbean Beach Resort || 05/10 - All-Star Sports / Coronado Springs Resort || 12/10 - Offsite @ DisneyWorld || 11/11 - Port Orleans Riverside || 11/13 - Port Orleans French Quarter || 5/14 Rock Your Disney Side Party / Pop Century

Next trip: 12/14 - French Quarter
GATORinaZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #193
GATORinaZ28
DIS Dad#764

Quote:
should add.......our first time EVER at Disney!!!
How exciting!

71-84 - Contemporary Resort with Grandparents || 01/94 - Off Site @ Disneyland || 06/07 - Contemporary Resort || 02/08 - Caribbean Beach Resort || 05/10 - All-Star Sports / Coronado Springs Resort || 12/10 - Offsite @ DisneyWorld || 11/11 - Port Orleans Riverside || 11/13 - Port Orleans French Quarter || 5/14 Rock Your Disney Side Party / Pop Century

Next trip: 12/14 - French Quarter
GATORinaZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #194
lazer
Mouseketeer

Hoping to decide what week is best for us and them keep eyes out for discounts. Might even rent points to stay at a dvc. We go to Pop in October every year, but looking to switch it up this year! Traveling with a 5 year old and 1 year old. Excited to watch this thread!
lazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #195
wdwfan13
Earning My Ears

Question.....Our family is going Dec 1-7 this year. In the past we have always had to go in July due to timing issues. I have heard (TP, etc) that the crowds are substantially improved during early December. Being a visual person does anyone know where I can find park images that would show crowd sizes? I am not trying to be lazy just too low on bandwidth and data plan remaining to do a quality search.
wdwfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: