Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #16
HippieChickadee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewmanFamily6 View Post
Values are alot of fun and save $. My kids are older now though and really like pool slides. So if we aren't staying DVC then at least a mod.
What are pool sides?
HippieChickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #17
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieChickadee View Post
What are pool sides?
Thats a joke right....

Just kidding
alecshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #18
HippieChickadee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecshawn View Post
Thats a joke right....
I read pool SIDES not slides lol
Old 01-02-2013, 11:33 PM   #19
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
I'm not snooty, but to each their own. Not liking a value does not make one snooty any more than one who does a cheapskate. I personally am not excited about brightly painted buildings, little landscape, no queen beds, no hot tubs, tour groups, cheer groups, and Pop Warner running about all over. For me, I would rather pay a few hundred more dollars and stay at a moderate or with the right discounts stay at a deluxe.
Stayed at All star music many many times....NEVER seen nor heard "pop' warner teams. All star Music has TONS of landscape.
And yes, I am cheap..i love to save money and stay at a value.
The values are "Disney" inside and out. Now, I do enjoy Wilderness lodge to visit..stroll around and even the Contemporary. But for the $$$ Values get you the same night time view....sleep.
Its ok to generalize...usually , the stereotype is 100% true.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:34 PM   #20
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
I read pool SIDES not slides lol
Ah, tuche
Old 01-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #21
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
agreed 110%
Spot on!!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:36 PM   #22
HippieChickadee
Mouseketeer

I stayed at all star sports this past november into december, the same week of pop warner.

no complaints at all.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:38 PM   #23
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
You're right. I shouldn't generalize. I'm sorry.

I am a DVC member and when we stay at a DVC resort we are magnets to the "snooty" people who discuss how much better it is because they are staying with their class of people (in so many words).

When we stay in a value (when points run out and we take an extra trip) we always have a great time and never run into people judging people.

Sorry I did.

btw, I actually liked the value rooms better for the two beds! SSR only has the queen with the pull out which is horrible!
Oh, believe me....We have also stayed at The Contemporary one time...I LOVED it. but yes, you do run into "those" people everyday...that like to remind one that they..."have it" and couldn't stay at a value if their life depended on it.....snooty..yes.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:42 PM   #24
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Stayed at All star music many many times....NEVER seen nor heard "pop' warner teams. All star Music has TONS of landscape.
And yes, I am cheap..i love to save money and stay at a value.
The values are "Disney" inside and out. Now, I do enjoy Wilderness lodge to visit..stroll around and even the Contemporary. But for the $$$ Values get you the same night time view....sleep.
Its ok to generalize...usually ], the stereotype is 100% true.
I myself think the values, mods, and deluxe resorts are all "Disney" inside and out. As for the same night time view... I guess if you are a park commando (nothing wrong with that) and only want a room to put your head on at night, then you are correct. However, if you are one who likes to go back to the resort during the day, relax by the pool, sit in a hot tub, or just enjoy walking the grounds of a nicely themed property (or morning jog as I do) you may see things a little differently. I guess that is why WDW has so many different resorts so that there is something for everyone.

P.S. Please don't take this as a personal attack toward you, it is not. I appreciate that you like values. I just don't care for them. But I also don't care for the Grand Floridian either. I also agree that there are those who can be and are "snooty."

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #25
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
I myself think the values, mods, and deluxe resorts are all "Disney" inside and out. As for the same night time view... I guess if you are a park commando (nothing wrong with that) and only want a room to put your head on at night, then you are correct. However, if you are one who likes to go back to the resort during the day, relax by the pool, sit in a hot tub, or just enjoy walking the grounds of a nicely themed property (or morning jog as I do) you may see things a little differently. I guess that is why WDW has so many different resorts so that there is something for everyone.

P.S. Please don't take this as a personal attack toward you, it is not. I appreciate that you like values. I also agree that there are those who can be and are "snooty."
No issues at all....you make good points and you have every right to your feelings also. After all....it's all bout loving wdw and having a good time.
And, yes...I do like the mods and deluxe resorts...
Old 01-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #26
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
No issues at all....you make good points and you have every right to your feelings also. After all....it's all bout loving wdw and having a good time.
And, yes...I do like the mods and deluxe resorts...
We can all agree on loving WDW. I will be staying at my first moderate this year at CSR. For me it was about saving $$$. I shall see how I like it. By the way, where in Ohio are you from if you don't mind me asking?

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:05 AM   #27
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

For Us/me

I have NEVER had POP Warner, Cheer Groups,Tour Groups at my value hotel. BUT I do go at times that they are not there I believe..I go Sept/Oct...May and sometimes week before Thanksgiving.

Back to topic

Pros of staying vaue...It's POP for me
I save $$$$$$$$
I have a bus that doesn't share with others Resorts
I LOVE the themeing
I LOVE the beds, I think there comfortable...either that or I am just so tired after a day at the park I pass out....

We do not "Hang out" at the hotel, I find sitting at the pool, the bar, food court boring. If I go back to the resort during the day it's to maybe nap or shower to go do something else. I would rather be at the park sitting enjoying a drink or shopping... then the resort.

If We had kids I think I would suck it up and do a Monorail hotel just for easier access to MK and EPCOT...I wouldn't have a lot of shopping money on those trips LOL.....

I save $$$ staying value do we can afford to go every year easier and sometimes (usually) I can afford to go twice.
9/07,10/08,10/09,9/10,11/10,9/11,9/12, 5/13,5/13

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD
tony609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #28
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
We can all agree on loving WDW. I will be staying at my first moderate this year at CSR. For me it was about saving $$$. I shall see how I like it. By the way, where in Ohio are you from if you don't mind me asking?
Southeastern......near marietta
Old 01-03-2013, 12:38 AM   #29
nansmama
DIS Veteran

We've stayed at Pop five times.

Pros:
Lots of buses running all the time.
Vibrant theming.
Short walk to pools.
Fun atmosphere.
Cheap rooms.
Great gift shop.

Cons:
Food court can be super busy and LOUD. Not a good place to sit and relax.
No slides in pools. No pool towels.
Smaller rooms. We had three teens and an adult in our room last time and I felt like we were pushing it.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #30
mhnewcomb
Mouseketeer

1st trip, 2009, ASMo...
LOVED the theming (Herbie was right outside my door!). Kids (13,9,7,6,2) were hilarious in that pool...some of the best photos I've ever taken. Food court was SO good, something for everyone, including Mickey Waffles every.single.morning. Never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus, and that was in March. (If you grow weary of hearing others complain after 3 minutes at the bus stop, there is always another family that is just as happy to be there as you are, and you can easily commiserate with them nonverbally about the whiners. Like this: ) The only real issue we had was having to live with that horrible "coffee" until we could get to a park...our best surprise was arriving to the coffee stand outside of Animal Kingdom!

2nd trip, 2010, SSR on points...
Loved the calm contrast to the ASMo...it was like being in an entirely different place, which I suppose it was. Much less food variety, but it was fine since the kids could still have Mickey Waffles every.single.morning. Longer trip to get them, but my WORD, it is a beautiful walk! Bus waits were about the same, though the multiple stops slows things down a bit...again not a problem, especially at the end of the day, as my feet needed the rest! We also loved having a kitchenette available...next time, I'm getting snacks and beer from a delivery service instead of buying at the resort.

Next trip, 2013, OKW...
Looking forward to experiencing another resort! Kids are freaking out that they won't have Mickey Waffles every.single.morning., but we will just consider that a challenge and they will taste even better when we do get them.

Many more trips to come, especially when I win the new Sweeps...
Just get me there, and I'll be happy! Although I would LOVE to try out a mod at some point--best of both worlds?--and I've been really interested in POFQ since reading these boards...

Values are AWESOME, as are deluxes...I guess I just can't imagine that any stay at The World would be anything less...there always seems to be an upside to be found for any negative at Mickey's Place.

mhnewcomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: