Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
jrtoastyman
Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

Brave/Merida Meet & Greet

What are the lines like for this nowadays? Plugged it into my plan on Lines and it basically shows zero wait even though it's right in the middle of the day. Is that about right?

I remember when Rapunzel was in that space, we pretty much had to make that the very first thing we did. Not the case here, I guess?

Owner since June 2011

Upcoming: BLT (Jan 2015) - DLR (July 2014)
DLR (May 2014) - BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011 + UO/IOA) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)
jrtoastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

I have to admit that I do not use Line apps... but I can't imagine they track the wait for Merida (as it's not posted anywhere, it's just the CM estimating).

Like Rapunzel, there's 2 sections to the line; first section outside, second section inside. Depending on when you catch the line (how close to the dump) will affect your wait. I'd guess average is 20-40min during non-peak times.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #3
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
I have to admit that I do not use Line apps... but I can't imagine they track the wait for Merida (as it's not posted anywhere, it's just the CM estimating).

Like Rapunzel, there's 2 sections to the line; first section outside, second section inside. Depending on when you catch the line (how close to the dump) will affect your wait. I'd guess average is 20-40min during non-peak times.
Agreed. We waited around 30 minutes mid-day on 12/12/12.

She's not "Rapunzel" popular, but still busy enough. And the wait definitely won't be zero.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
DisneyBK
Earning My Ears

Merida Meet and Greet - April 2012

It is true that Brave Meet and Greet was never as popular as the Rapunzel Meet and Greet, but can anyone share some actual data. In April 2011, we bolted to Rapunzel at rope drop and the line just piled up in an immediate fashion and it seemed booked solid throughout the day. Other families were trying to do the same thing and many folks were disappointed when they got to the line only to find out they would be the second or maybe third group to get in which meant a long wait was lying ahead of them.

In November, 2012, I took a similar approach with Brave. We were there for EMH (8AM) and Merida didn't see any guests until 9:15 AM. I was easily the first in the line and only 3-4 familes joined me between 8AM-9AM. I also noticed the lines several times throughout the day never were as long as Rapunzel and felt that people never really had to wait beyond the time it took for Merida to meet the group she was currently seeing.

It appears now that Belle has consumed much of that early-crazy-gotta-get-there-at rope-drop crowd. However, can anyone share any actual data recently at trying to meet Merida? I am looking to go around 5:30 PM on a Wednesday in mid April.
DisneyBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #5
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBK View Post
It is true that Brave Meet and Greet was never as popular as the Rapunzel Meet and Greet, but can anyone share some actual data. In April 2011, we bolted to Rapunzel at rope drop and the line just piled up in an immediate fashion and it seemed booked solid throughout the day. Other families were trying to do the same thing and many folks were disappointed when they got to the line only to find out they would be the second or maybe third group to get in which meant a long wait was lying ahead of them.

In November, 2012, I took a similar approach with Brave. We were there for EMH (8AM) and Merida didn't see any guests until 9:15 AM. I was easily the first in the line and only 3-4 familes joined me between 8AM-9AM. I also noticed the lines several times throughout the day never were as long as Rapunzel and felt that people never really had to wait beyond the time it took for Merida to meet the group she was currently seeing.

It appears now that Belle has consumed much of that early-crazy-gotta-get-there-at rope-drop crowd. However, can anyone share any actual data recently at trying to meet Merida? I am looking to go around 5:30 PM on a Wednesday in mid April.
Disney doesn't share data, so all you can go on is anecdotal experiences.

We were there on a Wednesday in mid-December and only waited about 20 minutes to get into Merida late morning.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #6
LisaTN
DIS Veteran

We went straight there at rope drop and were originally third in line (until a family of 9 cut us)... so we waited about 15 minutes.... but the line got long quick..

Not 2 hours like rapunzel, but I'd count on at least 30 minutes. The lines ap doesn't do a great job for accounting for waits for M&Gs so I would always ad a 10 minute "break" after each meet and greet to make my times more accurate.

I only did 10 minutes, because they add a 10-minute walk before and after the break... so that added up to the 30 I needed for the M&G.

They are more accuarate on the Pete's Silly Sideshow, Tinkerbells Nook and Town Square Theater M&Gs, but the rest they only list as 0 minutes.
LisaTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #7
jrtoastyman
Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

By the way, I can now answer my own question. We went late morning in the latter part of January and probably waited 30-40 minutes.

Owner since June 2011

Upcoming: BLT (Jan 2015) - DLR (July 2014)
DLR (May 2014) - BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011 + UO/IOA) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)
jrtoastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #8
ghtx
DIS Veteran

It is totally baffling that the Lines App doesn't have good (or any) estimates of wait times for most M&Gs (they do have estimates for the big ones, e.g. Character Spot and Town Square M&Gs). If they brag so much about their loads and loads of user-submitted wait time data, why can't they use some of them to generate M&G wait time estimates?

And why say "0 minutes"? If you're going to just make something up you might as well say "30 minutes," which is more likely to be closer to the truth than "0 minutes."

I love Lines and touringplans.com, except for this.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #9
zaz
Mouseketeer

DisneyDK: funny, I think we'll try to be at Merida around 5:30 on the 10th of April...

subbing as I'm interested in this answer as well.
zaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #10
cheesemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
It is totally baffling that the Lines App doesn't have good (or any) estimates of wait times for most M&Gs (they do have estimates for the big ones, e.g. Character Spot and Town Square M&Gs). If they brag so much about their loads and loads of user-submitted wait time data, why can't they use some of them to generate M&G wait time estimates?

And why say "0 minutes"? If you're going to just make something up you might as well say "30 minutes," which is more likely to be closer to the truth than "0 minutes."

I love Lines and touringplans.com, except for this.
AGREE!!!
cheesemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #11
FrostedSteph
Earning My Ears

We were there last Friday soon after rope drop. Waited 45 minutes. Line got long quickly.
FrostedSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #12
cc-atl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostedSteph View Post
We were there last Friday soon after rope drop. Waited 45 minutes. Line got long quickly.
We did it today. We waited about 45 minutes to get in and then spent about 15 minutes inside. So total experience was an about an hour.

We did not get there until 11am (did enchanted tales with Belle, Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Dumbo, and Barnstormer from 9 to 11)
cc-atl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: