Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #1
dfchelbay
DIS Veteran

Hire Car insurance in Florida

Hi everyone. I hope you can help/guide me with hire car questions. My friend, who lives in England is in Florida right now. We called to reserve a car to pick up today, for three weeks in Orlando. When we made the reservation, they said the cost would be about $535 USD. Today, when he picked up the car they said he had to pay an additional $1000 for insurance. We specifically asked when making the reservation if there were any other costs for a foreign driver when renting the car and was told as long as their license was in english, they would be treated the same as a US driver with no additional charges.

What are your experiences with renting a car in Florida? Do you pay extra for insurance and if so, how much? Who do you rent your cars from...what company? This $1000 is so excessive. A one year policy if you own a car in the USA isn't even $1000. Can anyone recommend where to call and rent a car in Orlando. He is going to return this car ASAP, he had to have it for today tho. Thanks
dfchelbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
Netty
A six foot palm from Wal-Mart would make a very festive Christmas tree
Especially if covered with FROG ornaments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfchelbay View Post
Hi everyone. I hope you can help/guide me with hire car questions. My friend, who lives in England is in Florida right now. We called to reserve a car to pick up today, for three weeks in Orlando. When we made the reservation, they said the cost would be about $535 USD. Today, when he picked up the car they said he had to pay an additional $1000 for insurance. We specifically asked when making the reservation if there were any other costs for a foreign driver when renting the car and was told as long as their license was in english, they would be treated the same as a US driver with no additional charges.

What are your experiences with renting a car in Florida? Do you pay extra for insurance and if so, how much? Who do you rent your cars from...what company? This $1000 is so excessive. A one year policy if you own a car in the USA isn't even $1000. Can anyone recommend where to call and rent a car in Orlando. He is going to return this car ASAP, he had to have it for today tho. Thanks
take the car back but book another car through expedia uk etc, it sounds like they have gone directly to a usa reservation instead of a uk one. I'm sure wayneg will be able to guide you in the right direction keep checking the uk trip planning section

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: