Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #16
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillauFr

Costco will not give you an on board credit. They will give you a Costco cash card that is only good for shopping at Costco.
I think the previous posts said the cash card was for the Disney cruises, but you do get the obc for other cruise lines.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:29 AM   #17
melsherard
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by horric29 View Post
This is quite interesting... I've made 3 different changes, finally ending up with January 19th on Fantasy... I've also changed the transfer destinations several time... Never once was I charged a change fee...

AND>... I still get my $285 post cruise card... They've been nothing but extraordinary and I've used a whole slew of different TA's... Yea they arn't the most knowledgable but, I've never run into said change fee....
That is great! Maybe they don't do that anymore? I sure hope not!

4 night Wonder trip report Jan 2009
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2085074

7 night Mexican Riviera March 13, 2011
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2684268
melsherard is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #18
JimGA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa View Post
Thanks so much for your replies! The gentleman I spoke with at Costco Travel told me there would be an OBC, confirming my suspicion that he doesn't know much about DCL. While I was envisioning a nice, big OBC, I'm sure I could put a Costco gift card to good use!

I'm not sure whether the benefits associated with the Executive Membership have changed recently, but according to the Costco web site there is a 2% reward for most purchases. I think I'll go for the Executive membership, and I will look into the Costco AMEX as well.

Thank you for all the valuable information!
OOps, you are correct Lisa, it is 2% back for Executive Membership, so many %'s to keep up with...

Disney World 1978, 1995, 2010, 2011
PORS 2010, POFQ 2011, CBR 2012

Disney Dream, May 2013
Disney Fantasy, Thanksgiving 2015
JimGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #19
mdinowitz
Mouseketeer

Another important bit of info that I haven't seen mentioned in this post so far is that you do not need to use the Costco gift card at Costco. You can exchange it for cash at customer service in the store. With a family of 5, the cost of cruising quickly adds up. Looking around we have found that best deal is combining Costco with an OBB discount (unless you can get a special offer through DCL, like an IGT/VGT rate). If they do not have the answer to a question, they'll call DCL with you on hold. I have never had to wait more than a couple of minutes.
mdinowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #20
horric29
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdinowitz View Post
Another important bit of info that I haven't seen mentioned in this post so far is that you do not need to use the Costco gift card at Costco. You can exchange it for cash at customer service in the store. With a family of 5, the cost of cruising quickly adds up. Looking around we have found that best deal is combining Costco with an OBB discount (unless you can get a special offer through DCL, like an IGT/VGT rate). If they do not have the answer to a question, they'll call DCL with you on hold. I have never had to wait more than a couple of minutes.
Great tip! Don't think I realized this!
horric29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:50 AM   #21
BelievesinMagic
I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready!

Costco and other cruise lines use to be able to offer very nice OBC but DCL did away with that nice perk a few years ago. To get around it Costco offers a gift card awarded at the end of one's cruise. This may be why they got OBC and gift card mixed up not necessarily inexperience with DCL.

I've used Costco 3 times and have had good luck,so far, with their travel agents. I always request one who is familiar with DCL and they were really good about assigning one to me. Membership does have its perks. One of my ressies I made on the boat and then changed it to Costco a few months before we sailed. It was very nice to get the gift cards for Christmas shopping. Good luck!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: