DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
sarah-jane
Mouseketeer

Permanent cards?

Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone else has had a delay in receiving their DVC ID cards? We purchased AKL in September and online our accounts all show up. We've even made our reservations for 2013 and got a letter saying our cards should be coming soon. However, our permanent I'd cards have yet to shw up in the mail. Has anyone else been delayed. Do we need them when we check in? Our trip isn't until September.

Thanks

sarah-jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

You won't need them fo check-in, but will need them for any special discounts you may want to use, like the AP discounts, dining discounts, etc.

If you don't receive them before your trip (and you SHOULD receive them by then) you can get some cards at the sales center at SSR. I've heard lately that they can issue the plastic ones there...but in the past they have been the paper temporary cards, so don't know for sure.

I think the plastic ones are ordered in batches from an outside vendor. We used a similar service at the video store where I used to work, so there can be some delay while DVC makes up the most cost effective order (largest order) for the cards, so they could be waiting for XXXX number of cards needed to place the order.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
boswellnakia
Oh great Ding King, just one more--trip, please?

Last week, I got my "plastic" member card from BLT. I had bought into DVC on the Fantasy and was told my cards would be mailed. But I wanted my card ASAP so that I could get the annual pass discount. Since I was at MK, they said I could just go over to BLT and get my card and it worked like a snap. So which ever is closer for you, but both of them these will work.

2011: Jan AsMusic, DCL Dream Spring Break, and POP Christmas at Disney!
2010: Dec AsSports and MVMCP
2009: Feb AsMu, Jan WL, July DCL and Epcot
2008: Mar Pop
2007: Jan offsite, Apr As-S, Apr Offsite, Jun As-S
2006: Jan offsite, Apr AsMo/CBR, Apr POR, Oct CSR MNSSHP
Dec 05 MVMVP at CS/AK
Oct 05 YES, Sheraton Safari
May 05 Quality Inn Suites
Jul 04 WL
boswellnakia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:23 PM   #4
ninjagirl
Mouseketeer

Our first set apparently got lost. We called about a month after we closed and Disney said they were mailed four days after we closed. She ordered us a new set and those arrived within a week. (We closed in October)

I'd recommend cling member administration and see if they can track down what happened to them and/or issue replacements.
ninjagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #5
CruzTerri
Earning My Ears

We closed December 10th and had our cards within days of that date, and if my memory serves me right, I think we got ours before we even officially closed! I did have to call MS to get a PIN to get logged into the DVC Member site.

Radiance of the Seas - 4/7/01; Vision of the Seas - 12/2/01; Brilliance of the Seas - 3/7/03; Carnival Paradise - 9/2003; Monarch of the Seas - 5/7/2004; Radiance of the Seas 10/23/2005; Infinity - 02/05/2006; Golden Princess 10/29/2006; Monarch of the Seas - 12/27/2006; Explorer of the Seas - 3/28/2008; Monarch of the Seas - 06/13/2008; Celebrity Constellation - 09/19/2009; Oasis of the Seas 11/6 & 11/13/2010 (B2B); Disney Wonder 11/4/2012
CruzTerri is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: