Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #16
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Since we can not afford to stay on-site with the family size we normally travel with, taking ALL FPs away unless you stay on-site will play a big part in our choice of vacation too. We have never been FP hoarders but have never waited more than 20 to 30 minutes to ride anything even visiting at the beginning of June. We will be unable to do long waits with our young son. This speculation makes me feel sick!
mom2mickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #17
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Zero indication that they are getting rid of the No Expiration option - only that they are not selling it online. Speculation as to why.

Not impossible that they won't get rid of them altogether...it may not work well with what I'm currently deciphering about FastPass+ and tickets...
This is what I was thinking too.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #18
torinsmom
I have someone coming to scoop
I don't know how a man could wear them

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post
Since we can not afford to stay on-site with the family size we normally travel with, taking ALL FPs away unless you stay on-site will play a big part in our choice of vacation too. We have never been FP hoarders but have never waited more than 20 to 30 minutes to ride anything even visiting at the beginning of June. We will be unable to do long waits with our young son. This speculation makes me feel sick!
Totally agree. I don't mind onsite vistors having the perk of FP+, but to take the whole FP option away from offsite vistors would be a bummer.
August 3-11, 2008--Pop Century Grand Gathering
July 6-13, 2009--Universal Studios
June 16-25 2010--Universal AND Disney for 10 days (Emerald Island)
August 10-20 2011--Universal and Disney(Indian Creek)
July 6-14 2012--Universal and Disney--doing YES again!
July 14-21 2013--Universal and Disney with family
torinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #19
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by torinsmom View Post
Totally agree. I don't mind onsite vistors having the perk of FP+, but to take the whole FP option away from offsite vistors would be a bummer.
It IS possible that regular FP does not go away for this very reason...but it is either/or. You have FP+, or you don't and can use FP. And it may be a requirement down the road for resort guests, at least staying on packages, to have FP+.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #20
Sammie
DIS Veteran

I was told that they removed it from the website due to ticket purchasing trends from guests. Basically saying most guests that booked online did not buy Non expiration tickets.

I think most savvy Disney online users buy theirs from other venues such as Undercover Tickets or Annual passes.

I see no reason for them to completely remove the Non expiration option or regular Fastpass. It is just going to be an either or option as to Fastpass and I would imagine, it will all be restricted.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #21
SuzyQue
Figure Sk8r's Mom

Looks like nonexpiring might be going away...

This was in the latest Mousesaver's newsletter...

Quote:
“No Expiration” Ticket Option May No Longer Be Offered Soon

If you are a repeat visitor to Walt Disney World and you like to use “No Expiration” tickets over the course of multiple visits, I highly recommend buying them now, while they are still available.

I believe it is likely that Disney will be eliminating the “No Expiration” option on Magic Your Way tickets very soon, probably when the MyMagic+ system with RFID-tagged tickets/wristbands is rolled out.

The “No Expiration” option has already been removed from the new Walt Disney World tickets website and it has also been removed from the ticket booth signs, though you can still have the option added at the ticket booths if you ask for it specifically.
SuzyQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #22
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQue View Post
Veeeeerry interesting....
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 01-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #23
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQue View Post
I was just going to post this. She is encouraging people to get non-expiring tickets too.

I have 3 different tickets at home with non-expiring. One has 10 days, one has 8 and the other 5. I plan on using these for at least another 5 years. Will Disney allow this now?
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #24
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
I was just going to post this. She is encouraging people to get non-expiring tickets too.

I have 3 different tickets at home with non-expiring. One has 10 days, one has 8 and the other 5. I plan on using these for at least another 5 years. Will Disney allow this now?
Unless they go bankrupt, they have to accept the tickets.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: