Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #46
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRoyalHighness View Post
From what I see, if the stipulation is that they can't use characters that are currently being used, all I see Universal Studios using at their park is Spiderman and the Hulk. That leaves a WHOLE LOT of other characters that Disney can incorporate.

I'd just be happy with Thor
From the actual contract Universal is using a character if it "is more than an incidental element of an attraction, is presented as a costumed character, or is more than an incidental element of the theming of a retail store or food facility". Also if they are using one character of a "family" of characters, they have exclusive rights to all the characters.

So they are using Captain America and the Hulk which gives them all of the Avengers, the Storm ride gives them all the X-Men, Spirderman and all the assocaited villians, and Dr Doom gives them Fantastic Four and all thier villains. This pretty much covers every major Marvel character.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #47
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

This has been covered ad nauseum...

There is no strategic benefit for Disney to make any attempt to use marvel characters in florida...none.

not from a financial or advertising perspective.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 12:00 AM   #48
Angebee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally posted by arthropodtodd

~~A bunch of really amazing and awesome ideas about how to improve HS.
And I could agree with all of them if Disney had the time, money and inspiration to do it all very well, except Streets of America. Instead of adapting them to Monstropolis I would rather see The Incredibles represented. The outlines of a mega city are already there so it would cost even less to adapt and the streets of Monstropolis could be built just around the corner if they were to demo LMA and/or the Backlot as many have rumored. (Oh, see, rumors board, mentioned the rumor....)

Personally, I would love to see updates to the park and eat up the rumors. This is the one that was built close to when I was born so I grew up with it if you will. It's sad to see it be a 'partial day park'.

(inactive at the moment) 'No Pit Stoppo!' -- Our first TR (Feb 2013)

The Sunfinders ... 'Lady' (mom), 'Butch' (dad), me, Kit (21)

'88, '90, '94 to '98 -- offsite w/ family '09 -- ASsport & '13 -- AoA Cars '11 -- offsite at Disneyland!
Angebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #49
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

And maybe someone had this idea already. If they do expand Pixar Place, how bout moving the Laugh Floor from Tomorrowland, where it doesn't need to be, to HS? Perfection indeed!
*DL* Offsite - 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, 2013 *WDW* Offsite - 80's , 90's ** POP CENTURY - 2004, 2009 ** CORONADO SPRINGS - 2008 ** PORT ORLEANS (Riverside) - 2011 ** ALL STAR MOVIES - 2012 ** FT. WILDERNESS CABINS - 2013 *TOKYO DL* Offsite - 2014
ME DW
disneyworld1977 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #50
disneydad123456789
Earning My Ears

Ive heard the rumor about the "worlds" a lot, written on many different Disney boards and blogs. There is either truth to it, or the same person is making it up all over the web.

I don't think it is as absurd as some people think it is. Universal has all the lands and with Harry Potter's expansion, I wouldnt doubt that Disney tries to duplicate their compitition, but then make it 100 times better.

One interesting Tidbit that makes me even write this post is because of a survey Disney emailed my wife and I this week. We just booked our trip for March and they sent me a survey to rate the parks in order of most liked to least liked. Thinking I may get a pin code sent back for participating, I put down my prefrence of most like in order; MK, Epcott, AK and least is Hollywood Studios. Once I clicked that, Disney had 2 follow up pages on Hollywood studios, asking what I would want changed, how Disney could make it better and then lastly, how I think it compares to other theme parks in Orlando (Most Likely referring to Universal).

My wife got the same survey and she put down MK, Hollywood, Epcott and AK. After she clicked continue, it said thanks for participating and had no follow-up questions, like It had for me, listing Hollywood as my least favorite.

I think something is brewing. It makes sense that being Disney has AK, Epcot and MK, they can try something different with their 4th park. Especially being that the park is named hollywood studios, it make sense that the park can transform into hollywood sets of movies and put them into entire lands.

I think it is safe to say we could definetly be seeing Star Wars and Cars Land. Possibly a Pixar Land and whatever else the Imagineers can think of.
disneydad123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #51
Kronk N Tink
Found Nemo

Perhaps they should build Pixar Place and Cars Land and Star Wars Land and reaquire Marvel and build Marvel Universe.... which pretty much redoes the whole park and they can re-name it Licencing Lagoon

Feb 2013 CBR
Nemo's First Trip Feb 2012 ASMo
Kronk and Tink's first trip together Oct 2008 POFQ
Kronk has stayed many many times (somewhere between 15-20) At FW
Kronk N Tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: