Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #16
jjones144
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by polynor
Just back from the 6night new years cruise from Galveston. There is a character breakfast -- it's assigned like your dinner rotation.

We did not do the tea with Alice.
Have cameras ready -- they cycle them pretty quickly and the professional wasn't there for our breakfast (or at least didn't get to us).

We had assgined late dinner seating, our Character Breakfast was 9:45am.
How was your cruise? We leave out of Galveston on a 6 day cruise on January 12. I see you said you didn't do the Tea with Alice, but did they offer it? Do you have any tips? This is my 3rd Disney cruise, but first on Magic. Thanks.
jjones144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #17
polynor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones144 View Post
How was your cruise? We leave out of Galveston on a 6 day cruise on January 12. I see you said you didn't do the Tea with Alice, but did they offer it? Do you have any tips? This is my 3rd Disney cruise, but first on Magic. Thanks.

This was our first cruise ever -- I had an impression it would be more relaxing but we found ourselves almost in theme park commando mode getting the the kids from one activity to another that we thought they would enjoy (when really, they just wanted to play with the bunk beds).

Looking through the Navigators, Tea with Alice is listed in the first day's (embarkation day) Navigator's. Says to stop by Guest Services, limited availability.

This being our first cruise, I don't know if it was typical, but the first full sea day out of Galveston and the sea day returning were quite choppy -- hopefully related to the cold front and not normal.
I was concerned that the Magic would be run down being the old ship -- but she was in good condition and we were happy.

I also thought the Galveston terminal would not be themed at all -- but it was. Inside the terminal there were disney banners and you could do the kids club registration from inside. They also had Minnie available for pictures (that might have been for repeat cruisers as our regular line didn't take us through it). And then during the sailaway, the terminal crew were out there waving with Mickey hands.

The Magic was pretty easy to navigate. We didn't do any menu breakfasts/lunches except for our character breakfast. The food was decent -- the best was at Lumiere's. Parrot Cay you can feel the ship vibration the most (that was a problem for me). Animator's Palate, the back panel of the little Mermaid doesn't seem to function properly.

The kids LOVED Jeff Teveggia (Juggler) -- if he's still on it and you have kids, make sure you catch his Family show (his adult show is good too).

This hits the main things that stick out -- was planning on posting a separate thread on thing I learned.
polynor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #18
jjones144
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by polynor

This was our first cruise ever -- I had an impression it would be more relaxing but we found ourselves almost in theme park commando mode getting the the kids from one activity to another that we thought they would enjoy (when really, they just wanted to play with the bunk beds).

Looking through the Navigators, Tea with Alice is listed in the first day's (embarkation day) Navigator's. Says to stop by Guest Services, limited availability.

This being our first cruise, I don't know if it was typical, but the first full sea day out of Galveston and the sea day returning were quite choppy -- hopefully related to the cold front and not normal.
I was concerned that the Magic would be run down being the old ship -- but she was in good condition and we were happy.

I also thought the Galveston terminal would not be themed at all -- but it was. Inside the terminal there were disney banners and you could do the kids club registration from inside. They also had Minnie available for pictures (that might have been for repeat cruisers as our regular line didn't take us through it). And then during the sailaway, the terminal crew were out there waving with Mickey hands.

The Magic was pretty easy to navigate. We didn't do any menu breakfasts/lunches except for our character breakfast. The food was decent -- the best was at Lumiere's. Parrot Cay you can feel the ship vibration the most (that was a problem for me). Animator's Palate, the back panel of the little Mermaid doesn't seem to function properly.

The kids LOVED Jeff Teveggia (Juggler) -- if he's still on it and you have kids, make sure you catch his Family show (his adult show is good too).

This hits the main things that stick out -- was planning on posting a separate thread on thing I learned.
Great, thank you so much for all of the info.
jjones144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #19
sallymomo
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the great info. We leave on Saturday...soooo excited!!!
Carnival Triumph (3/28/11 - 4/2/11 - NOLA: Progresso, Cozumel)
Disney Dream (9/4/22 - 9/8/11 - PC: Nassau, Castaway Cay)
Disney Magic (1/12/13 - 1/18/13 - Galveston: Grand Cayman, Cozumel)
Carnival Magic (3/30/14 - 4/6/14 - Galveston: Isla Roatan, Belize, Cozumel)
sallymomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #20
newdismom
Earning My Ears

This is our first disney cruise and just wondering what goes on at the character breakfast and tea with Alice. I assume you can meet characters/alice at both. Any other special activities? I think we can only expect our 2 year old to sit still for so long on the cruise so just trying to determine which one she would enjoy the most. Thanks!
newdismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #21
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polynor View Post
...Have cameras ready -- they cycle them pretty quickly and the professional wasn't there for our breakfast (or at least didn't get to us).
They stopped having the Shutters photographers at the CBs 2-3 years ago. It helps them go around faster is what I was told.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:33 AM   #22
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdismom
This is our first disney cruise and just wondering what goes on at the character breakfast and tea with Alice. I assume you can meet characters/alice at both. Any other special activities? I think we can only expect our 2 year old to sit still for so long on the cruise so just trying to determine which one she would enjoy the most. Thanks!
Character breakfast is Mickey, Minnie and the gang with Chip and Dale. No Alice or others.

The tea is Alice and the Mad Hatter or a Princess or Wendy.

Honestly the character breakfast is lightning fast (under an hour). If you've been to a WDW character breakfast, this is much faster (not leisurely, not hardly any waiting).

Tea was great and my 3 y.o. loved every minute. This is more a show and snack with pictures afterward. Alice doesn't rotate around the tables so there isn't a waiting for the character lull until after tea when you can line up for a picture.
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #23
afergvip
Earning My Ears

So does the 7 day Fantasy have the Character Breakfast and the tea or just the older ships??
Old 02-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #24
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afergvip
So does the 7 day Fantasy have the Character Breakfast and the tea or just the older ships??
I know the character breakfasts are only on the classic ships. I don't know about the teas though.
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #25
ciraulo887
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if they offer Tea With Alice on the 5 night cruise on the Wonder out of Miami?
ciraulo887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #26
winnie202
Earning My Ears

I believe I read somewhere that the TEa Party was only on cruises 7 days or longer.
winnie202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #27
slg4crzn
Mouseketeer

No character breakfast on Fantasy or Tea with Alice
slg4crzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #28
Schmoopsie Poo!
I will ride, I will fly, chase the wind and touch the sky!

We're on 7-day Alaska on the Wonder in June with only 2 sea days. Does that mean no Character Breakfast?? Because I feel like I've read people talking about Char. Brkfst on Alaska cruises...??
Magical Caribbean Cruise ~ 2003 ● Magical Caribbean Cruise ~ 2009 ● Wonderful Mexican Riviera Cruise ~ February 2011 ● Wonderful Mexican Riviera Cruise ~ October 2011 ● Magical Bahamas Cruise ~ Summer 2012

A dream's made of magic and music and you. Just have faith, trust, and pixie dust to make it come true! Dreams are as real as you want them to be... Just change your perspective, your point of view: the magic in your dreams is right inside of you!

Our Wonder-ful Mexican Riviera TR!
The "Better Late than Never" Halloween/Sweet Sixteen TR!
Schmoopsie Poo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #29
PrettyPrincessJen
AKA "MomBomb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciraulo887 View Post
Does anyone know if they offer Tea With Alice on the 5 night cruise on the Wonder out of Miami?
They offered the Tea with Alice on our 5 day cruise in 2011. My two girls enjoyed it. They actually serve apple juice instead of tea. Do head to Guest Services straightaway though because the tickets go fast.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #30
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoopsie Poo!
We're on 7-day Alaska on the Wonder in June with only 2 sea days. Does that mean no Character Breakfast?? Because I feel like I've read people talking about Char. Brkfst on Alaska cruises...??
There are technically 3 sea days as Tracy Arm is cruising. So the character breakfast is on Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: