Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
mrsromy
Earning My Ears

Looking for info on past sailings (sea conditions, etc)

Hello everyone!

I am new to the DCL ships and have never sailed out of Port Canaveral before (normally on RCCL, most recently on Allure and Oasis). I am hoping that those of you who have been lucky enough to sail out of PC on the Dream (or any other ship) can give me some feedback on sea conditions on your trips (particularly in May) when leaving Port and sailing to Nassau and Castaway Cay.

I don't have issues with sea sickness but unfortunately my husband does...as does my mom, who has never cruised before. They will both have patches so we will hopefully avoid any queasiness. I am hoping that you can also provide some places to go to avoid too much movement as well as some areas to stay away from completely if we're moving around too much.

Also, has anyone sailed 4-night, Itinerary B (the one with the day at sea between Nassau and Castaway C)? if so, when is Pirate night?

Any information would be GREATLY appreciated!
mrsromy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
DizMagic
Mouseketeer

We sailed the Dream early June 2011. It too, was our first ever cruise. I was very worried about sea sickness. I got some Dramamine and was fine the whole trip (as was my partner). The only time I even felt the motion was the first night during the theater show (we had late dinner - so early show). We could see the stage curtains swinging. I have been told that is from passing over the intercontinental water way. It wasn't bad at all and not really a swaying more like a vibrating. The only other time i got slightly woozy was when watching the Pirates 3D on the big screen. I just took off my 3D glasses for a bit and was fine.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
Spurr002
Earning My Ears

On the 4 night, night number one is the worst. Not sure if the ship is going faster then than other times to get to Nassau or what, but that was our experience. Or maybe it's from entering the Bermuda Triangle
Spurr002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #4
mrsromy
Earning My Ears

I've heard that night 1 is the worst...it has to do with passing the currents and the speed at which they are travelling to get us to Nassau on time. Thanks for the information
mrsromy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: