Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
criddla
Earning My Ears

Kids club and lego question

Hi,

This will be our first cruise and my boys have a lot of questions about the activities in the club and lab. DIS boards are such a huge help in getting us prepared! I haven't come across any information about the availability of Legos in the kids club. DS 7 and DS 10 love to build. Does anyone know if there are Legos for the kids to play with? Thanks!
criddla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
canadakath
Mouseketeer

My info may be a bit out of date, but when we were on the Magic in 2011 there was a whole area for building K'nex, no Lego. Lots of the Lego video games on the computers. My boys enjoyed both.

POFQ - May 2009 | AKL - November 2009 | CR - November 2010 | 7-nt Western on the Magic 1/22/2011 | CR - November 2011 | POR - November 2012 |Discovering the Magic of the Med! 12-nt with Greek Isles 6/15/13 | POLY - November 2013

Last edited by canadakath; 01-02-2013 at 01:14 PM.
canadakath is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
bwallace
Keeps Pulling Me In

We were on the Magic last month and there were none in the Club. never went into the lab.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #4
brergnat
DIS Veteran

You won't find Legos or really any toys for building in the kids clubs. They are not allowed due to being a choking hazard for the little ones. ALL toys with small parts were removed from the clubs when the programming went 3-10 year olds in the same areas at all times. It stinks. Our kids hated the club precisely because there were NO toys, just dumb board games.
brergnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by criddla
Hi,

This will be our first cruise and my boys have a lot of questions about the activities in the club and lab. DIS boards are such a huge help in getting us prepared! I haven't come across any information about the availability of Legos in the kids club. DS 7 and DS 10 love to build. Does anyone know if there are Legos for the kids to play with? Thanks!
It's not really the same, but I will give you some ideas of what my Lego-loving kids enjoyed: in the clubs they build with those giant foam pieces that come in different shapes like arches. It sounds babyish but my 8yo enjoyed building castles and such. She cried when a "mean boy" kicked it down, which was a lesson in speaking up for herself to the CMs. They will redirect kids who misbehave . And on Castaway Cay in Scuttles Cove they build sandcastles and play in the sand most of the time. When I picked the kids up last time, it was boys vs girls in digging the longest river to pour water into and flood the castles. Little stuff like that really gets my kids involved. After we left for the beach, I jokingly asked them if next time they'd rather spend the day at SC since they were talking about it so much. To my complete surprise, they said yes!

It probably depends on the child how engaged they let themselves be, but my kids found the clubs to be great fun!
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: