Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #1096
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I guess he sits there when he is available. Any good guess how long this trial will last? A few more months?

Justice For Travis
Old 02-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #1097
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1tinkfans View Post
according to the testimony ...from the cell records..of the month of his murder, he had called her two times.
She called him 14 times...and it was not made clear if those two times were after or before she called him first that month.
And as far as the month ; Travis was murdered on the 4th. So she definitely was stalking him. 14 times before she showed up at his condo on the 3rd. So would that mean June 1-2-3 that she called 14 times? My gawd talk about desperate. Yes, and like you, I was shocked when I heard she called his cell AFTER his death AND left voice mails.

I have a question … will Juan M. be the only one to cross JA?

Also, every thing that JA said on the stand regarding her relationship with Travis … with Travis not being alive to testify, how does any one believe anything she is saying?

THX.

KAR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #1098
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
And as far as the month ; Travis was murdered on the 4th. So she definitely was stalking him. 14 times before she showed up at his condo on the 3rd. So would that mean June 1-2-3 that she called 14 times? My gawd talk about desperate. Yes, and like you, I was shocked when I heard she called his cell AFTER his death AND left voice mails.

I have a question … will Juan M. be the only one to cross JA?

Also, every thing that JA said on the stand regarding her relationship with Travis … with Travis not being alive to testify, how does any one believe anything she is saying?

THX.
From what I understand the jury can ask her questions, but they have not done so yet. They are most likely waiting for JA to do the cross first. That may have answers before asking any questions. I need to read up on the phone calls. Travis did not have much on his computer or phone.

Justice For Travis
Old 02-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #1099
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Remus View Post
The new man in Jodi Arias' life speaks

I noticed this guy a day or so ago when he was sitting behind Jodi's mother and aunt. He had some definite expressions while Jodi was on the stand.
So he thinks she's super sweet and all. Well, she is, when she's not reenacting the scene from Psycho! How many "nice people" have murdered someone? And it sure is easy to behave in JAIL, isn't it. I suggest he never take a shower with her, if he ever gets the opportunity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMK View Post
Also, Jodi spoke of going on a date with Abe hardlastnametospell, he was on a while back...what did he have to say when he was questioned?
LOL I was trying to pronounce that. Duh!
Quote:
Here's one of Abe's appearances on Dr Drew's show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRU4NK-7O-g

ETA: His telephonic testimony should be on one of the daily taped testimonies, but I don't recall which day.
Will have to watch that when I can bring myself to watch anything with Dr Drew.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMK View Post
The questioning reminds me of Legally Blonde where Elle is questioning the girl and keeps saying "So you took a shower..". This is "So he kissed you?", but I don't think this will get the exciting end like Legally Blonde.
OMG, I thought the same thing. But it's like watching an endless loop of the movie scene. And he's got nothing on Reese Witherspoon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
Joining the game late here, although I've been following this thread on and off. (By the way, y'all are a hoot!) I watched some of the trial when I got home the last several nights. Wow, she's a real piece of work!!!

And for some reason, a song from the musical Oklahoma keeps running through my head when I listened to her drone on and on about their sex life.

"I Cain't Say No"

It ain't so much a question of not knowin' hut to do
I knowed what's right an' wrong since I've been teen.
I heared a lot of stories an' I reckon they're true
About how girls are put upon by men.
I know I mustn't fall into the pit
But when I'm with a feller
I fergit!
I'm just a girl who cain't say 'no'
I'm in a terrible fix!
I always say 'Come on, let's go' just when I aughta say 'Nix.'
When a person tries to kiss a girl
I know she aughta give his face a smack!
But as soon as someone kisses me
I somehow sorta want to kiss him back!
I'm just a fool when lights are low
I cain't be prissy an' quaint
I ain't the type that can faint
How can I be what I ain't?
I cain't say 'no!'

Whatcha gonna do when a feller gets flirty
An' starts to talk purty
Whatcha gonna do?
S'pposin' that he says
That your lips are like cherrys,
Or roses, or berries
Whatcha gonna do?
S'pposin' that he says t
That yer sweeter than cream
and he's gotta have cream or die?
Whatcha gonna do when he talks that way?
Spit in his eye?
I'm jist a girl who cain't say no,
Cain't seem to say it at all
I hate to disserpoint a beau
When he is payin' a call!
Fer a while I ack refined and cool,
A settin on the velveteen setee
Nen I think of thet ol' golden rule,
And do fer him what he would do fer me!
I cain't resist a Romeo
In a sombrero and chaps
Soon as I sit on their laps
Somethin' inside of me snaps
I cain't say no!
That's great! "The Jodi Song"!
Quote:
Would you like two high maintenance dogs, they're very sweet?
Sure, I know that "sweet" line. I've got one two...a "getting old" GSD. He's in and out of the house all day, and whines loudly in my ear to be let out WHILE I'M TRYING TO WATCH THE TRIAL. Sheesh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
From what I understand the jury can ask her questions, but they have not done so yet. They are most likely waiting for JA to do the cross first. That may have answers before asking any questions. I need to read up on the phone calls. Travis did not have much on his computer or phone.
I think they have to wait until both the prosecution and defense are done with their questions, and the judge asks the jury if they have any questions. Then, from what I've see so far, when the jury's questions have been asked/answered, the prosecution and defense can followup.

So glad there's no court today and tomorrow. Getting ready for the big snowstorm! I'm in RI. Food shopping today, getting all the laundry done tonight, tomorrow cleaning and vacuuming while we still have power. If we lose power and don't get it back by Monday, who wants a houseguest?
Old 02-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #1100
Sabeking
DIS Veteran

Is the defense done calling witnesses. Did they leave Jodi for last ?
Old 02-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #1101
MaryAnnDVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabeking View Post
Is the defense done calling witnesses. Did they leave Jodi for last ?
Experts coming up. Not sure if there's anyone else. The rebuttal case ought to be awesome.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #1102
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
So glad there's no court today and tomorrow. Getting ready for the big snowstorm! I'm in RI. Food shopping today, getting all the laundry done tonight, tomorrow cleaning and vacuuming while we still have power. If we lose power and don't get it back by Monday, who wants a houseguest?
Oh no, Mare, I didn't know you were up that way, stay safe and we'll send good vibes that everyone up there retains power and the silver lining will be a clean house and full fridge, what can be better than that!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #1103
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
So he thinks she's super sweet and all. Well, she is, when she's not reenacting the scene from Psycho! How many "nice people" have murdered someone? And it sure is easy to behave in JAIL, isn't it. I suggest he never take a shower with her, if he ever gets the opportunity. LOL I was trying to pronounce that. Duh!Will have to watch that when I can bring myself to watch anything with Dr Drew. OMG, I thought the same thing. But it's like watching an endless loop of the movie scene. And he's got nothing on Reese Witherspoon.That's great! "The Jodi Song"!Sure, I know that "sweet" line. I've got one two...a "getting old" GSD. He's in and out of the house all day, and whines loudly in my ear to be let out WHILE I'M TRYING TO WATCH THE TRIAL. Sheesh.I think they have to wait until both the prosecution and defense are done with their questions, and the judge asks the jury if they have any questions. Then, from what I've see so far, when the jury's questions have been asked/answered, the prosecution and defense can followup.

Come on down!

Justice For Travis
Old 02-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #1104
Sabeking
DIS Veteran

I have not watched but the last two weeks but it seems the defense literally brought nothing. Did I miss something? The only abuse I heard was about a lousy occasional wooden spoon. In the seventy's I got the belt a few times. That was not abuse that was discipline 70's style.

My only impression from the two weeks was that she thought sex would keep a man in a relationship. I feel like Travis maybe took a little advantage of that but when she figured out he was not in it for the long haul she lost it and killed him. What do you all think. Are there details that I don't know that could give another motive?
Old 02-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #1105
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
I have not watched but the last two weeks but it seems the defense literally brought nothing. Did I miss something? The only abuse I heard was about a lousy occasional wooden spoon. In the seventy's I got the belt a few times. That was not abuse that was discipline 70's style.

My only impression from the two weeks was that she thought sex would keep a man in a relationship. I feel like Travis maybe took a little advantage of that but when she figured out he was not in it for the long haul she lost it and killed him. What do you all think. Are there details that I don't know that could give another motive?
He did not want to continue the relationship , I believe she did not want him to take the other lady to Mexico. And pissed because he was moving on.

Justice For Travis
Old 02-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #1106
Promomx2
DIS Veteran

I heard that Jodi snuck in through the doggie door. When was that?
Old 02-08-2013, 06:00 AM   #1107
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post
I heard that Jodi snuck in through the doggie door. When was that?
After the break-up. They broke up in 2007, so it was almost a year before she killed him after that.

I think she snuck in thru the doggie door and slept on his couch.
I have no idea if theres was a reason or she just wanted to be near him.

I wonder if the jury knows this one yet?
Old 02-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #1108
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
After the break-up. They broke up in 2007, so it was almost a year before she killed him after that.

I think she snuck in thru the doggie door and slept on his couch.
I have no idea if theres was a reason or she just wanted to be near him.

I wonder if the jury knows this one yet?
I think Mimi Hall testified that Travis told her that, kinda odd she'd (Jodi) do that since one of the roommates told Det Flores the front door was never locked.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #1109
lorimay
DIS Veteran

I think its funny that a woman who claims this man battered her would crawl through his doggie door and enter his home uninvited and give him another reason to batter her........

Hopefully another piece to this puzzle to make the jury scratch their heads.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #1110
MaryAnnDVC

Quote:
Oh no, Mare, I didn't know you were up that way, stay safe and we'll send good vibes that everyone up there retains power and the silver lining will be a clean house and full fridge, what can be better than that!
Thanks. I'm nervously cooking and cleaning and pacing and eating Entenmann's cheese danish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Come on down!
I wish!
Quote:

In a nutshell.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: