Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #3271
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1tinkfans View Post
another day come and gone
Bet cross is not till monday...
Direct finished today. Unless something happens, or there's a hearing, or whatever, cross should be tomorrow.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #3272
Sabeking
DIS Veteran

Thanks ladies. One more question. Have they proven that Travis had a gun to begin with? I know the prosecution believed Jodie stole the grandparents gun. How about the defense have they proven that Travis owned one?

Each day of testimony I feel more and more that Nurmi is trying to talk Jodi into her own defense..geez it's weak!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #3273
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
OK, how did I do, everyone????
Pretty good.

And for more details, there's this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
1) She said that if someone held a gun on her, she would stop so that's what she expected...that he would stop.
2) She claims it was Travis' gun and that she had seen it when she cleaned his closet one time, and it was on the shelf. The knife was somewhere nearby after Travis has used it to cut the rope to tie up Jodi for sex.
3) I think Travis' body was there for 4 or 5 days before it was found. Don't know where the roommates were the whole time, or the day of the murder. Did I hear the A/C had been turned up? Anyway, I lived in a roommate situation for about 8 months after college...we were 4 professionals who traveled at times, and otherwise really didn't spend time together. And food left in the fridge and garbage not put out was an issue, and we were 3 women and one man. Several guys living together probably ignored a lot, like an odor. How many roommates were there?? One said that laundry had been done the day before the murder, so when Travis was found and the police searched the house, the sheets were still in the dryer and the other items in the washer, including the camera.
I wonder if Martinez is going to make an issue out of Jodi's testimony that she shot him first as opposed to the ME's testimony that Travis was shot after the knife attack.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #3274
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabeking View Post
Thanks ladies. One more question. Have they proven that Travis had a gun to begin with? I know the prosecution believed Jodie stole the grandparents gun. How about the defense have they proven that Travis owned one?

Each day of testimony I feel more and more that Nurmi is trying to talk Jodi into her own defense..geez it's weak!
The "proof" that the defense offers that Travis owned a weapon is in Jodi's testimony, take that for what it's worth.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #3275
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

I'm gonna PM this to Mare for our new first page on the next thread, but wanted to post it here in case anyone wants to review these pics.
At the bottom of this article is a slideshow of 150 pictures from the trial: Crime Scene and Trial Photos

ETA: MaryAnnDVC has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Proof our MaryAnn is overworked! LOL

Old 02-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #3276
Sabeking
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Remus View Post
The "proof" that the defense offers that Travis owned a weapon is in Jodi's testimony, take that for what it's worth.
In other words there is no proof. It seems to me that would be something you could prove fairly easy through a gun permit, friends, etc...I can't imagine the guy owned a gun and not one person knew? IDK
Old 02-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #3277
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Travis's friend was on JVM and said Travis owned no guns. All the guns Travis shot belonged to the friend. So if they have the gun she bought and it comes into rebuttal and it matches for the firing out of the barrel, Jodi is toast.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #3278
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
In other words there is no proof. It seems to me that would be something you could prove fairly easy through a gun permit, friends, etc...I can't imagine the guy owned a gun and not one person knew? IDK
I just posted but Travis's friend said he did not own a gun.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #3279
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Travis's friend was on JVM and said Travis owned no guns. All the guns Travis shot belonged to the friend. So if they have the gun she bought and it comes into rebuttal and it matches for the firing out of the barrel, Jodi is toast.
The gun she used was a .25, the gun she bought was a 9 millimeter, two different weapons.

ETA: Jodi's toast anyway. LOL

Old 02-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #3280
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
JA is such a LIAR.
Because even where she pointed out to all that the gun was on the TOP shelf of Travis' closet …. along with some bogus crap about cleaning baseboards etc is when she first noticed it up there. LIAR.
JA is making a fool of herself and us when she makes statements like that. WHAT are we to believe that JA grabbed a step stool, climbed up the step stool, grabbed the gun as she is running down the hall trying to get away from Travis AND then shot the WALL. Gawd.

KAR

Old 02-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #3281
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Quote:
Right.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #3282
Sabeking
DIS Veteran

I know the Casey Anthony trial is a sore spot so people are questioning what will happen. I truly believe the prosecution will get what they want. Have any of you all heard of the Brad Cooper / Nancy Cooper trial. I lived down the road from these folks and they nailed him for really circumstantial evidence. I'm not saying he wasn't guilty; just they found him guilty on what I thought was not concrete evidence. I was addicted to that trial!! Probably because it was in my neck of the woods.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #3283
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Quote:
I know the Casey Anthony trial is a sore spot so people are questioning what will happen. I truly believe the prosecution will get what they want. Have any of you all heard of the Brad Cooper / Nancy Cooper trial. I lived down the road from these folks and they nailed him for really circumstantial evidence. I'm not saying he wasn't guilty; just they found him guilty on what I thought was not concrete evidence. I was addicted to that trial!! Probably because it was in my neck of the woods.
I think I understand what you mean, but I don't think the prosecution will get exactly what they want. They want the death penalty for premeditated murder, so far Jodi's only confessed to 2nd degree murder and to avoid a hung jury, all those jurors have to agree it was premeditated. I'm afraid one or two may believe it wasn't premeditated, but a murder of a lesser degree and the others may go along with it to avoid that hung jury.

One of the questions the defense can ask the jury to consider is if Jodi was a stalker feared by Travis, why did he let her in the house to stay for several hours? She's corroborated that she arrived at 4ish in the morning by Travis' verified Youtube views to the time she killed him at 5ish in the evening. She coulda killed him anytime if she had intended to kill him when she left Yreka. There's 12 jurors, I bet more than one has some unanswered questions, maybe they'll ask Jodi.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #3284
PebblesMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Pretty good.

And for more details, there's this:

I wonder if Martinez is going to make an issue out of Jodi's testimony that she shot him first as opposed to the ME's testimony that Travis was shot after the knife attack.
Correct me if I'm wrong, because I didn't watch testimony today...wasn't the gunshot the only thing brought up? If stabbings and slashings weren't brought up, there wouldn't be a discussion on what came first. Yes, it's implied but everybody knows there is more that he endured.

I'm also thinking that the large blood stain by the bedroom door leading to the bathroom hallway is where he had his neck slit, which would seem to be the final thing she did to him.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #3285
Sabeking
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think I understand what you mean, but I don't think the prosecution will get exactly what they want. They want the death penalty for premeditated murder, so far Jodi's only confessed to 2nd degree murder and to avoid a hung jury, all those jurors have to agree it was premeditated. I'm afraid one or two may believe it wasn't premeditated, but a murder of a lesser degree and the others may go along with it to avoid that hung jury.

One of the questions the defense can ask the jury to consider is if Jodi was a stalker feared by Travis, why did he let her in the house to stay for several hours? She's corroborated that she arrived at 4ish in the morning by Travis' verified Youtube views to the time she killed him at 5ish in the evening. She coulda killed him anytime if she had intended to kill him when she left Yreka. There's 12 jurors, I bet more than one has some unanswered questions, maybe they'll ask Jodi.
Good points
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: