Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #1
shburks
DIS Veteran
 
shburks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 1,554

Magical Express One Way Question...

We've done ME a number of times but always round trip. This time we're arriving at POFQ after a cruise and booked ME for only the return leg to the airport. Will I get anything in the mail or will I get ticket/booklet thing at the resort?

Thanks!
__________________

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW:All Star Sports Oct 2014 * Caribbean Beach Resort Oct 2014, Feb 2015 * Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,095

If you have booked POFQ separate from the cruise line package, you will get an envelope on your door on the second to the last day of your trip.

If you booked through the cruise line and added the resort with your package, years ago when I first started going, it used to be the land/sea package and everything came from the cruise line.

I have booked a cruise package and added the resort portion for my cruise for this December, so I am not sure how they do it now.
__________________
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
shburks
DIS Veteran
 
shburks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 1,554

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
If you have booked POFQ separate from the cruise line package, you will get an envelope on your door on the second to the last day of your trip.

If you booked through the cruise line and added the resort with your package, years ago when I first started going, it used to be the land/sea package and everything came from the cruise line.

I have booked a cruise package and added the resort portion for my cruise for this December, so I am not sure how they do it now.
Booked separately. No longer a land/sea package! Sounds like I'll get it at POFQ then. No need for it earlier...just usually have it in hand when I leave the house!
__________________

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW:All Star Sports Oct 2014 * Caribbean Beach Resort Oct 2014, Feb 2015 * Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
tinka-belle
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wishing on a Star in North Reading MA
Posts: 2,053

I've booke one way home in the past. You most likely will still get the separate booklet mailed to you. But you only need a copy of the resort info letter you get the day before check out. It's bar coded and the driver can accept that in lieu of the booklet voucher.
tinka-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,095

Quote:
Originally Posted by shburks View Post
Booked separately. No longer a land/sea package! Sounds like I'll get it at POFQ then. No need for it earlier...just usually have it in hand when I leave the house!
I would take my reservation confirmation just to be sure and you can always call when you get down there.

Half the time, my departing flight was never correct and I always had to call anyway.

I am actually thrilled they did away from the land/sea package, because it defined what level of resort you could stay at by what cabin you could afford.

Since I usually traveled alone, I had to stay at an inside cabin and at a moderate resort; now that you can book the resort as part of your cruise, it is nice to be able to pick what cabins and resort booking categories you want to stay with.
__________________
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #6
lanejudy
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,291
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
...I am actually thrilled they did away from the land/sea package, because it defined what level of resort you could stay at by what cabin you could afford....
That's precisely why they did away with the combined packages, that and because you couldn't apply any WDW special offers to the land/sea package! Most people were booking each part separately anyway. It's always a better deal to have them booked separately.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #7
pixarmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,350

shburks, we've done one-way ME many many times before, including ME from BC to the airport following our Disney cruise. We've also done one-way ME from WL to airport, AKL to airport, CR to airport and YC to airport.

We're doing a one-way ME from BWI to airport later this month and as usual, I received an ME booklet with vouchers for BWI to the airport. Our back-to-the-airport vouchers always have "no flight information provided" for the arrival and our flight information for the departure.

So even if you're booking just one-way ME, you should receive the vouchers. If you don't receive them and it's less than 45 days before your trip, I'd call and check the status.
__________________
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
shburks
DIS Veteran
 
shburks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 1,554

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom
shburks, we've done one-way ME many many times before, including ME from BC to the airport following our Disney cruise. We've also done one-way ME from WL to airport, AKL to airport, CR to airport and YC to airport.

We're doing a one-way ME from BWI to airport later this month and as usual, I received an ME booklet with vouchers for BWI to the airport. Our back-to-the-airport vouchers always have "no flight information provided" for the arrival and our flight information for the departure.

So even if you're booking just one-way ME, you should receive the vouchers. If you don't receive them and it's less than 45 days before your trip, I'd call and check the status.
Thanks so much for your help and advice. We leave here Jan 26 so definitely within the window!
__________________

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW:All Star Sports Oct 2014 * Caribbean Beach Resort Oct 2014, Feb 2015 * Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #9
pixarmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,350

Quote:
Originally Posted by shburks View Post
Thanks so much for your help and advice. We leave here Jan 26 so definitely within the window!
Too funny - we also leave on January 26! Have a great trip and enjoy the cruise! By the way, we LOVED staying at WDW resort after our cruise on the Dream did you do that after your cruise on the Fantasy? It's really hard to leave the ship and stopping at WDW first helped us ease our way back into real life (just a little.) When we left the Disney Wonder in August and went straight to the Seattle airport, it was much more difficult!
__________________
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #10
shburks
DIS Veteran
 
shburks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 1,554

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom

Too funny - we also leave on January 26! Have a great trip and enjoy the cruise! By the way, we LOVED staying at WDW resort after our cruise on the Dream did you do that after your cruise on the Fantasy? It's really hard to leave the ship and stopping at WDW first helped us ease our way back into real life (just a little.) When we left the Disney Wonder in August and went straight to the Seattle airport, it was much more difficult!
That IS funny! We did stay a few extra days at WDW after our Fantasy cruise but tried to make it an inexpensive stay and went to Pop...bad decision after coming off Fantasy. It felt like the Motel 6! Going to POFQ this time and hoping for something better!!

Thanks for your help. Do you live in Seattle area? Lived in Olympia/Lacey 2002-2005
__________________

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW:All Star Sports Oct 2014 * Caribbean Beach Resort Oct 2014, Feb 2015 * Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.