Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran
 
GrumpyFamilyof5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,356

Questions on a couple hotels please??

We're on more of a budget this go around, so trying to find a nice but afforadable offsite hotel, Super 8 we've stayed at before have raised their prices and though it wasn't bad was really noisy being right behind the Publix,lol...so I've been looking at these hotels, a few bad reviews on Tripadvisor,but overall I guess seem ok, wanted to see if any of you have any opinion about them...
Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee....Howard Johnson Lake Front Park...Super 8 Suites(Vine St)..another which is a little bit higher but I can get a decent Military rate for is the Best Western DTD...any info on these would be appreciated, the best rate is the Hojo,but I'm ify on that one...
Thanks! I've been on here so much trying to figure it out driving me crazy lol
__________________
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate


Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(16) Jasper Precious
GrumpyFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
nepean
Mouseketeer
 
nepean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Nepean, On, Canada
Posts: 429

We are staying at the Howard Johnson Lakefront Jan 6-27. Rates are excellent and hasv reputation as being very clean.
__________________
nepean is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-02-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
christineann
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,837

My sister and I took our daughters last year and stayed at the DTD Best Western. Loved it! Very clean/large rooms, extremely comfortable beds, attentive staff and convenient bus service. We plan to stay there again.
christineann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran
 
goofyfigment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,161

Stayed one night at comfort suites on 192 next to old town. Nice hotel we got it from hotels tonight for 49 dollars
__________________
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran
 
GrumpyFamilyof5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,356

Thanks!
__________________
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate


Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(16) Jasper Precious
GrumpyFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #6
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyFamilyof5 View Post
We're on more of a budget this go around, so trying to find a nice but afforadable offsite hotel, Super 8 we've stayed at before have raised their prices and though it wasn't bad was really noisy being right behind the Publix,lol...so I've been looking at these hotels, a few bad reviews on Tripadvisor,but overall I guess seem ok, wanted to see if any of you have any opinion about them...
Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee....Howard Johnson Lake Front Park...Super 8 Suites(Vine St)..another which is a little bit higher but I can get a decent Military rate for is the Best Western DTD...any info on these would be appreciated, the best rate is the Hojo,but I'm ify on that one...
Thanks! I've been on here so much trying to figure it out driving me crazy lol
What is your price range. Gaylord Palms is a very nice resort and I always get a nice military rate there, often below $100. You have to call to get the military rate and it does vary by the time you visit. It's a better rate for me than paying for Shades of Green (military MWR resort on Disney property near Poly and MK).

I have stayed at the DTD Wyndam resort with a military discount as well. It is right across the street from DTD. The lower/garden rooms are motel style and noisy, the tower rooms are quiter. Often they "upgrade" you from ground floor to tower if they have rooms available.

When you call any resort in Orlando be sure to get the room price per night, then the resort fees, taxes, and parking fees (if you have a car) to get the real price. Some resorts will tell you a room is $89 per night but then add on additional fees.
4kids4karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #7
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 676

I see you are a family of 5. We are a family of 6. When we have stayed at Shades of Green, DD was so young we never claimed her (had annual passes to Disney). Shades of Green standard room sleeps 5, unlike other standard rooms that sleep 4.

The Shades of Green standard room is two queen beds and a sofa sleeper with a single bed.
4kids4karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #8
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran
 
GrumpyFamilyof5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,356

4kids4karen: thanks, have looked into all the above, to much for us right now, guess it doesn't help we'll be there Presidents weekend. I really don't want to go over $75 a night, which seems to be hard anymore.
I've actually found another that seems really nice if anyone has any input about it and that is the Clarion Lake Buena Vista??

just wanted to add the oldest DS doesn't go anymore,just 4 of us.
__________________
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate


Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(16) Jasper Precious

Last edited by GrumpyFamilyof5; 01-03-2013 at 12:03 PM. Reason: added
GrumpyFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #9
goodfood4ursoul
DIS Veteran
 
goodfood4ursoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southern Virginia
Posts: 559

Smile one bedroom suite for $59 a night

We are paying $59 a night (plus tax) for a one bedroom suite at
Orlando Courtyard Suites in Kissimmee- it's adjacent to All Star Movies resort, right on 192.

http://orlando-courtyard-suites.com/...size-beds.html

We stayed there in October for 5 nights- king bed, jacuzzi tub, shower, full kitchen with stove, micro, dishwasher, granite counter tops, washer and dryer in a closet next to the bathroom, living room with sleeper sofa, free wifi, tv.
(They also have 1 bedroom suites with 2 queens, as well as 2 and 3 bedroom suites)

Prices vary on time of year.
Now the outside is nothing to look at- this is a budget suite hotel not a resort.
There is an exercise room.
I'm told there is a pool but I never saw it but I never went looking for it either.
We have annual passes to Typhoon Lagoon and BB so we didn't waste our time on a hotel pool.
We felt safe there and even caught part of the fireworks from both Epcot and MK from the parking lot one night.

What was great was being able to keep our budget for food manageable.
We spent $40 on breakfast and lunch items, ate breakfast in our suite, packed a small. soft cooler bag with water and healthy snacks and took it with us to the water parks.
That enabled us to enjoy some nice dinners out while we were on vacation- guilt free.
And 192 is chock full of restaurant options- very convenient to the parks and DTD as well.

We found that it is a good fit for us.
In spending less on food and accommodations we are able to visit more often!
We'll be back on May 19...
__________________
Getting there is half the fun~


















yep

Last edited by goodfood4ursoul; 01-03-2013 at 03:39 PM. Reason: clarification
goodfood4ursoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #10
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran
 
GrumpyFamilyof5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,356

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfood4ursoul View Post
We are paying $59 a night (plus tax) for a one bedroom suite at
Orlando Courtyard Suites in Kissimmee- it's adjacent to All Star Movies resort, right on 192.

http://orlando-courtyard-suites.com/...size-beds.html

We stayed there in October for 5 nights- king bed, jacuzzi tub, shower, full kitchen with stove, micro, dishwasher, granite counter tops, washer and dryer in a closet next to the bathroom, living room with sleeper sofa, free wifi, tv.
(They also have 1 bedroom suites with 2 queens, as well as 2 and 3 bedroom suites)

Prices vary on time of year.
Now the outside is nothing to look at- this is a budget suite hotel not a resort.
There is an exercise room.
I'm told there is a pool but I never saw it but I never went looking for it either.
We have annual passes to Typhoon Lagoon and BB so we didn't waste our time on a hotel pool.
We felt safe there and even caught part of the fireworks from both Epcot and MK from the parking lot one night.

What was great was being able to keep our budget for food manageable.
We spent $40 on breakfast and lunch items, ate breakfast in our suite, packed a small. soft cooler bag with water and healthy snacks and took it with us to the water parks.
That enabled us to enjoy some nice dinners out while we were on vacation- guilt free.
And 192 is chock full of restaurant options- very convenient to the parks and DTD as well.

We found that it is a good fit for us.
In spending less on food and accommodations we are able to visit more often!
We'll be back on May 19...
wow thanks will look into that!!
__________________
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate


Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(16) Jasper Precious
GrumpyFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #11
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 676

I think any hotel you choose is fine as long as you don't go in expecting Disney standards. Unless there is a true safety concern or an unclean room, I think any place will work.

We live in Tampa and my daughter has cheer competitions at the Silver Spurs arena in Kissimmee often and the parents get hotels near there at a good rate. I just plugged in dates (in expedia with the location as the Silver Spurs arena) around President weekend and a Howard Johnson rate was $30. Several other hotels were $40-75 range.
4kids4karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:49 PM   #12
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 676

As a military member I was overseas for 2 years, so my husband was Mr. Mom and Cheer dad (he is retired military now). I just asked him what hotels he heard the other mom's talking about the most last cheer season and he heard good reviews on "The Rose Inn"

http://www.roseninn9000.com/

The website looks like nice pools, play area for the kids. I plugged in Feb 15-19 and was given a rate of $74.49.

I never book via website. I always call and ask for a military discount, etc.
4kids4karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #13
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 676

DH just corrected me. He says it wasn't the Rosen but "Rose" something in Kissimmee. I can't find it but found a "Red Rose" Inn in Plant City that closed in December. Sad story about it.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humanin...se-inn/1268110
4kids4karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #14
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran
 
GrumpyFamilyof5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,356

thanks for all the info! DD just stayed at Rosen Inn while she was down there last month for Jr Beta, I looked into,very nice,she liked it,but it is so close to Universal...kinda want something closer to Disney...it is just a bummer that places I stayed at in the past have raised their prices so much or have went down hill... thinking of BW DTD or Clarion,both have decent Military rates!
__________________
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate


Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(16) Jasper Precious
GrumpyFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #15
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side
 
spiceycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: birmingham, Al
Posts: 36,927

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyFamilyof5 View Post
l... thinking of BW DTD or Clarion,both have decent Military rates!
if your BW DTD is this one

http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/hotels/best-western

check the address

then would go with it. You are on Disney property. and although these buses are not WDW - they go back and forth to the parks every 30 minutes.

you can walk to DD.

if you get a tower room facing WDW - you can see the fireworks each night - these were offered at check in for like $10 more per room.

so if they still do this - this is a bargin. (yea and I don't like heights)
__________________
Pat J


Last edited by spiceycat; 01-04-2013 at 07:29 PM.
spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.