Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
princessap
DIS Veteran

Planning for next trip! Advice please

I am planning our next trip before we have already taken the one in March...LOL...I am sure many of you can relate to that!

I am looking at the CR and going all out for a TPV...are those only available in the tower??
What exactly is the difference between garden wing rooms and the tower, besides price???

I think it would be amazing to watch wishes and fall asleep to the castle at night, I read somewhere which number to request to get the bed facing the right way on here somewhere too!!! You guys are the best!
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Yes, TPV rooms are only in the tower and other than price and view, the rooms are the same in both the tower and garden wing. One other difference between the two is all tower rooms have a balcony, while the garden wing rooms do not. We haven't stayed at the CR as the theme/decor has never appealed to us, but the more I research it, the more I want to stay there, so we are trying it for a few nights after our cruise in December .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
princessap
DIS Veteran

Looks like we have the same taste! LOL.

I have always wanted to stay there but always thought it didn't look kid friendly but with three small kids I think it might work out great! I would consider switching for this trip but nothing is available
Old 01-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Yes, TPV rooms are only in the tower and other than price and view, the rooms are the same in both the tower and garden wing. One other difference between the two is all tower rooms have a balcony, while the garden wing rooms do not. We haven't stayed at the CR as the theme/decor has never appealed to us, but the more I research it, the more I want to stay there, so we are trying it for a few nights after our cruise in December .
Did you book Theme park view??
Old 01-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Looks like we have the same taste! LOL.

I have always wanted to stay there but always thought it didn't look kid friendly but with three small kids I think it might work out great! I would consider switching for this trip but nothing is available
Looks like we do . I have never considered the CR because it feels like a regular hotel to me, unlike all of the other resorts we've stayed at. But once I started researching it and looked at pics of the new rooms, I kind of started getting used to the thought of trying it. We've stayed at the GF and Poly, so now I guess I want to add the CR to complete the list of monorail resort stays .

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Did you book Theme park view??
I haven't booked yet, but I will be booking a TPV .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: