Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #796
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.
 
disneygirl520's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 20,870

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings View Post
OOC: I like her too!

Daniel: Daniel strummed out the final notes of the song and sat back, looking thoughtful. There was one song that he liked, it was mostly acoustic lake Time of Your Life, but by a different band. The problem was, it was a love song. And Daniel didn't think of River or anypone else in that way, just friends, but some people would't believe him.
River: River clapped when Daniel finished his song but this time didn't jump up to hug him, she didn't like others watching her. She finished clapping and sat back, she could tell Daniel was thinking about something, but she just didn't know what.
__________________
Heather
I will never stop believing in Disney magic.
disneygirl520 is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #797
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black
 
Fairywings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood
Posts: 27,903

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl520 View Post
River: River clapped when Daniel finished his song but this time didn't jump up to hug him, she didn't like others watching her. She finished clapping and sat back, she could tell Daniel was thinking about something, but she just didn't know what.
Daniel: Daniel smiled. He was just thinking really, and didn't want anyone to worry. Daniel had figured out a while back that if you smiled a lot, people wouldn't worry. And so far, it seemed to have worked.
__________________
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR


I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Fairywings is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #798
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.
 
disneygirl520's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 20,870

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings

Daniel: Daniel smiled. He was just thinking really, and didn't want anyone to worry. Daniel had figured out a while back that if you smiled a lot, people wouldn't worry. And so far, it seemed to have worked.
River: River smiled back at Daniel, she liked his smile. "Daniel you really are very talented, I wish I knew how to play" she continued to smile.
__________________
Heather
I will never stop believing in Disney magic.
disneygirl520 is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #799
DisneyFreak98
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyFreak98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 450

OOC: Sorry I missed gym! I can't use the computer after nine, and I was out almost all day today. I'm all caught up, though. I hope Amelia will be able to be in gym tomorrow (:

Amelia: Amelia sat quietly on one of the couches, a little separated from the others. She heard Daniel on his guitar and thought he was fantastic. Amelia had taken piano lessons when she was younger, but after her father died, her mother didn't really care anymore. She lost a lot more than just her father when he died. She pretty much lost her life, happiness, and her mother, as well. Amelia didn't like to think about those things, though, so she put those thoughts away. Instead, she started thinking about River and Daniel. They seemed to be getting very close, and very friendly. Amelia had noticed a lot of hugging and some hand-holding. She was somewhat jealous of River. When she had first seen River, she seemed as shy as Amelia, but now she had friends, and potentially even a boyfriend. Amelia was frustrated with herself for not being able to make friends, but she didn't know how to change, like River.
__________________
DisneyFreak98 is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #800
soccer_mickey
Mouseketeer
 
soccer_mickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 349

Margo: Margo sighed as she plopped down in one of the chairs in the library. She had found her own quiet little corner, ready to recharge. After their hike in the woods, lunch, and defeating the dummies, she needed it. She closed her eyes and let herself sink into the chair, half dozing off. She smiled as someone began to sing and play a guitar somewhere. The sound carried nicely through the library.

Nate: Even after he was in the library, all Nate could think about was how he would better defeat those dummies. He wasn't tired at all, because of the endurance he had worked up, so his mind kept racing. He decided to find a book on animals, and see what powers would be best worth his time to develop. He sighed, thinking about how much work he had in store.
soccer_mickey is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #801
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black
 
Fairywings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood
Posts: 27,903

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak98 View Post
OOC: Sorry I missed gym! I can't use the computer after nine, and I was out almost all day today. I'm all caught up, though. I hope Amelia will be able to be in gym tomorrow (:

Amelia: Amelia sat quietly on one of the couches, a little separated from the others. She heard Daniel on his guitar and thought he was fantastic. Amelia had taken piano lessons when she was younger, but after her father died, her mother didn't really care anymore. She lost a lot more than just her father when he died. She pretty much lost her life, happiness, and her mother, as well. Amelia didn't like to think about those things, though, so she put those thoughts away. Instead, she started thinking about River and Daniel. They seemed to be getting very close, and very friendly. Amelia had noticed a lot of hugging and some hand-holding. She was somewhat jealous of River. When she had first seen River, she seemed as shy as Amelia, but now she had friends, and potentially even a boyfriend. Amelia was frustrated with herself for not being able to make friends, but she didn't know how to change, like River.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey View Post
Margo: Margo sighed as she plopped down in one of the chairs in the library. She had found her own quiet little corner, ready to recharge. After their hike in the woods, lunch, and defeating the dummies, she needed it. She closed her eyes and let herself sink into the chair, half dozing off. She smiled as someone began to sing and play a guitar somewhere. The sound carried nicely through the library.

Nate: Even after he was in the library, all Nate could think about was how he would better defeat those dummies. He wasn't tired at all, because of the endurance he had worked up, so his mind kept racing. He decided to find a book on animals, and see what powers would be best worth his time to develop. He sighed, thinking about how much work he had in store.
OOC: Hey! There will be a different schedule tomorrow, so who knows if we'll have gym.

Did you guys catch up?

Daniel: Daniel smiled. "Thanks. It's taken me a while to learn. Maybe we'll have music classes, and you can learn to play."
__________________
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR


I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Fairywings is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #802
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.
 
disneygirl520's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 20,870

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings

OOC: Hey! There will be a different schedule tomorrow, so who knows if we'll have gym.

Did you guys catch up?

Daniel: Daniel smiled. "Thanks. It's taken me a while to learn. Maybe we'll have music classes, and you can learn to play."
River: Her eyes lit up, "really you think so! That would be wonderful. I've always wanted to play something."
__________________
Heather
I will never stop believing in Disney magic.
disneygirl520 is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #803
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black
 
Fairywings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood
Posts: 27,903

OOC: Speaking of classes, these are the ones I currently have on my list of classes:

*English
*Social Studies/History
*Power/Combat
*Science
*Math
*PE
and study hall, but I'm not sure if that counts.

Now we could have things like music and art and theatre and other languages, but it's a bit of a stretch that Professor Collins can teach all the academic classes as well as PE, without adding in the fine arts.

So, I don't know. Do you guys want classes for that? There's twenty students, so I don't think extracurricular activities(other than saving the world) and clubs are even relevant. Maybe if you guys wanted to bring in professors as well, then it might be a good idea to at least think about.But by no means am I forcing you guys to do anything. If you guys really want to do that, then we could talk about it.
__________________
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR


I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Fairywings is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #804
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black
 
Fairywings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood
Posts: 27,903

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl520 View Post
River: Her eyes lit up, "really you think so! That would be wonderful. I've always wanted to play something."
Daniel: Daniel nodded. "Sure, anyone can learn to play an instrument, as long as they practice, try and have a good teacher."
__________________
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR


I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Fairywings is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #805
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.
 
disneygirl520's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 20,870

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings

Daniel: Daniel nodded. "Sure, anyone can learn to play an instrument, as long as they practice, try and have a good teacher."
River: "I suppose that's true," she thought about it , there was so much she missed out on as a child, if only she could rewind time, but she knew she couldn't do that. She looked down at her lap something she always did when she was thinking, sad, or nervous. Right now she was thinking she always tried her best not to think about "what if" but right now the questions wouldn't stop racing through her mind. She put a hand up to her head and willed the questions to stop.
__________________
Heather
I will never stop believing in Disney magic.
disneygirl520 is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #806
DisneyFreak98
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyFreak98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings View Post
OOC: Speaking of classes, these are the ones I currently have on my list of classes:

*English
*Social Studies/History
*Power/Combat
*Science
*Math
*PE
and study hall, but I'm not sure if that counts.

Now we could have things like music and art and theatre and other languages, but it's a bit of a stretch that Professor Collins can teach all the academic classes as well as PE, without adding in the fine arts.

So, I don't know. Do you guys want classes for that? There's twenty students, so I don't think extracurricular activities(other than saving the world) and clubs are even relevant. Maybe if you guys wanted to bring in professors as well, then it might be a good idea to at least think about.But by no means am I forcing you guys to do anything. If you guys really want to do that, then we could talk about it.
OOC: I don't mind not having the extras. I think it might be somewhat complicated, and there are so many other things to do on the island, I'm not sure we really need them. Plus, there are quite a few classes already. But if others want them, I don't really mind at all.
__________________
DisneyFreak98 is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #807
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black
 
Fairywings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood
Posts: 27,903

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl520 View Post
River: "I suppose that's true," she thought about it , there was so much she missed out on as a child, if only she could rewind time, but she knew she couldn't do that. She looked down at her lap something she always did when she was thinking, sad, or nervous. Right now she was thinking she always tried her best not to think about "what if" but right now the questions wouldn't stop racing through her mind. She put a hand up to her head and willed the questions to stop.
Daniel: Daniel noticed River looked a little bit sadder than she had previously. He set down the guitar and moved over to sit beside her. "Hey, you all right?" he asked, concerned.
__________________
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR


I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Fairywings is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #808
soccer_mickey
Mouseketeer
 
soccer_mickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 349

Nate: After browsing through the nonfiction section, Nate soon located a book called The Animal Encyclopedia. It didn't have too many words and had lots of pictures, perfect for someone who didn't really like reading, like himself. Then, Nate returned to the rest of the group, and plopped down on a couch. Seeing Daniel with a guitar, and having heard him earlier, he said, "You're good," while nodding his head to the guitar. He kicked off his shoes and lay down on the couch, then opened his book to page 1. After flipping through it, Nate decided he was going to have to make a list of all the animals and their best abilities, then he could narrow it down to the ones he wanted to work on. He got out a notebook, the pen Margo had lent him earlier, and flipped to the first animal. He skipped both aardvark and albatross, because they didn't seem helpful. Then, at the top of the page, he wrote ALLIGATOR. After skimming through the section, he added -armor like skin next to it. How do I even develop a armor like skin? Poke myself until my skin gets used thicker, like an alligator? He wrote *TALK TO COLLINS* at the top, to remind himself to ask her later.

Last edited by soccer_mickey; 01-21-2013 at 08:11 PM.
soccer_mickey is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #809
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black
 
Fairywings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood
Posts: 27,903

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak98 View Post
OOC: I don't mind not having the extras. I think it might be somewhat complicated, and there are so many other things to do on the island, I'm not sure we really need them. Plus, there are quite a few classes already. But if others want them, I don't really mind at all.
OOC: I didn't really care one way or the other, though having them is slightly more complicated. You're right, there is a ton to do on the island. I just wanted to let people voice their opinions.
__________________
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR


I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Fairywings is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #810
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black
 
Fairywings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood
Posts: 27,903

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey View Post
Nate: After browsing through the nonfiction section, Nate soon located a book called The Animal Encyclopedia. It didn't have too many words and had lots of pictures, perfect for someone who didn't really like reading, like himself. Then, Nate returned to the rest of the group, and plopped down on a couch. Seeing Daniel with a guitar, and having heard him earlier, he said, "You're good," while nodding his head to the guitar. He kicked off his shoes and lay down on the couch, then opened his book to page 1. After flipping through it, Nate decided he was going to have to make a list of all the animals and their best abilities, then he could narrow it down to the ones he wanted to work on. He got out a notebook, the pen Margo had lent him earlier, and flipped to the first animal. He skipped both aardvark and albatross, because they didn't seem helpful. Then, at the top of the page, he wrote ALLIGATOR. After skimming through the section, he added -armor like skin next to it. How do I even develop a armor like shell? Poke myself until my skin gets used thicker, like an armadillo. He wrote *TALK TO COLLINS* at the top, to remind himself to ask her later.
Daniel: Daniel nodded, smiled and said, "Thanks man."
__________________
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR


I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Fairywings is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.