Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #511
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl520 View Post
River: River began following the group, and realized that she hadn't seen Max come out of the room, at the same time she realized that she really didn't feel like being social, so she left the group and made her way down to the first floor stumbling upon Max sitting on the couch looking out the window. River sighed, she didn't want to invade on Max, but it was to late to leave now. Instead she smiled a half smile, looked down at the floor and sat down across from Max.
Max: Max had seen River approach out of the corner of her eye. It seemed River hadn't noticed Max was there until it was too late. Max could relate to being stuck in awkward situations, caught between rock and hard place. So Max flashed her a small smile, but it was gone almost as quickly as it came, nd if you blinked or wasn't paying attention you wouldn't have seen it at all.
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Old 01-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #512
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings

Max: Max had seen River approach out of the corner of her eye. It seemed River hadn't noticed Max was there until it was too late. Max could relate to being stuck in awkward situations, caught between rock and hard place. So Max flashed her a small smile, but it was gone almost as quickly as it came, nd if you blinked or wasn't paying attention you wouldn't have seen it at all.
River: River sat, flattening her skirt for what felt like an eternity, she wondered if Max felt as awkward right now as she did. She wanted to talk, but she just didn't know what to say.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #513
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
River: River sat, flattening her skirt for what felt like an eternity, she wondered if Max felt as awkward right now as she did. She wanted to talk, but she just didn't know what to say.
Max: Max knew everything was awkward. She didn't have to be Max to know that. Quietly, Max remarked, "You can ask me questions. I'm sure they're on everyone's mind." Gone was the sad, unsteady voice. This one was quiet, but firm and resolved. Max had gotten a grip on herself, and that was good. Sometimes, it was only through sheer willpower that Max got through the day.
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Old 01-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #514
disneygirl520

Quote:

Max: Max knew everything was awkward. She didn't have to be Max to know that. Quietly, Max remarked, "You can ask me questions. I'm sure they're on everyone's mind." Gone was the sad, unsteady voice. This one was quiet, but firm and resolved. Max had gotten a grip on herself, and that was good. Sometimes, it was only through sheer willpower that Max got through the day.
River: even though she had been hoping Max would say something the spin of her voice still startled her as it broke the silence of the room. River didn't know what to say, "oh....sorry, I don't really know what to ask. I don't have any experience with parents. No wait, that doesn't matter now, it's just...how do..." River was getting her words jumbled in her mind, she was trying so hard to find the right thing to say but wasn't finding anything at all. "sorry" river sighed she had been trying not to apologize so much, but it just wasn't working. "I....I guess I just....wanted to.....to make sure you were okay" River finally said taking time to plan her words carefully.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #515
Fairywings

Quote:
River: even though she had been hoping Max would say something the spin of her voice still startled her as it broke the silence of the room. River didn't know what to say, "oh....sorry, I don't really know what to ask. I don't have any experience with parents. No wait, that doesn't matter now, it's just...how do..." River was getting her words jumbled in her mind, she was trying so hard to find the right thing to say but wasn't finding anything at all. "sorry" river sighed she had been trying not to apologize so much, but it just wasn't working. "I....I guess I just....wanted to.....to make sure you were okay" River finally said taking time to plan her words carefully.
Max: Max listened as River tried to figure out what to say. The problem is, when you encounter something like what had just happened, watching one of your fellow students break, you wanted to say something, but there really wasn't much to say. "I'll be okay," Max said quietly, in what she hoped was a confident voice and not as if she were trying to convince herself of the fact. "I wouldn't be surprised if some others here haven't experienced parents. Anyway, it's just parent for me. My mother - the woman in the photograph of the Veteran's Day Parade -............well, she didn't see the next Veteran's Day," Max continued, surprised she was speaking at all. She couldn't bring herself to say that her mother had died not even a year after the picture was taken, but it was implied in the choice of her words.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #516
disneygirl520

Quote:

Max: Max listened as River tried to figure out what to say. The problem is, when you encounter something like what had just happened, watching one of your fellow students break, you wanted to say something, but there really wasn't much to say. "I'll be okay," Max said quietly, in what she hoped was a confident voice and not as if she were trying to convince herself of the fact. "Anyway, it's just parent for me. My mother - the woman in the photograph of the Veteran's Day Parade -............well, she didn't see the next Veteran's Day," Max continued, surprised she was speaking at all. She couldn't bring herself to say that her mother had died not even a year after the picture was taken, but it was implied in the choice of her words.
River: "oh, I didn't know" River could feel tears coming but she choked them down not letting them make their way to her eyes. "I've ummm... I've never met my parents, I mean I'm sure I have technically but I certainly don't remember, I don't even know what they looked like" it was no hope, the tears began to fall.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #517
Fairywings

Quote:
River: "oh, I didn't know" River could feel tears coming but she choked them down not letting them make their way to her eyes. "I've ummm... I've never met my parents, I mean I'm sure I have technically but I certainly don't remember, I don't even know what they looked like" it was no hope, the tears began to fall.
Max: Max bit her lip. On the one hand, she couldn't let people in, couldn't get close to others. On the other hand, Max hated seeing people cry, hated seeing other people suffer more than Max did. So, Max felt obliged to comfort poor River, who has only been kind. Gingerly Max moved over to River and hugged her. "Parents are overrated," she said aloud. It might not have been the kindest thing to say, but it sounded good to Max, and really, what could you say? How could you say, 'It's okay' or 'It'll be okay', when really it wasn't and wouldn't be? River was probably either an orphan or abandoned by her parents, and neither of that was okay. Max knew even having a father like hers was better than having no parents at all. Max's father was pushing her to be his ideal of a perfect person and sending her off to boarding schools, but at least he was trying to be a parent to her.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:12 PM   #518
soccer_mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings View Post
OOC: That's great!

Daniel: Daniel stands up and stretches. This day so far has been quite surreal. He looks around at the other students with somewhat of an overwhelmed expression. He glances over at Nate and Alex and says, "It's only been two periods so far, but you know, I don't think this is going to be quite like a regular school year." He holds a serious expression for a few moments, before he relaxes into his easy smile. He throws his things into his backpack, slides the straps onto his shoulders with ease, and walks out of the lab with his friends.

Nate: "How can it be regular when you've got a bunch of superheros running around?" Nate said, and laughed. "Where do you want to go for free period?" He glanced over his shoulder at the room, seeing that Britt never rejoined the class. As an afterthought, he added, "I wonder where Britt is?"

Margo: Margo skirted out of the room, hoping no one would try to talk to her. Although she could be social, sometimes she just needed to be alone. Recharge, as she liked to think of it. She made her way quickly to her room. There, Margo dumped her backpack on the bed and opened the window. Luckily, she had the perfect power for being alone. Margo flew out of the window, and onto the roof of the manor house. She leaned against the cool shingles, taking in the sea air and great views. Margo closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and began to process all the information she'd taken in over the last few days.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #519
Fairywings

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey View Post

Nate: "How can it be regular when you've got a bunch of superheros running around?" Nate said, and laughed. "Where do you want to go for free period?" He glanced over his shoulder at the room, seeing that Britt never rejoined the class. As an afterthought, he added, "I wonder where Britt is?"

Margo: Margo skirted out of the room, hoping no one would try to talk to her. Although she could be social, sometimes she just needed to be alone. Recharge, as she liked to think of it. She made her way quickly to her room. There, Margo dumped her backpack on the bed and opened the window. Luckily, she had the perfect power for being alone. Margo flew out of the window, and onto the roof of the manor house. She leaned against the cool shingles, taking in the sea air and great views. Margo closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and began to process all the information she'd taken in over the last few days.
Daniel: Daniel shrugged, realizing that maybe it wouldn't just be all about classes, like other schools. There was really more to it here, especially with the students. Daniel was beginning to think none of the students were exactly like what they showed on the outside. Max had proven that, they'd already seen three sides of her today and it was only ten thirty or eleven in the morning. He replied, "Well, we aren't super heroes yet. And I doubt Professor Collins is the type that's going to give use codenames." He paused and thought about Nate's question. "We could go outside. We haven't really seen the island except for the front lawn and the building. We could always leave our stuff in the living room or in our rooms." He paused again and then continued, "I don't know. I think Britt was skipping, and Professor Collins must have been too distracted with - with what happened with Max to check her head." He liked the other students. Alex and Nate were quickly becoming pretty good friends, and he was sure that Samantha and Britt would soon become good friends too. Jack could do whatever he liked, and Max just plain confused him. The rest he hadn't met or hadn't gotten to know.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #520
disneygirl520

Quote:

Max: Max bit her lip. On the one hand, she couldn't let people in, couldn't get close to others. On the other hand, Max hated seeing people cry, hated seeing other people suffer more than Max did. So, Max felt obliged to comfort poor River, who has only been kind. Gingerly Max moved over to River and hugged her. "Parents are overrated," she said aloud. It might not have been the kindest thing to say, but it sounded good to Max, and really, what could you say? How could you say, 'It's okay' or 'It'll be okay', when really it wasn't and wouldn't be? River was probably either an orphan or abandoned by her parents, and neither of that was okay. Max knew even having a father like hers was better than having no parents at all. Max's father was pushing her to be his ideal of a perfect person and sending her off to boarding schools, but at least he was trying to be a parent to her.
River: As River began crying she felt Max's arms around her. Immediately River's eyes wides and the tears stopped falling, River couldn't remember the last time she had been hugged. Even though River always had a guardian in her grandmother she practically raised herself since her grandmother has been very sick since she was very young, and because of this River never really had friends since she wasn't willing to tell people about herself, she just never want to be the girl with no parents who has to raise herself and her grandmother. Without thinking about it River pulled her hands from her eyes and wrapped them around Max.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #521
Fairywings

Quote:
River: As River began crying she felt Max's arms around her. Immediately River's eyes wides and the tears stopped falling, River couldn't remember the last time she had been hugged. Even though River always had a guardian in her grandmother she practically raised herself since her grandmother has been very sick since she was very young, and because of this River never really had friends since she wasn't willing to tell people about herself, she just never want to be the girl with no parents who has to raise herself and her grandmother. Without thinking about it River pulled her hands from her eyes and wrapped them around Max.
Max: Max was surprised as River hugged her back. She hugged her for a few more moments before letting go and stepping back. Max did have to restrain herself after all. She wondered whether her father had sent her punishment in an email yet. "I'll be back later, I'm going to check my email on a computer inb the library." She smiled reassurance at River, and got up and walked to the library, hoping no one would follow. Max had to keep her secrets.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #522
soccer_mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings View Post
Daniel: Daniel shrugged, realizing that maybe it wouldn't just be all about classes, like other schools. There was really more to it here, especially with the students. Daniel was beginning to think none of the students were exactly like what they showed on the outside. Max had proven that, they'd already seen three sides of her today and it was only ten thirty or eleven in the morning. He replied, "Well, we aren't super heroes yet. And I doubt Professor Collins is the type that's going to give use codenames." He paused and thought about Nate's question. "We could go outside. We haven't really seen the island except for the front lawn and the building. We could always leave our stuff in the living room or in our rooms." He paused again and then continued, "I don't know. I think Britt was skipping, and Professor Collins must have been too distracted with - with what happened with Max to check her head." He liked the other students. Alex and Nate were quickly becoming pretty good friends, and he was sure that Samantha and Britt would soon become good friends too. Jack could do whatever he liked, and Max just plain confused him. The rest he hadn't met or hadn't gotten to know.
Nate: "Yeah, I like the idea of going outside and exploring the island."

OOC: Lately, I've been thinking that Nate's ability (taking on the abilities of animals) may give him too much power. I mean, think about all the things animals can do; fly, super strength, camouflage, heightened senses, breathe underwater, super speed, and tons more. A lot of them overlap with other people's powers, too, and I don't want to steal their thunder. Do you think I could change it? Or does anyone have any ideas to limit it? (I haven't mentioned it at all in the actual game.)
Old 01-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #523
disneygirl520

Quote:

Max: Max was surprised as River hugged her back. She hugged her for a few more moments before letting go and stepping back. Max did have to restrain herself after all. She wondered whether her father had sent her punishment in an email yet. "I'll be back later, I'm going to check my email on a computer inb the library." She smiled reassurance at River, and got up and walked to the library, hoping no one would follow. Max had to keep her secrets.
River: River felt Max letting go of their hug, and she knew she had to let her go. She tried her best to smile while Max left the room, but she knew more than anything she didn't want to be left alone, River sat alone secretly hoping someone would walk in and join her.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #524
Fairywings

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey View Post
Nate: "Yeah, I like the idea of going outside and exploring the island."

OOC: Lately, I've been thinking that Nate's ability (taking on the abilities of animals) may give him too much power. I mean, think about all the things animals can do; fly, super strength, camouflage, heightened senses, breathe underwater, super speed, and tons more. A lot of them overlap with other people's powers, too, and I don't want to steal their thunder. Do you think I could change it? Or does anyone have any ideas to limit it? (I haven't mentioned it at all in the actual game.)
OOC: You could chage completely, or there are two alternatives that come to mind. One, you could say that you can only use one ability at a time, and it tires you, or you could say that you actually transform into the animal, so he still can only use a few ablities at a time

Daniel: Daniel grinned again. "Okay."

Old 01-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #525
Fairywings

Max: Max went into the library and up the steps to the second floor. She went over to a computer and logged on. She got into her email and, hands shaking, she opened her email and pulled up the one from her father.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: